• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

Honestly, so this is what happens when you're relatively new as a junior or if you don't really have much notoriety on GAF. It's a shame, really. I've seen a lot of juniors post some good, substantial posts in various threads only for them to be ignored because they either don't have an avatar, aren't really recognized on the site, or they're sadly left at the bottom of the page.

It's weird. It's only been 2 years since I joined GAF, but since GAF was a little smaller back then, I guess it was easier to establish yourself? Now junior members aren't let in annually anymore, so GAF's gotten a little bigger since then.

That reminds me... We both registered GAF around in the same short time frame. I've registered before you did but somehow you got approved way before me. I had to wait a full year. Weird.

Nonono, we're not starting that in this thread.

I have no idea what that is but I take it that it's something that should be avoided at all costs?

"Avatar bets should all involve Key characters."

Key?
tumblr_m85363RYkc1r0ralmo1_500.gif

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That reminds me... We both registered GAF around in the same short time frame. I've registered before you did but somehow you got approved way before me. I had to wait a full year. Weird.
Wait, so you registered in 2010 and didn't get approved until 2011? That's what happened to me. I registered a little before FF13's English launch but didn't get approved until a full year later.

I have no idea what that is but I take it that it's something that should be avoided at all costs?
Did you not see the picture Aeana posted when she said that? That's what a character designed by Key looks like.

qq more

Wait, so you registered in 2010 and didn't get approved until 2011? That's what happened to me. I registered a little before FF13's English launch but didn't get approved until a full year later.
Oh... for some reason I thought you posted in GAF in 2010. I must of have been thinking of someone else. My memory is really faulty and likes to make up things for whatever reason!

Did you not see the picture Aeana posted when she said that? That's what a character designed by Key looks like.
...*goes to take a look*

EDIT: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

qq more

Key's art direction looks so generic. I hate really generic anime art but combined with the fact it's soooo poorly drawn just makes it the worst.

qq more

I registered early January and got approved less than a week later.

To this day I have no idea how I got such a quick turnaround time.

I registered and got approved like a month later. The approval process remains a mystery.

You both registered in 2012 and got approved fast.

Schala and I registered in 2010 and got approved in a full year.

Yeahh... GAF definitely went quicker on the approval process. Too bad two of my friends can't join GAF at all, their accounts kept getting rejected and one of them is a big Sonic fan!

That's what moe looks like.

Fuck moe

Noi

I liked AIR, that's about it. Don't ask me anything about it though.

I've had people try to convince me to just read/watch their other stuff, I just laugh and go "Sure, ok."

Jeez, that's the last time I try to be nice to junior members!
Question is did you come out of your avatar bet worse than Beef did last year? i'm not entirely sure yet.

I was pretty fortunate with my account timing, I signed up right at the beginning of 2011 and only had a 3 month wait, actually doesn't that roughly put me in with qq and yourself? you guys got screwed!

qq more

It wasn't too bad for me to be honest, I've been lurking GAF since that Scribblenauts hype post back in 2009. I was so used to lurking that the waiting wasn't so painful.

Also, my terrible internet confession: I used to post in chartzzzz. GAF showed me the light!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Question is did you come out of your avatar bet worse than Beef did last year? i'm not entirely sure yet.

I was pretty fortunate with my account timing, I signed up right at the beginning of 2011 and only had a 3 month wait, actually doesn't that roughly put me in with qq and yourself? you guys got screwed!
Looks like Beef's in a similar position as qq and I. He got in around the same time as us but his reg date was in 2010. I just know most people from the Welcome Thread. I'd been lurking GAF for a long time but was too shy to sign up (man, I don't even know how long I'd been lurking GAF before that. 2008, late 2007, maybe?). The FF13 threads kinda did me in, mostly because I wanted to complain about the JP version.

I only have my avatar for a week. Beef had to wear his for longer than that.

I liked AIR, that's about it. Don't ask me anything about it though.
I saw that once and I don't remember a single thing about it.

qq more

I see my masterpiece is being put to good use, and I did know about it being too wide but was going to modify it if the time came. Looks like I didn't have to, though.

Austin Texas? Looks like RubyEclipse is getting ready for the QuiltCon.

=)

It was hard to let that masterpiece go to waste. Too bad everyone knew I was going to use it regardless of the challenge though

In the end I learned to Rise Above Hate™ when it came to things that I like and GAF doesn't like.

And I posted way too much in that Welcome Thread.

BHZ Mayor

Ahaha, let's get this out of the way because I've seen some people on gaming side refute it: Sonic 3&K is one game, and we're all in agreement, right?

It was designed that way, anyway.

Agreed. It was LITERALLY one game split in half because it wasn't complete when they wanted to release it.

GAMERG0D

If you plan on playing through the entire series, you're always free to join us in the anniversary playthrough thread! You might burn yourself out, though.

Also, for these ones you haven't beaten, is it because of disinterest in general or difficulty?
Final Fantasy V has been hard for me, maybe I'm underleveled. The last half of Disk One of IX bored me, the beginning of Disk Two doesn't help. X-2 is a game I need to go back to and play, I was sidetracked by other games at the time. Before LR comes out I need to beat XIII, I've put it on hold for now.

As for the playthrough thread, I never joined into that because you guys were pretty far in and I didn't want to join in the middle of it.

I've taken one down with DMC3, three more to go.
Though odds are I would've played through 4 games anyway but this makes it more fun somehow.

This reminds me I need to drop my Dustforce thoughts in here later regarding the game and soundtrack considering the 2 members that sort of prompted me to play it reside here.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Austin Texas? Looks like RubyEclipse is getting ready for the QuiltCon.
I'd go. I need a new quilt!

And I posted way too much in that Welcome Thread.
You ended up being unjuniored faster than everyone else because of that. :V

I had the misfortune of being unjuniored in the Sonic Generations announcement thread.

Final Fantasy V has been hard for me, maybe I'm underleveled. The last half of Disk One of IX bored me, the beginning of Disk Two doesn't help. X-2 is a game I need to go back to and play, I was sidetracked by other games at the time. Before LR comes out I need to beat XIII, I've put it on hold for now.

As for the playthrough thread, I never joined into that because you guys were pretty far in and I didn't want to join in the middle of it.
Re: FF5, which jobs do you have equipped and which skills do you have for them?

Re: FF9, Maybe you might need to restart it based on how long ago you played it. I found the first disc to be the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom