• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Super Princess Peach is underrated, imo. It's so lovely.

(Chris B*****)
Canadians don't talk about him.

My boyfriend gets all uneasy whenever I mention him. I mean... it's kinda hard not to. Anyway.

Bret Hart > everyone else, apparently.

Ohhh, right, I remember that now. That was long ago.

Right, that was when I threatened go all SAO on people (like, before SAO got dumber). Hah, I never did end up finishing up my Sonic X Japanese episode stuff, huh?

"Noooooo come baaaack! :("

Noi

making up for the cringe from earlier

have some iota

ig9AQCTmf8sdj.gif

Real talk for a second? RockxLight was probably the worst poster on GAF. Revelled in his irritating contrarian schtick. Didn't see a single thing on GAF he wouldn't disagree with.

Bothered to check what got him banned and my god you're right; even with Off-Topic IRL shit he just sided with what the minority said, regardless of what minority is arguing.

Edit: Fuck double post, my bad; thought I was making an edit.

Is that an expensive game to buy?

It was out of print for a while, then they did another run, now I think it's out of print again so mayyybe. It's probably selling around new prices for used.

It is a pretty rad game though. Didn't think it was fantastic myself but it's definitely better than its outsourced DS platformer contemporaries. Has some really nice sprite work.

As for BritishGAF, even though I friggin' lived in England for three years (Cheltenham, nice town), I think I'd be out of place there. I mean, that was from Summer 1996 to Summer 1999; my experiences are remarkably out-of-date.
You're an honorary Britannian in my books.

Super Princess Peach is underrated, imo. It's so lovely
Underrated i'd agree but i've never held much inclination to replay it, sort of like a Kirby game in the sense that it's mindless fun but not exactly taxing, still its approach to visuals is sweet, apparently only Mario sub series are allowed to look this nice.

who the fuck is Irate Gamer and what does he have to do with one of the greatest pro wrestlers of all-time!?
Maybe this Irate Gamer guy is so bad he makes people TAAAAAAAP.

Noi

Ys and Rune Factory 4... It's like XSEED wanted me to wake up to a double dose of shutupandtakemymoney.png.

I'll finally own a 3DS game I actually wanted!

Rune Factory 3 was pretty fun all things considered. It scratches my Harvest Moon itch that hasn't been satisfied since I played the SNES one (Which I desperately want by the way...ouch on the price though)

You're an honorary Britannian in my books.
Thank you.

BTW: The existence of Maryland-brand cookies rather surprised me. I mean, my state's known more for its seafood than it is cookies! (Mmm, crab dip.)

Although it's pronounced "Marril-end" for some reason. Never quite understood it, myself; kinda like why the city of Bowie, Maryland is pronounced "Boo-whee" (like a ghost) instead of "Bow-whee" (like a bowtie, or David Bowie), or why New Orleans, Louisiana is "New Or-lins" (like lint) and not "New Or-leans" (like leaning).

qq more

The Happy Video Game Nerd?

He's actually really cool though, he mostly gushes about cool stuff that flew a bit under the radar.

Based on one review I saw of his (Metal Storm for NES was it?), yeah I'd say it was quite good. I should watch more of those.

Kokonoe

Banned
You know, a lot of us make fun of the dialogue in Sonic a lot, but I'm actually curious if there are anything you find 'cool' about it as well.

So, what are some of the dialogue or lines from Sonic games you find to be 'cool'?

Sonic has cool dialog? News to me. I used to find his dialog cool, but lately I've just found it rather embarrassing.

I did think the "no copyright law in the universe" line was pretty witty. Shame it had to be preceded with "I am going to free these aliens!", which was a rather stilted line to be honest.

qq more

You know, a lot of us make fun of the dialogue in Sonic a lot, but I'm actually curious if there are anything you find 'cool' about it as well.

So, what are some of the dialogue or lines from Sonic games you find to be 'cool'?

Does the cartoons count? Robotnik's lines in SATAM were fantastic.

Nert

Although it was very kid friendly and goofy (on purpose), some of the lines in Sonic Colors were enjoyable enough. I liked most of Eggman's PA announcements.

Most of the spoken dialogue in Sonic games has been beyond abysmal, though. Even the line readings for otherwise inoffensive bits like "Oh no! Our weapons are useless!" are the worst.

Edit: The scene running from 7:05 to about 7:30 is one of the dumbest I've ever seen :p

Sonic was pretty hilarious I remember in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog...I just can't remember any lines per se. I need to buy that series...

qq more

Come to think of it Robotnik/Eggman in general always has great lines. I think that's how he became my #1 favorite character.

Sonic 06 does not count since it never happened, ever.

Sonic was pretty hilarious I remember in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog...I just can't remember any lines per se. I need to buy that series...
There's a lot of "GOTTA SPEED, KEED" and "I'M WAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEETEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENG". It gets rather grating.

I'm not sure what people still see in Jaleel White's Sonic.

Kokonoe

Banned
Here's one I liked.

Sonic Adventure 1 right before Super Sonic

"How can that help? It won't change how he feels will it? His heart will still remain in turmoil and his anger just won't vanish! He'll just be trapped forever!"

Sonic has cool dialog? News to me. I used to find his dialog cool, but lately I've just found it rather embarrassing.

I did think the "no copyright law in the universe" line was pretty witty. Shame it had to be preceded with "I am going to free these aliens!", which was a rather stilted line to be honest.

I still find some of it cool, I'm currently looking through as there are a lot of quotes I believe I can dig up. I know his Black Knight stuff is great.

You know, although it does go into like that in Colors, and even though I don't really care for colors, I am sucker for bad jokes sometimes. I do prefer witty jokes and I dislike random humor, but so bad it's good is what I saw in a lot of Colors jokes.

Does the cartoons count? Robotnik's lines in SATAM were fantastic.

let me go in gizoogle mode

"bust them suckas out, foreal OG triple OG and don't forget to pop pop and glock dawg."

Sciz

Sonic tends to have some pretty decent lines when he gets mad.

But in general, Robotnik and his latest robot minions are the only characters worth listening to in any voiced medium.

TheOGB

Banned
Sonic tends to have some pretty decent lines when he gets mad.

But in general, Robotnik and his latest robot minions are the only characters worth listening to in any voiced medium.
This. When people remember he's the blue dude with 'tude, the results are usually prety good.

Other than that, I don't think I'd call a single thing Sonic has ever said "cool." He's usually at his coolest doing something, not saying something.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I feel so weird because I really don't like FFIV, yet there are a lot of people on GAF who do. @___@

So a lot of the flack he gets is his earlier videos (the main show about classic games) where he essentially did AVGN's TMNT review and he declined it a lot at first or something. Nearly all of his videos have massive amount of dislikes on them due to this, but his later videos just became quite awful in my opinion.

Bad
The Irate Gamer 2.0 : Aflac Auditions - The Irate Gamer Sessions

Okay
Sonic Unleashed Review
I'll watch these when I get home. I'm excited. I think.

I thought it was a better game than NSMB DS. Though gating the final level behind "Find all Toads!" sucks because there's nothing to indicate you HAVE to be collecting all of them.
Yeah, that last bit was incredibly terrible. Outside of that, the game itself is incredibly charming.

Ys and Rune Factory 4... It's like XSEED wanted me to wake up to a double dose of shutupandtakemymoney.png.

I'll finally own a 3DS game I actually wanted!
Oh, they're finally localizing Celceta, huh? That game has a lot of text.

*pointed criticism at XSEED dragging their asses on Trails*

If you didn't like Ys Seven like me, you'll like Celceta's more balanced version of Flash Guard/Flash Dodge. I just really really really dislike how it looks, and it's not really a remake of Ys IV at all. It's more of a reimagining and it feels much different than the original IV games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom