• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wood Rat has a pretty scathing statement compared to the rest, damn.
Meanwhile i'll never hold down a relationship because I crave FREEDOM and have untamed spirit or something.

This is mine, seeing as I slipped in right before Feb 6, 1989:
THE WOOD DRAGON 1904 AND 1964

Wood has a modifying influence and brings creativity to this sign. Questioning and liberal, Wood Dragons enjoy talking about original ideas and are open to other points of view. They are innovative, imaginative practical and appreciate art in each of its forms. Generally less pretentious than other Dragons, Wood Dragons have an ability to get along with other people. They have the essentials to build a prosperous and happy life for themselves. Still, Wood Dragons are outspoken and at times a bit pushy to quell everyone, even in the most friendly quarrel.
Not that I put much into horoscopes *_*

BlackJace

I don't really see the used game thing happening, unless both them and Sony do it. And even then, that's only one more point that the current gen consoles + handhelds + Wii U will have over them.

Dark Schala said:
I hope they don't. I like buying used PS3 games because they're less likely to get scratched. I'm just hoping that it's region-free and that Sony doesn't pull any funny business.

I think the big publishers might have convinced at least one of them that doing this would make them likely to develop whatver they wanted on the system.

Gonna assume you're born in 1984.

Facade of self-confidence?

Damn right. deep down, I actually have some issues with my self-confidence, but I try and get past it by being myself and putting on a smile :p

qq more

THE EARTH SNAKE 1929 AND 1989

Earth Snakes are the most relaxed of the breeds. They lead calm lives and offer a down-to-earth appeal to any conversation or outing. This may make them seem more friendly, as you may not feel the need to wonder what he’s got up his sleeve. They may also shun the need to lash out or take risks, but it isn’t from paranoia. They figure their good sense and work ethic will pay off and bring them much fortune and material satisfaction.
"Earth Snakes are the most relaxed of the breeds."
Me... most relaxed? Hahahaha!

"They lead calm lives "
I guess that's true? I don't know, nothing exciting happens much. So yeah, clam life.

"offer a down-to-earth appeal to any conversation or outing."
Not sure what this exactly means, does anyone know?

"This may make them seem more friendly, as you may not feel the need to wonder what he’s got up his sleeve."
Actually I'm really damn friendly when I'm on good terms with people :V

"They may also shun the need to lash out or take risks, but it isn’t from paranoia."
dunnnoooo, I am sort of paranoid sometimes.

"They figure their good sense and work ethic will pay off and bring them much fortune and material satisfaction."

Sounds like me I think.

Seems kind of mixed overall with leaning on false.

The Wood Rat has a pretty scathing statement compared to the rest, damn.
Meanwhile i'll never hold down a relationship because I crave FREEDOM and have untamed spirit or something.
That's because you're an owl, and owls fly together!
Or maybe I'm thinking of another movie.
Facade of self-confidence?

Damn right. deep down, I actually have some issues with my self-confidence, but I try and get past it by being myself and putting on a smile :p
Yeah but we also work well together and we make good leaders. Clearly, this shows that I was the best fit for King of Sonic Community after all!

Ok, then lets see *born in 1992*...

THE WATER MONKEY 1932 AND 1992

Water gives this Monkey sensitivity. He is easily hurt by the words or actions of others. For protection, these Monkeys usually wear a game face, preferring not to share their emotions or feelings with others. If they play their cards right and pay attention they can be quite successful. However, if they become distracted, these Monkeys can become consumed with gossip or meddlesome activities.

Yep, that kinda sounds like me...

MARRIAGE

Monkeys are intense, sensual lovers. They can tease or charm anyone in a matter of seconds. They enjoy entertaining their lovers with their senses of humor and their ability to captivate a crowd. When the Monkey decides on a mate, it is likely to be forever.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.gif

That's because you're an owl, and owls fly together!
Or maybe I'm thinking of another movie.
An Owl Horse? how preposterous!
Apparently Owl Bears are indeed a thing in fantasy though.

Yeah but we also work well together and we make good leaders. Clearly, this shows that I was the best fit for King of Sonic Community after all!
I see through your façade dear old Rat boy.

Almost everything i've read about these horses is nothing like me at all and at times contradictory with itself, the only thing they nailed is my preference for Orange.
Oh boy, this lovers section of the info is just flat out mad, "SEXUALLY CHARGED!" is quite the description for one of them.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I see through your façade dear old Rat boy.
PLGEMVH.png

Clicking on this page without any context sure is... interesting, to say the least, heh.
Sounds like a normal day in SonicGAF.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.gif
Everything in the Marriage section is completely bonkers.

TheOGB

Banned
THE WATER ROOSTER 1933 AND 1993

This Rooster is a bit more docile than the other Roosters. He is quieter, more tranquil, not as vocal or as spotlight hungry as other Roosters.
Okay

These Roosters are great communicators probably because they do possess the ability to tone things down a bit.
Pfffffffffffffffffffffft

They have boundless energy that sometimes gets caught up in detail which causes a lapse in concentration. They have to learn to appreciate detail but not to harp on it, otherwise they may miss the final destination.
Um, yes?

I turn 80 this year

qq more

Let's read further in our horoscopes. I'll just pick notable ones and ones that fits me.

HEALTH

Snakes become easily stressed and have to avoid hectic schedules or noisy atmospheres. They do not get a rush from adrenaline, instead, a headache. They need calm and quiet to thrive and succeed. A Snake must have sleep and relaxation to live a long, healthy life.
Wow, that is EXACTLY me.

Color Preference: Red

Snakes Dislike: Being interrupted, being mislead personally or professionally, failure
But my favorite color is Blue and Green! Red is a really nice color though. And the dislikes definitely suits me... but then again that's kind of a common thing, isn't it?

FRIENDS AND ENEMIES

Snakes have very few friends because thy are not outwardly emotional or open creatures. The friends they do make generally last a lifetime, even though peers may find it hard to relate to the Snake because he is withdrawn and secretive. Still, Snakes like social functions, in moderation, where they can gossip about the latest scandal or the newest news. If you stab a Snake in the back it is likely you will never be forgiven. In addition, you should prepare yourself for retaliation for the Snake always gets the last word.

Compatible Friends

Best Friends: Oxen and Roosters

Mortal Enemy: Pigs
"very few friends"
LIES

" If you stab a Snake in the back it is likely you will never be forgiven. In addition, you should prepare yourself for retaliation for the Snake always gets the last word."
That sounds unsettling... :lol

CANCERIAN SNAKE

These Snake love to be recognized for their efforts. For them, working hard to provide for their family is first priority.
Okay, that is definitely me.

qq more

Excuse the double post but I seriously feel that I owe Dimps an apology big time.

EDIT: I'M REALLY ACTUALLY SORRY DIMPS. YOU AREN'T REALLY THAT BAD ANYMORE.

EDIT2: I have to start over this extremely long level after game overing at the final boss. This game is cruel. CRUEL.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Some of the stuff in the horoscopes is bonkers. Just take it with a grain of salt.

I watched that "I'm a gamer" video and I don't even know what to say.

Excuse the double post but I seriously feel that I owe Dimps an apology big time.

EDIT: I'M REALLY ACTUALLY SORRY DIMPS. YOU AREN'T REALLY THAT BAD ANYMORE.

EDIT2: I have to start over this extremely long level after game overing at the final boss. This game is cruel. CRUEL.
SO HOW'S DIMPS TREATING YOU NOW?!

When I'm IN-GAME there are always blue skies and nobody blinks an eyelid when I hurl myself at obese old men in mechanical mobility vehicles.

qq more

Some of the stuff in the horoscopes is bonkers. Just take it with a grain of salt.
Of course, I'm just reading it for fun!

I wish it was more accurate though.

SO HOW'S DIMPS TREATING YOU NOW?!

It's not Dimps that is torturing me right now. It's whoever made the first Gameboy Mega Man game. I think I'd rather play Advance 2 now...

EDIT: It's Minakuchi Engineering who developed this game. Looks like they no longer exist though. I was gonna say good riddance but then I've just learned that they made the fantastic later entries of the Gameboy Mega Man games. (They didn't work on 2 though, lol)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
When I'm IN-GAME there are always blue skies and nobody blinks an eyelid when I hurl myself at obese old men in mechanical mobility vehicles.
Embarrassing. Good lord, the second-hand embarrassment I feel is ridiculous.

"Why do I need to go outside when I can experience Skyrim inside?!"

It's not Dimps that is torturing me. It's whoever made the first Gameboy Mega Man game. I think I'd rather play Advance 2 now..
I thought you'd resigned to putting that game down and playing something that you'd actually enjoy.

qq more

Embarrassing. Good lord, the second-hand embarrassment I feel is ridiculous.

I thought you'd resigned to putting that game down and playing something that you'd actually enjoy.

When did I say that? I must of have forgotten

I'm still going to beat this game though! ...Should I get it on the 3DS VC (I only own it via Gameboy cartridge) and abuse save states to get it over with? I hate abusing save states but I seriously might make an exception here.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I couldn't make it past 10 seconds.
I think it's disappointing that he used cubicle/desk jobs and the average "American Dream" as an example when financial success isn't necessarily defined by such things anymore. His idealistic views on various aspects of life are rather naive (especially as someone who's more than likely older than I am, but I get the feeling that he's incredibly jaded based on some of his experiences (or lack thereof?)).

And really, playing video games isn't something that defines me. It's just a hobby that I use to relax on the weekends or something. With that said, I really do wish some people would stop treating people who do play games as a habitual hobby as people who aren't outgoing or who need to grow up because that isn't necessarily true or representative of the group at large. To that end, he did have a point, but he went about his thesis and explanation completely wrong and it ended up making his overall message exceedingly idealistic, childish, and negative in tone.

...qq...

must've; must have

I'm still going to beat this game though! ...Should I get it on the 3DS VC (I only own it via Gameboy cartridge) and abuse save states to get it over with? I hate abusing save states but I seriously might make an exception here.
How much is it on 3DS VC and how far are you in now? Those would be the factors I'd take into consideration prior to purchase.

It really doesn't seem like you like it, so I have to wonder why you're spending time on this rather than beating games that you seemed to like but just didn't beat because reasons (and you know which one I'm referring to).

qq more

...qq...

must've; must have
me no gud english!!!

How much is it on 3DS VC and how far are you in now? Those would be the factors I'd take into consideration prior to purchase.
I'm at the final boss but every time I get a game over I have to completely redo the last level which takes me a long time to get through. Such a cruel game :(

Also I think the VC version is about... 3 dollars?

It really doesn't seem like you like it, so I have to wonder why you're spending time on this rather than beating games that you seemed to like but just didn't beat because reasons (and you know which one I'm referring to).
I just want to finally beat that cursed game! I don't wanna give up!

Noi

Go ahead. No one will judge you for using save states, really.

Except me. I will judge you.

ShadiWulf

It looks more like a chao then a slime IMO

but it could literally be any Japanese game, they have tons of characters that look like that, but then you have to remember it's EDGE. As a friend of mine pointed out to me, they wouldn't be teasing a niche Japanese game. So it has to be something popular, so it's possible it could be chao. I think chao is more likely then slime, i mean it's not 100% chao to me, but it looks much closer to chao then slime IMO.

It's possible they have redesigned the chao, but who knows XD we will find out eventually. Can't help but be a little hyped.

That Edge image doesn't look like a chao. Chao don't have Pac-Man eyes, and their eyes are typically much more vertically oval than that.

For reference:

islONdhC6pEZ0.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom