• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll include Toriyama transforming Cloud into Lightning in some fashion so they can avoid remaking FF7.

People would be making gifs of trying to get that green star in Flipsville Galaxy for some game or platform hoping to come close to #1 but not reaching it at all and dying ("TOO BAD!").

I dunno.

I like how my mention of that star in the other thread has spurred onto this idea.

Noi

I'd join in and say that I don't trust current SE to make a good, quirky FFVII remake, though after playing this:

boxart.jpg

...I'd say there's some people who could.

Noi

I don't know, it's like the developers from Square Enix portable and console games are in different dimensions and we all know who would do the remake.

FFVII remake for handhelds then.

...Nope, can't imagine a scenario where that would play out.

Heropon

FFVII remake for 3DS

BETRAYALTONS

I'd love a handheld remake, but people who expect the remake want it to have SUPER GRAFIX and all that stuff so they would rage really hard. My needs aren't that high, I only want a better script and better character models.

Nintendo moneyhats FF7 remake for 3DS, to follow up on the FF3 and FF4 remakes.

More realistically Sony for Vita, but eh, they already sell gangbusters with the PS1 Classic version, don't they?

I'd love a handheld remake, but people who expect the remake want it to have SUPER GRAFIX and all that stuff so they would rage really hard. My needs aren't that high, I only want a better script and better character models.

My thoughts exactly.

It'd probably be the only way it'd get developed and released in a reasonable time frame, too.

qq more

I always find a much easier time to get into RPGs when they're on handhelds for some reason. When I play them on consoles... I get too lazy to finish them. Thank god DQX apparently has off-TV play!

Heropon

Now that I think about it, I'm not really sure about changing the character models. Look how adorable they are:

z6MDURn.png

Maybe the PS3/4 remake people want would end with NORA Aerith:

uGOAo8E.jpg

Yeah, while they may be crude by today's standards, I thought they translated the charm of the 16 Bit era FF sprites pretty well. So many moments wouldn't be nearly as funny (Like this, for example) with regular ol' character models.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
what the crap is that

I like how my mention of that star in the other thread has spurred onto this idea.
I'm just sad that no one's made a gif of the shame of missing the star yet. You mentioning it before made me remember what a pain in the ass it was.

That's what I want as well. I honestly wouldn't mind it being left the way it was in terms of its structure (and no voice acting oh lawd I would prefer this by a country mile), but just spruce up the script and take away the Popeye models.

That's it. That's all I want. It doesn't have to look like freaking Advent Children or Crisis Core.

Eh, mostly becuase almost every time I post something and wait for someone else to past the thread seems to go dead for the rest of the day. :p
What I've learned is that a strategic way of posting is to post in the mid-afternoon or evening PST/EST on a weekday so more people will see your thread or post.

I'm not home that often anymore (plus I've realized that I actually need to sleep now) so I usually tend to multi-quote while I catch up, lol. I read every post in here! :v

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Blaze, if you pop into this thread... you've really gotta stop replying to every dumb comment on your Sonic 2006 vid.

They're going to keep making shit up to defend it and calling you a liar and blah blah blah. It's a wonder that you haven't gotten tired of it because even I would've probably lost patience by now.

I have been watching Fire Emblem Awakening footage lately...

Forgive me, my first introduction to Marth was in Melee, why is he a woman now?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Forgive me, my first introduction to Marth was in melee, why is he a woman now?
I'd spoil lots of parts of the game for you if I said what is up with that bit here.

Because wearing a tiara slowly transforms your gender over time.
When I watched the Fire Emblem anime and saw the cover (this was before I'd played an FE game before), I sincerely thought Marth (then named "Mars" (it was an Aeris/Aerith sorta thing and they went with the corruption of "Mars" instead for Nintendo's games, I guess)) was a girl prior to watching it.

And then he was voiced by Spike Spencer. LOL.

Noi

Spike Spencer's a cool dude. Met him at a local con, got him to sign my copy of Steambot Chronicles (he voiced Vanilla).

...Now I reminded myself of Irem's death and made myself sad.

qq more

So how is everyone doing with the 4 For February challenge (8 for me)? I'm almost done with my first game that is Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Pokemon Black is next! Might be able to finish M&L tonight.

NoE localization team have been pretty busy not translating Animal Crossing, so they couldn't do it in time. We should be thankful we're getting it just after a 3DS games barrage in March.

Adding to their defence i'm sure they've got a whole bunch of game titles that need changing for no real reason and they're racking their brains night and day for HarmoKnight in particular.

Why does everything have to drop in March? I'll be happy when the time comes but it's just such an odd decision.

Blaze, if you pop into this thread... you've really gotta stop replying to every dumb comment on your Sonic 2006 vid.

They're going to keep making shit up to defend it and calling you a liar and blah blah blah. It's a wonder that you haven't gotten tired of it because even I would've probably lost patience by now.

There was a time when I started to get sick of it but now it honestly doesn't bother me anymore.
Em5QdfE.gif

Noi

So how is everyone doing with the 4 For February challenge (8 for me)? I'm almost done with my first game that is Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Pokemon Black is next! Might be able to finish M&L tonight.

Done with three! Technically 4 if I consider the You Don't Know Jack that I bought yesterday and already saw credits for, but I won't~

Heropon

Adding to their defence i'm sure they've got a whole bunch of game titles that need changing for no real reason and they're racking their brains night and day for HarmoKnight in particular.

Why does everything have to drop in March? I'll be happy when the time comes but it's just such an odd decision.

It's the end of the fiscal year, so that can be a reason. I certainly don't know why they didn't have HarmoKnight earlier, it would be perfect for a post Christmas drought. I've already done all the puzzles in picross e2, I need more!!!

I'll start...perhaps. We'll see, I feel I have other things I need to attend to first, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom