• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
son this is what anime has become.

it's not this cool stuff anymore

CETcAzc.gif

YtngJw3.gif

I just can't really get into much of the anime out there these days. My friend tried to get me to watch an episode of that Sword Art Online thing, and it was one of the the creepiest things I've ever had the displeasure of viewing.

Edit: And for some reason, Firefox always crashes as soon as I try to go into IRC. Huh.

Nert

7 seconds

7 seconds is all I could spare to watch that

what is the appeal

I'm sure that I'm missing out on some great exceptions here and there, but that shit is why I haven't watched almost any anime released since FLCL
Does Avatar: The Last Airbender count? That stuff is great.

I'm sure that I'm missing out on some great exceptions here and there, but that shit is why I haven't watched almost any anime released since FLCL
Does Avatar: The Last Airbender count? That stuff is great.

FLCL was boring, same with Gurren Lagaan; besides, everyone knows that Gainax's best anime is
Ebichu the Housekeeping Hamster :p

...and no, it doesn't count.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That shit has been around for decades.
It has, and thus I'm really tired of it. Especially since I see it in a lot of games now.

Uguu, though, is some bottom of the barrel nonsense.

Knuckles's family must be like the Simpsons family. Everyone is something.

They also have pot fights.

I just can't really get into much of the anime out there these days. My friend tried to get me to watch an episode of that Sword Art Online thing, and it was one of the the creepiest things I've ever had the displeasure of viewing.
The action scenes used to be alright. SAO, though, ugh. :|

Just watch Fate/Zero.

Sword of the Stranger? Good taste there.
This kind of stuff is what I like in anime. Lots of awesome fight scenes.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
usagi drop and kimi ni todoke are such great palatte cleansers after getting force fed most of crap everyone else keeps telling me to watch.
Usagi Drop is really really good. I was impressed with it. I noticed that I'm going more for josei stuff lately.

I've never seen SAO but what was terrible about it? ...It's not one of those creepy animes, is it?
Imouto (little sister) falling in love with her onii-san (big bro). But it's ok because they're not related and they're just cousins! wat.

Also, Kirito is Batman and all the girls love him and he's great at everything and he can do no wrong. Bad pacing, some dumb storyline stuff, and it just squanders all of its potential in favour of catering to certain audiences.

qq more

Imouto (little sister) falling in love with her onii-san (big bro). But it's ok because they're not related and they're just cousins! wat.
RoGl0FF.gif

Also, Kirito is Batman and all the girls love him and he's great at everything and he can do no wrong. Bad pacing, some dumb storyline stuff, and it just squanders all of its potential in favour of catering to certain audiences.
Sounds really lame.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aw, reading that verbosity thread makes me feel kinda bad but I don't think I use a lot of big/complicated/jargon words.

This really isn't doing anything for me, to be honest. What's it about, though?
The OT can go into detail better than I could, even though the base story isn't that mindblowing. The best parts of the anime are the art/scene direction, the script, and the overall character interactions that seem to appear at every corner as you continue to watch the episodes.

If Sonic were to have another anime or cartoon series, would you prefer:
-American cartoon with an American script
-Anime
-CG animation in the vein of Night of the Werehog

Noi

Usagi Drop is fantastic. Just... don't read the manga. Stick to the anime so you can keep the cute, fluffy memories.

It was worth sticking around for the blokes mocking Uguu.

So does it actually mean anything at all or am I just witnessing an "endearing" sound effect/character trait?

I need a schala rating on this thread.

I can already tell it won't end well though. It only had the one link in the middle before the edit.

Screw the Schala rating, i've dived in to agree with the thread and boost its value in the process, actually i'm happy you brought it in here to be judged because I might have missed it otherwise.

qq more

Finished Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. What a game! So that's one down.

How is everyone else doing with the 4 for Feb challenge?

I beat Mirror's Edge, and I'm slowly coming towards the end of FC3, I think. For what it's worth, I'm finding the second island much more satisfying- far less spiritualistic bullshit, more action. The mission by the river where you have to grab the roll sheet is fantastic.

qq more

I doubt I'll beat any games this month. I'm pretty far along in Spirit Tracks though.

I actually liked Spirit Tracks, despite all of the hate it gets. Never finished it though.

Also, I bought these from a friend the other day:
HNI_0049.JPG

Excuse the crappy quality, I used my 3DS.

EDIT: Uploaded a better pic.

I actually liked Spirit Tracks, despite all of the hate it gets. Never finished it though.

Also, I bought these from a friend the other day:
HNI_0049.JPG

Excuse the crappy quality, I used my 3DS.

EDIT: Uploaded a better pic.
I have a huge tub of HAMA pearl beads I need to use up, I should go make some more stuff with them.

I made a small SNES super mario with a goomba and some blocks but no idea where I left them, also made neogeo sonic and a palm tree for my bro's room

Tempted to make a full size samus snes sprite, I have enough beads I think

I beat Bastion yesterday, posted my thoughts in the Feb thread, onto finishing off Bioshock 2 when I can be arsed to, instead i've found myself being distracted by going through Dark Souls yet again, all of my work for this demon hammer and it just ain't that exciting...oh well.

Pietepiet

It's starting to be my favorite Zelda actually, haha. The train is cute, and none of the puzzles, dungeons and sidequests overstay their welcome.

Barely any padding either. Loving it!

GAMERG0D

Well I got these games to do

Metroid Prime Trilogy
GTA III
Cave Story+
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Starting on BBS today and Prime 1 today. Dat Prime on component.

I'd been playing through Prime Trilogy on my Wii U, and yeah, it looks sharp as a knife.

Too sharp, arguably, because I don't recall the scan icons being this pixellated and ugly.

But man does it control nicely.

GAMERG0D

I'd been playing through Prime Trilogy on my Wii U, and yeah, it looks sharp as a knife.

Too sharp, arguably, because I don't recall the scan icons being this pixellated and ugly.

But man does it control nicely.
That's what I'm playing it on, with HDMI. I only bought it because my Prime was scratched.

OMG Aero

It's starting to be my favorite Zelda actually, haha. The train is cute, and none of the puzzles, dungeons and sidequests overstay their welcome.

Barely any padding either. Loving it!
I like Spirit Tracks too and think it gets way too much hate.
I remember the dungeons being pretty cool and they completely turned around on the central dungeon you return to mechanic and made it fun with the phantoms you can control. I think they gave you warp points too so you don't have to repeat any parts if you don't want to like in Phantom Hourglass.
As I recall from the thread for it, the main reasons people hated it were for the lack of a real overworld and apparently most people straight up couldn't operate the flute but I didn't have a problem with those at all and found the flute easy to use.

Also I still maintain that Spirit Tracks has the best interaction between Zelda and Link from any game in the series since you are together and talking to her for the whole game. The childhood friend thing in Skyward Sword was nice but all that boiled down was that Zelda is your friend at the start of the game and there are hints of a relationship but then she is captured and everything is put on hold for the rest of the game while you save her. Hell, I think Link and Groose's relationship is more developed in Skyward Sword than Link and Zelda's.

"Uguu" aint got nothing on "ACH-ON-BRUKIE!"

To be fair though, Black Jack was a pretty good anime. I would have called it a masterpiece if it wasn't for the big plot holes in some episodes and that character.

She's the annoying "I-love-you-even-though-I'm-horribly-underaged-to-be-with-you" stereotype. They don't explain her backstory until the 40th episode.

If you haven't watched this anime, take a guess at what her backstory could possibly be. It's so ridiculous that you will never figure it out on your own. Seriously just take a guess.

Quackula

"Uguu" aint got nothing on "ACH-ON-BRUKIE!"

To be fair though, Black Jack was a pretty good anime. I would have called it a masterpiece if it wasn't for the big plot holes in some episodes and that character.

She's the annoying "I-love-you-even-though-I'm-horribly-underaged-to-be-with-you" stereotype. They don't explain her backstory until the 40th episode.

If you haven't watched this anime, take a guess at what her backstory could possibly be. It's so ridiculous that you will never figure it out on your own. Seriously just take a guess.

Only thing I know about Black Jack (other than that it's supposed to be really good) is that parody character from Excel Saga.

Pietepiet

I like Spirit Tracks too and think it gets way too much hate.
I remember the dungeons being pretty cool and they completely turned around on the central dungeon you return to mechanic and made it fun with the phantoms you can control. I think they gave you warp points too so you don't have to repeat any parts if you don't want to like in Phantom Hourglass.
As I recall from the thread for it, the main reasons people hated it were for the lack of a real overworld and apparently most people straight up couldn't operate the flute but I didn't have a problem with those at all and found the flute easy to use.

Also I still maintain that Spirit Tracks has the best interaction between Zelda and Link from any game in the series since you are together and talking to her for the whole game. The childhood friend thing in Skyward Sword was nice but all that boiled down was that Zelda is your friend at the start of the game and there are hints of a relationship but then she is captured and everything is put on hold for the rest of the game while you save her. Hell, I think Link and Groose's relationship is more developed in Skyward Sword than Link and Zelda's.

Yup, totally agree. I never got the overworld complaint really. Despite stuff being literally on rails, there's still a lot to discover. The rabbits, optional stations. I really like it all.

Spirit Tracks Zelda is best Zelda. She's hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom