• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malajax

Watching through the 20 yrs of Sonic lp. Pretty annoying sometimes. Why is it that most people doing these types of lps are terrible at the games and make no effort to learn it other than say "Urgh this sucks"?

Sonic and the Secret Rings is a good example. The worst thing SEGA did was lock away better controls until much later. In a quick look style playthrough you'd never know that though and instead it's just "This game sucks".

Not saying SatSR is amazing, but I hate how they write off the game barely playing through it.

qq more

Watching through the 20 yrs of Sonic lp. Pretty annoying sometimes. Why is it that most people doing these types of lps are terrible at the games and make no effort to learn it other than say "Urgh this sucks"?

Sonic and the Secret Rings is a good example. The worst thing SEGA did was lock away better controls until much later. In a quick look style playthrough you'd never know that though and instead it's just "This game sucks".

Not saying SatSR is amazing, but I hate how they write off the game barely playing through it.

To be fair, even with the fixed controls, the game is pretty boring. Forced missions are no fun. :(

Yeah, they did that with a lot of the Game Gear games, too. Not to say that any of Sonic's Game Gear outings are as good as the Genesis stuff, but the only games they seemed willing to "give a chance" were mainline games. Everything else was "We're only playing this because we have to, so we're just going to put a minimum amount of effort in to it and move on."

But maybe you can't blame them. They vowed to play through 35+ Sonic games.

Lijik

I am so fucking bored of watching Kyle and Keith playing Unleashed, I hope to god they're moving on.

Me too
the only thing i can think of thatd be entertaining is their reaction to the final QTE, but other than that the Unleashed episodes are turning into too much of a podcast.
I mean I really like their conversational nature, but in that last episode I pretty much just changed tabs and left it on like a bombcast episode and didnt feel like I missed anything.

OMG Aero

I am so fucking bored of watching Kyle and Keith playing Unleashed, I hope to god they're moving on.
Well they are basically at the end now anyway so I hope they just finish it. Kyle said before that he would do medal grinding off cam so the only thing left to do is Adabat's day, night and boss stages and then we are at the last level.
I really want to see their reaction to Eggmanland.

After this the LP is pretty much going to be a breeze anyway so they need one final trial to cap off the bad part.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's community! No one knows we exist!
It should've had a link to it in the Gaming forum, but I guess that wouldn't look nice. :(

Yeah. I think that if they try to beat it or get everything finished, we'll be here forever and we'll watch them die often. Maybe a lot for Eggmanland.

But I have to admit that I like Kyle's tone colour a lot. It's very pleasant to listen to.

Kyle said before that he would do medal grinding off cam so the only thing left to do is Adabat's day, night and boss stages and then we are at the last level.
Oh, that's not too bad, then.

Does Ruby even know that this thread exists?
KuGsj.gif

I am 50% certain that Ruby made a post in this thread. Only one though. I could easily be confusing it with another, recent Sonic thread.

Well they are basically at the end now anyway so I hope they just finish it. Kyle said before that he would do medal grinding off cam so the only thing left to do is Adabat's day, night and boss stages and then we are at the last level.
I really want to see their reaction to Eggmanland.

After this the LP is pretty much going to be a breeze anyway so they need one final trial to cap off the bad part.

Agreed, he needs to grind off-cam something serious, and just get it over and done with. It's the night stages that are the bother- they're so fucking boring to watch.

Yeah. I think that if they try to beat it or get everything finished, we'll be here forever and we'll watch them die often. Maybe a lot for Eggmanland.

But I have to admit that I like Kyle's tone colour a lot. It's very pleasant to listen to.

Yeah, it's still a decent listen but I'm often not prepared to listen to it as a podcast, I'm expecting to watch, well, an LP. I guess it's cool to have on whilst I'm playing Xenoblade.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, it's still a decent listen but I'm often not prepared to listen to it as a podcast, I'm expecting to watch, well, an LP. I guess it's cool to have on whilst I'm playing Xenoblade.
It's more that I like that particular timbre, and they're easy and interesting to listen to since the deep male voice overall is interesting as a result of the way the sound is produced.

But you're right--I definitely listen to some of these while I grind in an RPG or something, as opposed to watching them (like, I watch them for the first time, but then I listen to them if I feel like picking one out to listen to). So, I hope they move onto Colours soon or something so that it doesn't feel like they're doing the same stuff a lot.

It's like... the night stages take so long and watching them just reminds me of how they took so long for me to finish them when I played through Unleashed. But at the same time, because the Night stages are so long, I wonder how they'll react to Eggmanland's length.

Billiechu said:
D:

Never!
Nah. My post count in the Graces f thread is likely more than this thread.

I love this video so much.

Lijik

but it's going to look really strange to people who don't immediately get the reference.

I dont really see this as a problem?
I wear my De Blob shirt because it looks cool and I like the game, Im not wearing it so strangers come up to me and go "Ah ha! De Blob!". Most people dont even know what it is.

Celcius

°Temp. member
^^Who's that in your avatar?

I've been enjoying Sonic 4 and I'm thinking about picking up Sonic CD. How does it compare in terms of difficulty, length, and fun to the genesis games?

I dont really see this as a problem?
I wear my De Blob shirt because it looks cool and I like the game, Im not wearing it so strangers come up to me and go "Ah ha! De Blob!". Most people dont even know what it is.

Yeah, but there's a difference between "don't know what that is" and "what looks like a miscolored Tweety Bird (to the average person) sad and strapped down." It's a great idea though.

Kokonoe

Banned
^^Who's that in your avatar?

I've been enjoying Sonic 4 and I'm thinking about picking up Sonic CD. How does it compare in terms of difficulty, length, and fun to the genesis games?

I say it has the least length, but it's worth a playthrough. It's not like Sonic 3 and Knuckles, it's more like a Sonic 1 sequel in terms of style and gameplay.

So I decided, on a whim, to obtain Sonic Generations' soundtrack, and promptly did so. However, actually having the artists attributed to the appropriate tracks kind of surprised me. Richard Jacques did most of the boss themes (including Time Eater's)? Ha, I'd never have guessed. (Specifically, he did Seaside Hill Act 1, the Sonic 3D-themed "Challenge - Mission 5", Silver's Rival battle, the second half of Perfect Chaos's fight, the Egg Dragoon fight, Time Eater's theme, Biolizard's fight, and a few of the cutscene tunes - generally the ones where Time Eater pops in and his tune plays a few measures.)

I friggin' loved his work on Sonic 3D Blast Saturn (and Sonic R, provided you either turn off or can stomach the cheesy lyrics), so... yeah. Don't remember his work on Black Knight quite as well, but then the only tune I do remember from that game is the one that came from some PS1/Saturn helicopter shooting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom