• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

just some old fan game project me and my friends have been working on as of late

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png

glider.png

water.png

cue drowning music

TheOGB

Banned
Yeah, using Wisps on these bosses is almost cheating. They do, like, twice as much damage as normally hitting them.

That and they don't take many hits to begin with.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Billiechu, how are you liking Colours so far into this playthrough? Better or worse?

TheOGB said:
All of it.

Especially End of The World
End of the World was the best part, though! :O

Wasn't Silver's part just awwwwwesome?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
i need a more violent gif than my jaw falling off to show how much i just loved that part

Way better. I don't know why I hated it. I feel like an idiot ._.
Nah, I've played games that aren't to my liking on the first go either. I can't remember if you said so, but did you play it with the Wiimote before? The GCN controller makes the experience a lot better. But ah, yeah, Asteroid Coaster made me a little mad too at some parts, lol.

But then I remember that it isn't as bad HD Eggmanland.

Better use of physics than Half Life 2, that's for sure.
I... I felt like I had to read through that thread again and then quote this:

You know, if you think this game is bad, you should quit gaming forever. The game is not hard at all. I have a friend who can barely play any game that's over MMO pacing, and he had no problems beating the first level with Sonic.

If you can't play this game you are a total newb. Become an hero.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm using a PS3 controller :p
It... it could be similar! Kind of.

...I forgot that you mentioned it on the last page. :p

I feel like I'm the only person to play Colors and Unleashed Wii with a Classic Controller. >_> (Granted it was a CCPro...)
I think I had an OG CC at the time, but I really disliked the controller so I didn't use it. I guess the CCPro might be better. I got used to it with Xenoblade, but I only used it then because I couldn't use a GCN controller.

It's like how I played Arc Rise Fantasia with the GameCube controller because I was so stubborn about not using the CC.

That part actually wasn't too bad--seriously. Took less than 5 tries.
Which things took you more than 5 tries?

TheOGB

Banned
Schala please, just... stop making me remember. It's too soon. ._.

...Well, time to start Unleashed!
It will break me immediately

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
...Well, time to start Unleashed!
It will break me immediately
Unleashed isn't as bad, though! You have that to look forward to.

Time to watch Billiechu go fast through one of the best stages in Colours~

Edit: Why you gotta mess up Robotnik's plans? He works hard on them! D:

Levyne

Banned
Am I the only one left who hasn't gone through Sonic 06? I mean, I've played it but I've never beaten it.

I'm in the same boat. It's pretty much the only modern Sonic game I skipped and I really don't have any desire to play it.

I guess I haven't played the Knight one, but not sure I want to touch that either.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ehhh? I didn't know if you got a game over in Act 2, it'd boot you back to the boss. That's awful.

And I dunno about you guys, but I like Reach for the Stars. It's catchy and I like to sing along to it. >.>

Yay, I beat Sonic Colors! It's really, really good!
You've finally seen the light. :lol

I think it's partially because you were streaming it for a bunch of goofs like us.

I have done nothing wrong to deserve such punishment!
You could play it during the bits where the Star Wars theme and MM2's Flash Man theme play.

Just have 4 missions left on Generations 3DS. That'll be two days' worth of streetpass coins.

They really should have made each mission like 2 coins or something.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Could be worse. You could be playing it to the finest "music" from the fifth QUEST of KINGS!
That doesn't seem as Hoshi wo Miru Hito's music. Sounds like an okay composition. Hoshi wo Miru Hito's music has very little coherent flow.

Seven Force said:
Playing '06 with Nocturne looping in the background actually sounds mildly hilarious.

...Not that I'd want to try, though!
While drunk.

I'd consider doing something like that if I lost a very poorly-placed bet.

Kokonoe

Banned
I remember how excited I was for Sonic Colors, only to return it three days later. Just didn't give off that "Sonic" vibe in the gameplay. Water area is where I stopped.

Sonic Colors DS is good, though.

I still don't like Colors. It just strays way too far from Sonic gameplay for my taste. There are things I like about it, but the negatives far outweigh the good.

One thing that really annoys me is the fact that he has a double jump. There just isn't any reason. It just makes platforming clunky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom