• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I need a schala rating on this thread.

I can already tell it won't end well though. It only had the one link in the middle before the edit.
I can tell where OP edited in a few things to support his thesis but he didn't support his thesis in terms of specifics. Only used a generalization or didn't even bother to expand at all. D for doing some work.

Nocturnowl's post is an A. FreedomFighter's post is a B. Honestly, some of the junior members have been making some really good posts since December. Anyway, those two posts are more demonstrative of what OP's post should've been like.

Edit: I'm jus' kidding when I say this stuff, you know. Don't take me seriously. I just wish OPs would support their thread titles a little more.

7LsDQYW.gif
Ninja Theory, our action game gods
yCHUX6b.gif

(Man, now I just wanna play DMC3.)

It was worth sticking around for the blokes mocking Uguu.

So does it actually mean anything at all or am I just witnessing an "endearing" sound effect/character trait?
It's a character quirk that's supposed to make her seem adorable because she says it when she's scared or nervous or frustrated.

Oh yeah, she's 17.

qq more

dunno I'm keeping mines for a while, not like I actually lost (I would of have kept it either way to be honest)

as for Schala... uh tomorrow I think

Noi

*looks at the vid*
*reads post again*

You know... I'm not even surprised at this point. :|

To be fair, only a very, very small amount of people actually thought that was cute. Most people think it's bad.

...I unfortunately know someone IRL that is a sucker for anything and everything Key, THAT included.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So, uh, how long until your avatars go back to normal again
Sunday? Is it Sunday morning or Sunday evening?

I can't wait to set it back to what it was before. I like Suikoden more than FF and this avatar feels absolutely abnormal.

...I unfortunately know someone IRL that is a sucker for anything and everything Key, THAT included.
If I were cruel, I'd start posting pics of Key characters in this thread.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
since I'm a nice person I'll say Sunday...EVENING

MHMHMHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I loathe you.

Y'know, looking at some of the official art, Tir (dude in my regular avatar) can look feminine depending on who draws him. I can see why you guys thought he was female. Haha.

I don't know who any of you are anymore. :(
It'll be back to normal soon! Even I have trouble finding my posts.

OMG Aero

It's a character quirk that's supposed to make her seem adorable because she says it when she's scared or nervous or frustrated.

Oh yeah, she's 17.
Anime years are like dog years, they are wildly different from the actual age and you have to do some conversation to get the correct age.

I can tell where OP edited in a few things to support his thesis but he didn't support his thesis in terms of specifics. Only used a generalization or didn't even bother to expand at all. D for doing some work.

Nocturnowl's post is an A. FreedomFighter's post is a B. Honestly, some of the junior members have been making some really good posts since December. Anyway, those two posts are more demonstrative of what OP's post should've been like.
I think an A is a bit much but it's appreciated, unless we can rank up to SSS musical post quality in which case it makes more sense.

Oh yeah, she's 17.
I'd say i'm surprised but i'm really not.

Found four freebie Sonic Ep. 2 codes that I forgot to give out a few months ago. These may be used already, but I usually throw them away after I take a picture of them so I believe they are still valid.

These expire in a few days so please use them.

And the fourth code is E39F3E6EW6TP

I recently played the Sonic Generations 360 demo and I realized why I never jumped on the Sonic bandwagon despite growing up playing Sonic games

Sonic games are too fast for me. I'm sorry. It sounds silly, I know.

qq more

Found four freebie Sonic Ep. 2 codes that I forgot to give out a few months ago. These may be used already, but I usually throw them away after I take a picture of them so I believe they are still valid.

These expire in a few days so please use them.

And the fourth code is E39F3E6EW6TP

I recently played the Sonic Generations 360 demo and I realized why I never jumped on the Sonic bandwagon despite growing up playing Sonic games

In all fairness... the spindash for Classic Sonic is over powered. We can agree to that.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't know if I like this. I don't think I really do. It's just like Mario Advance/ALttP Advance, where the voice addition is simply jarring. But that might be because of the mixing.

Whenever I listen to Sonic utter stuff in the middle of the levels now, I don't really notice it or pay attention to it, because the mixing's done so I don't really pay attention to it much. Here, the mixing's done so that I pay more attention to the voice rather than balancing it out with the music.

Found four freebie Sonic Ep. 2 codes that I forgot to give out a few months ago.

It isn't silly. Sonic games actually used to make me nauseous, but that was before I'd gotten prescription glasses. I know that Sonic games can sometimes be too fast for people to keep up with, and that's fine. It's just like how I can't play most racing or FPS games, for example.

And thanks for posting the codes for the past few months. I'm sure a lot of people really appreciate it (I don't have an iDevice. :x).

In all fairness... the spindash for Classic Sonic is over powered. We can agree to that.
True, but the classic levels are still built around that overpowered spindash (this is probably more obvious in some levels like GHZ and CC which have obvious shortcuts involving a fully powered spindash).

By contrast I remember DIMPS bringing that half-pipe puzzle from Spring Yard zone into Sonic 4 and it like... Just doesn't work. At all. You just awkwardly moonwalk up if you keep holding right on the joystick.

I also feel that a higher framerate helps a lot with being able to keep up with faster games in general, not just Sonic. I thought Generations was pretty enough with the 360 demo, but still felt it controlled fairly poorly and felt sluggish. When I got the PC version a month later it was a complete night and day scenario; physics be damned I thought Generations was beautiful to play on my PC, and I don't consider my rig top of the line (at least, not by 2013 standards anyway).

Also late to the party but that Rayman Legends fiasco is total bullshit, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut... It gives me another excuse to hold off on getting a Wii U. Thing seriously only has two or three games for the first year of its life I care about getting, and only one of those games I'm actually excited by (Pikmin 3).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom