• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
uTqWRyl.jpg

Huh, I didn't know the Stadium had these kinds of ads. :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I was studying and kinda forgot to change it back. Now I feel normal.

My GameStop had a copy of Suikoden II for $15 bucks. I hear that game's pretty good? There better be a sprint option!
BUY IT. There is a sprint option! Some runes can also increase your movement speed on the world map.

omgggggggggggggg *excite* I love when people play that game for the first time. It makes me so happy. My first time with it was so incredibly wonderful. I had such a good time with it that I put off finishing FF8 and played the game again and got all 108 stars and did my favourite sidequest in the game to get the character who has awesome stats.

It's not often that I get to fangirl over a game, so let me have my chance.

I really hate these kind of ads
So do I. I'm pretty happy that GAF doesn't have these ads (GAF's ads are more amusing.)

I've been streaming Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the past few days and am going for all A ranks and emblems. I have about ~40 emblems left to go in case anyone wants to tune in:

http://www.twitch.tv/I3rand0
I like having streams open when I'm studying, so sure.

I heard I got to find all 108 of these Suikoden guys though to get the good ending. That's gonna be a lot of GameFAQS!

Also, that Essential Shooter thread will be happening, for the 2-3 people who visit this thread that came about that!

topFPS.png

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I heard I got to find all 108 of these Suikoden guys though to get the good ending. That's gonna be a lot of GameFAQS!

Also, that Essential Shooter thread will be happening, for the 2-3 people who visit this thread that came about that!

topFPS.png
Oh cool. I dunno if I'll be able to participate in that, but I'd love to read the thread. You're doing the OP for it, then?

The good ending comes from two things:
-getting all 108 stars (finding some of them can be hard, so yeah, maybe a faq might be warranted; there is a point of no return to get all the stars... fuck it, I've played that game so many times that I know it like the back of my hand so use me as your FAQ if you want to)
-making a very split-second timed decision at a certain point in the game
-going to a certain place after you finish the final dungeon and have free reign to do what you want to do

The sidequest I was talking about only happens if you have Suikoden I save data, but if you don't care, I could just post my mini-walkthrough for that where I completely fangirled over the entire scenario.

Be aware that the American version of the game is full of glitches. I keep getting the feeling that Konami's embarrassed to release the game on US PSN, but they didn't release it on JPSN at all.

Noi

JPSN at least got the Suiko I+II PSP game. We didn't get jack. :(

I don't think I could vote for much in that thread, but I could try! Metroid Prime 1, Bioshock 1 and 2... maybe Fallout 3/NV and Human Revolution if they're allowed.

I don't play many first person shooters. >_>

topFPS.png

Perfect selection of games.
Replace Goldeneye with Far Cry 2

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'd probably vote for Metroid Prime, myself. Like, what shooters are we talking about, here? FPS or TPS? Because I've played a few TPS games, but I don't have enough knowledge about the genre that I could probably come up with a nice vote for it.

Wow, those glitches are sure weirᵯḐᴼᴱᵣḄÛNp°¨
That was untranslated text. They just didn't show up as boxes, lol.

JPSN at least got the Suiko I+II PSP game. We didn't get jack. :(
That's true, but it didn't sell that well either:

I fixed the sales numbers, and hopefully we have a better list to work with. Let me know if I should add or correct something. I get the feeling that there will be an organizational error because I was doing three things at once while compiling this.

UODaE.png

**EU sales excluded
N/A: Not available; can't find them
N/L: Not localized
T.B: Konami the Best
K.B.S: Konami Best Selection

Complete Sales for games that have budget versions:
Genso Suikoden III: 637 260
Genso Suikoden Tierkreis: 217 301
Genso Suikoden I+II: 56 838
I did get sales #s for Suikoden I's Japanese release way later on, but I never added them to the chart and I completely forgot to bookmark the site where I found them so I don't remember what they were. I think they were in the hundred-thousands.

Genso Suikoden Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki's sales weren't that great in comparison to Tierkreis's sales, especially with all the cross-promoting they did with it for Frontier Gate, the Suikoden Encyclopedia that Akselziys has that I desperately want (waaaaaaahhhh), and all the voice actors they contracted for the game. It opened with 59,852, and its LTD sales are 82,435.

I'd probably vote for Metroid Prime, myself. Like, what shooters are we talking about, here? FPS or TPS? Because I've played a few TPS games, but I don't have enough knowledge about the genre that I could probably come up with a nice vote for it.

Well, the banner says First Person Shooters. :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh, d'oh. I was reading the post text and assumed both. Welp, can't participate in that thread. Most of the stuff I'd vote for would be the Prime games and maybe Quake/Doom or something.

The best part of Sonic and the Black Knight right here, just because the scene direction here is fit for all sorts of screencaps.

Hey i'm absolutely intrigued.

Perfect selection of games.
Replace Goldeneye with Far Cry 2

Why was Perfect Dark not in this spoiler tag?!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm so glad I have my avatar back so I can avoid the laughter or posters' confusion about it now. It feels normal.

I think qq simply really loves his new avatar. He'll be using it forever.

qq more

He Luvs his Luvdiscs

He might as well because no one else loves 'em.
Funny enough it's the Year of the Snake now:
Those born under the 1989 Year of Snake will be especially lucky in love.
I was born in 1989

this avatar is so appropriate now. Quick someone make a Snivy (since he's a snake... I think) version of it and it's perfect.

On a side note I hate luvdiscs

TheOGB

Banned
Boo this man

Boooooooooo

Voiced yoshi is the worst yoshi :(
Better than that nasty ass 16-bit fart noise

Somewhat related: I like the sounds from the Pokemon games more than them saying their own name
Well yeah, nothing can beat DLEDLEDLEDLEDLEWHOOOOOOOOOOP

Pikachu is the only exception to the rule, because of its mascot status it's almost like a separate character (i.e. there are Pikachus; then there is Pikachu, THE Pikachu)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
qq in love? How cute.

Funny enough it's the Year of the Snake now:
Wait, what's it say about the 1988 Year of the Dragon people?

THE EARTH DRAGON 1928 AND 1988

Earth Dragons make great managers because they are practical, levelheaded and demonstrate a knack for organizing. They still have the need to dictate and be admired, but they are affable, congenial and supportive. Compared to other Dragons, Earth Dragons are less likely to breathe fire at the least irritation. They will work diligently to complete their life goals. The Earth element adds a greater portion of self-control to the Dragon's personality and usually the Earth Dragon is deserving of the respect he or she desires. These Dragons take their life and romantic responsibilities quite seriously.
Yay?

Dragons Dislike: Taking orders, unnecessary bureaucracy, discounted ideas, people who don't give 100%
KuGsj.gif

New people you meet won't know about Rosa, Schala, but we'll know.

We'll know.
You'll forget it after a few months.

tiggerkiddo won't forget.

BlackJace

10 more days till this new fangled Playstation. Really interested to see if Sony has learned from their mistakes with the PS3. Also, I'm reeeally anxious to see if they copy MS with the anti-used game stiff :/

Wait, what's it say about the 1988 Year of the Dragon people?
Ooh, I want to see this, since I'm also 1988 peoples.

THE EARTH DRAGON 1928 AND 1988

Earth Dragons make great managers because they are practical, levelheaded and demonstrate a knack for organizing. They still have the need to dictate and be admired, but they are affable, congenial and supportive. Compared to other Dragons, Earth Dragons are less likely to breathe fire at the least irritation. They will work diligently to complete their life goals. The Earth element adds a greater portion of self-control to the Dragon's personality and usually the Earth Dragon is deserving of the respect he or she desires. These Dragons take their life and romantic responsibilities quite seriously.

Dragons Dislike: Taking orders, unnecessary bureaucracy, discounted ideas, people who don't give 100%
...that sounds nothing like me. :I

Come my fellow Horses! together we ride... I don't even like horses, I was always bitter at my bro for getting the Dragon.
But at least i'm apparently a Metal Horse.

10 more days till this new fangled Playstation. Really interested to see if Sony has learned from their mistakes with the PS3. Also, I'm reeeally anxious to see if they copy MS with the anti-used game stiff :/
I don't really see the used game thing happening, unless both them and Sony do it. And even then, that's only one more point that the current gen consoles + handhelds + Wii U will have over them.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ooh, I want to see this, since I'm also 1988 peoples.

...that sounds nothing like me. :I
It's weird because some of it does sound like me. I'm a Taurus too so I'm more apt to get irritated.

Wanna bet on it? >:D
Hell no. No more avatar bets for meeeeee.

I hope they don't. I like buying used PS3 games because they're less likely to get scratched. I'm just hoping that it's region-free and that Sony doesn't pull any funny business.

What about us born in the year of the Rattata?
Gonna assume you're born in 1984.

THE WOOD RAT 1924 AND 1984

Despite having a remarkable facade of self-confidence, deep down, Wood Rats are the least sure of themselves compared to other Rats. However, they wouldn't dream of showing this side of themselves to anyone. Only close companions of a Wood Rat would ever suspect that he or she had such self-doubt. In fact Wood Rats are often worried about downfall, despite their ability to find success. Well-liked, proficient, and good leaders at work, Wood Rats seem to function best when they are surrounded by family and friends. Cordial and delicate, they are usually well loved by family, friends and peers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom