• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
I honestly don't know, this is the first I've heard of it and the pic that was in the thread is gone now.

I went by a post in that thread but it must've been a joke :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh boy, I can't wait for the outcome of this thread. I bet it's going to be like every Square-Enix thread that was created in the last six months, where a few people with their heads stuck in the sand carry on arguments for pages and pages. :/

SE's problem is like Sega's old problem:
-bad management of resources
-misusing the talent they have at their disposal
-a cruddy working environment structured not to their workers' well-being, but intended for their bottom line
-Weird QA and QC, leading to some iffy games in terms of mechanics or unpolished material
-announcing games when they haven't even started working on them!
-They are a better publisher than they are a developer. This never used to be the case, and these roles used to be equal in terms of quality.
-They don't necessarily have anyone like Sakaguchi, Uematsu, etc. who brought new talent into the company. Sakaguchi hired a bunch of folks like Ito, Kitase, Tokita, etc. and gave them experience and higher positions when he saw that they were bringing cool things to the table. Uematsu was the one who hired Hamauzu, for example. Who do they have doing the hiring now? They're picking people from smaller developers who they collaborated with -- at least Nomura is. The rest of them just seem set on carrying out their own vision as opposed to making SE secure for the future.

That company has a problem and people who don't say they have a problem have their heads stuck in the sand.

The parallels between SE and Sega just seem too numerous to ignore. At the very least, Sega seems to be digging themselves out of their hole.

I have to wonder if Iizuka's even considering hiring new blood. Perhaps the stint where he wasn't completely hands-on with the Sonic series was him trying to give other people a chance to give players their vision for the series. Well, before he started having a producer role on Sonic games.

Noi

I saw that thread title, got curious but decided not to peek in. Looking inside now, at least the usual suspects aren't there yet. That's when the thread'll likely go south.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I saw that thread title, got curious but decided not to peek in. Looking inside now, at least the usual suspects aren't there yet. That's when the thread'll likely go south.
Pretty much. Can't wait. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUj80JdwBXA

That hilariously bad Sonic movie just got retsupuraed
Oh noooooo. I'm almost afraid they'll rip it apart like they did with that horrendous Nostalgia Critic LP.

Oh man I just remembered the NC was in this. :lol

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Different people this time actually. Chip and Ironicus
I noticed when I clicked on it that it was Chip's account rather than the standard retsupurae account. It's not nice to lie, qq.

Oh, the stock numbers in those CNN labels for the movie are actually positive. See, when we watched it, I was concentrating on srs bizness everything was.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Sorry, I really couldn't help it. Baaaahahahaha.

One of those images is drawn by the guy who does the art for Langrisser and Growlanser and it's no secret that he does H-content (it's as just as secret as the guy who did the music for Secret of Mana doing music for H-content).

qq more

The swear challenge ends in about 2 hours

So list of everything notable that irritated me this week on GAF (and things linked from here)
  • I've played through the awfulness of Sonic Advance 2
  • Creepy Pokemon fans in the X/Y thread
  • Then there was ridiculously awful (yet hilarious but also sad and irritating) argument in that one Iwata thread (people seriously wants Nintendo to ditch the 3DS in favor of an actual GBA 2.0)
  • I got locked out of GAF for a day
  • I rewatched the awful Sonic movie via Retsupurae

None of those actually made me swear (though some made me want to swear, ESPECIALLY that Nintendo thread)

and yet that creepy manga video that got retsupurae'd... that was the toughest I've ever held back swearing... ever. Good god.

Seriously, I can't get OVER it. That was so painfully awful. Ughhhhh

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I trust you all have good heads on your shoulders. Because oh lawd we do not want to start discussions about certain things in here, even if it's sad and hilarious. :V

The swear challenge ends in about 2 hours

So list of everything notable that irritated me this week on GAF (and things linked from here)
  • I've played through the awfulness of Sonic Advance 2
  • Creepy Pokemon fans in the X/Y thread
  • Then there was ridiculously awful (yet hilarious but also sad and irritating) argument in that one Iwata thread (people seriously wants Nintendo to ditch the 3DS in favor of an actual GBA 2.0)
  • I got locked out of GAF for a day
  • I rewatched the awful Sonic movie via Retsupurae

None of those actually made me swear (though some made me want to swear, ESPECIALLY that Nintendo thread)

and yet that creepy manga video that got retsupurae'd... that was the toughest I've ever held back swearing... ever. Good god.

Seriously, I can't get OVER it. That was so painfully awful. Ughhhhh
What I want you to do is write up a swear-filled post detailing everything you talked about in this post after the challenge is finished. It'll be a nice outlet for you.

qq more

3101389_o.gif

Sonic 06 at least had this moment.

but then it has the infamous scene... so that cancels it out unfortunately

What I want you to do is write up a swear-filled post detailing everything you talked about in this post after the challenge is finished. It'll be a nice outlet for you.

...Time for change of plans. I was planning out something completely different. But I think this is actually a good idea.

Also, what happen to SmileBit? I love those Jet Set Radio and Panzer Dragoon games they made. And Typing of the Dead! Some of Sega's finest titles

Smilebit_Logo.png

Orta looked better than a LOT of 360 games back in '05-06. Played better, too!

Only one I never touched was Gunvalkyrie. Heard a lot of mixed things about that one because of the STEEP learning curve, but the people who like it, REALLY like it

Noi

I won an OG Xbox in a pool tournament with Ninja Gaiden.

...That's the only game I played on it before I sold it.

Slowbeef and Chip have been having a field day this weekend. Four videos on the mainline account, and one especially contemptuous video on Chip's.
Panties or socks? Panties or socks? PANTIES OR SOCKS?

I have just finished watching Turtles Forever.

It makes Sonic Generations look REALLY bad as a "old school meets new school and hijinks ensue" concept.

Which is to say that if you are a fan of the Ninja Turtles it is pretty much the greatest thing ever made. I don't think anything can top it. I'm probably not being hyperbolic. It goes everywhere you'd want it to go, makes all the references you'd dream it could make. It is fan service perfected.

I am positively GIDDY right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom