• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, I can't wait.
KuGsj.gif

He's so mad.

Ohhhhh, that guy! I'm excited now.

TheOGB

Banned
I look forward to an hour of rage.

Well, looks like I'll be joining the dark side soon

Dydhb.png
I'm actually going to be taking the plunge into both 06 and Unleashed myself one of these days. All the way through 06 before I even open Unleashed.

No friends.

No alcohol.

Nothing but pure horror.

Only thing is, this kind of playthrough might require an audience just so I don't kill myself, so that might have to wait until the summer so I can get a capture device.

Rikkun

Double post, I know, but you could not imagine the smile on my face when I saw the first post of the "bad midi tracks" thread. :lol

I did it for you, my dear Professor.

Only for you, forever.

PS: The other day I played another little of Sonic 06, I'm at 45% of Sonic Story. 0 for Shadow & Silver.

HOW LONG IS THIS FUCKING GAME.

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
I look forward to an hour of rage.

I'm actually going to be taking the plunge into both 06 and Unleashed myself one of these days. All the way through 06 before I even open Unleashed.

No friends.

No alcohol.

Nothing but pure horror.

Only thing is, this kind of playthrough might require an audience just so I don't kill myself, so that might have to wait until the summer so I can get a capture device.
I personally think I'll take alcohol while playing this shitfest. Otherwise I might ragequit way too soon...

PS: The other day I played another little of Sonic 06, I'm at 45% of Sonic Story. 0 for Shadow & Silver.

HOW LONG IS THIS FUCKING GAME.

Pokecapn's LP is around 22 hours long, I believe? When ShockingAlberto and I did our charity race, we finished just under 17 hours.

Good read. This made me want to get back into it. Only question is where? I can't really remember where I stopped. Any good place to jump back in to the more recent ones?

Dug up from around 20 pages ago:

I haven't read any of the graphic novel stuff but they recently had an arc designed to be an easy jumping-off point for new readers. Keep in mind that the "legacy" graphic novels also probably cover a lot of the crap, too. If you want to read current issues, there seems to be a few good places to start, depending on how much you feel like reading:

Issue #200 is where many of the overarching themes of the last 30 issues begin. A good place to start if you want to know "everything".

Issue #219 is probably a better starting point than #200, because it sums up a few boring (but vaguely important) story arcs and sets up motivations that are still in play in current issues.

If you've ever seen the Saturday morning cartoon series and have played the games, #224 or #225 is probably the officially-sanctioned "jumping off point". You don't quite get the run-up to explain why some of the events in these two issues are important, but you won't be terribly lost as to what's going on.

If you don't want to deal with finding places to buy back-issues, what I did to catch up was read the ArchieSonic Wiki. Some of the text is a little too verbose and doesn't have the best grammar, but there's detailed synopsiseses of all the issues I just described.

http://archiesonic.wikia.com/wiki/Archie_Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Issue_200
http://archiesonic.wikia.com/wiki/Archie_Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Issue_219
http://archiesonic.wikia.com/wiki/Archie_Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Issue_224

Pietepiet

I need to continue reading the comic. I was up to #180 or so before I stopped.

Sonic Universe is really fun, too. I read those whenever the collected volumes come out.

Catching up myself, it looks like they are also billing 236 as a great "jumping on point".

It makes sense. Given the nature of the larger Sonic franchise, you wanna make the comic accessible to people just coming in from the games or whatever, and having a jumping on point every year or so makes that easier for people.

Rlan

I'm a bit grumpy at the moment with Archie because of the upcoming cover of #239:

1205316_ful.jpg

Which is just:

422px-SG_modern.png

+

364px-Sonic_heroes_32.png

Even trying to drum it up as "Featuring a brand new painted cover by Greg Horn!" It's just an ugly and dull cover. I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever is inside, but don't patronize a group of people who have had to deal with "Many Hands" before.

I actually like the Power Girl piece at that link. Her expression is great and the dudes in the back are goofy.

That Sonic cover is just amazingly lazy, though. It really is just the two promo renders put together.

If I was to pay someone to draw a cover art and it was just two stock renders mashed together i'd be rather angry as a manager, really lame cover.

J@hranimo

Banned
http://nightmaremode.net/2012/04/ar...nic-characters-that-rule-in-the-comics-18138/

For those who might be interested in getting into the comics. Here's some example of why under the right writer, Sonic's "Shitty friends" don't have to be shitty at all.

This is interesting. Ever since this community thread I've been wanting to get into the Archie comics but never knew where to start. Should I start at the very beginning or at a certain arc? I'm sure either way it'll be a lot of reading to get caught up to now lol.

I always loathed that Heroes render. It has to be the ugliest render of Sonic this side of Flickies' Island (which is still the worst), hands-down. The constipated pose, the hideous smile, the creepy stare... awful.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Good God, what the heck were they thinking with cover? It's unimaginative and the Heroes render just sucks.

Doesn't someone have their avatar with Sonic's creepy face from a panel in one of the comics? It reminds me of that.

I got 235 but I haven't had a chance to read it yet due to studying. I'm expecting good stuff after last issue.

Schala proved that it doesn't make the game any more tolerable.
Hilariously, my satisfactory experience while tipsy ended with the Silver fight. It wasn't any use!

OH. No, that thing looks hideous. Why does his mouth look like the Nike logo?

Where do you think Sega keeps getting the money to fund all these Sonic games? product placement is smart business.

Better the Nike logo for his mouth compared to that weird wobbly mouth thing he has going on Sonic 4 episode 2, I curse the people here for bringing that to my attention!

Where do you think Sega keeps getting the money to fund all these Sonic games? product placement is smart business.

Better the Nike logo for his mouth compared to that weird wobbly mouth thing he has going on Sonic 4 episode 2, I curse the people here for bringing that to my attention!

I know not this mouth-thing you speak of, but I have a feeling it's best if my inquiry ends here.

TheOGB

Banned
I didn't know who Greg Horn even was, but googling the name reveals this ComicsAlliance article that really makes me wonder why, exactly, anyone at Archie thought this guy would be a good fit for drawing the cover to Sonic the Hedgehog given he seems to specialize in cheesecake.
The sonic cover and everything at that link offends me. Greg Horn is now on my shit list.

And hey now, Heroes' soundtrack wasn't all bad. We got Mystic Mansion and Lost Jungle out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom