• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

Quiet, you. :p

Are you getting one anymore, or not really?

am i buying a vita? of fuckin' course! even if it's just for a few niche jrpgs that come out, i have to buy one. i'm just trying to figure out if i can wait until october 30th for the white vita. :/ it's already getting hard. hopefully they announce that the white vita will be coming out standalone before the ac bundle...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Interested in how Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed will work and look on all of its announced platforms.

am i buying a vita? of fuckin' course! even if it's just for a few niche jrpgs that come out, i have to buy one. i'm just trying to figure out if i can wait until october 30th for the white vita. :/ it's already getting hard. hopefully they announce that the white vita will be coming out standalone before the ac bundle...
I want Ys Celceta and ToIR. I think it's a little too bad that most of the stuff I want is stuff I'd have to import, but at least I can import them. *shakes fist at 3DS region-lock*

You should wait until October 30th. Other games that come out earlier aren't going to grow legs and run away. :p

Billiechu said:
I don't want to confuse Dark Schala
Actually, the American way of spelling "color" is more accurate when considering etymology. It comes from Latin's color, colores. The "-our" ending just comes from a Middle English/Old French ending for stuff denoting quality.

Sooo, when I took Latin in university, I constantly made the mistake of adding the 'u' in there during my Intro classes until my former prof just started marking it as a barbarism after giving me so many attempts (he's from Florida, so he thought the inclusion of U was weird). lol.

Kokonoe

Banned
I'll be getting Racing on all platforms except PS3. I'll mostly play off 3DS(Until I get a Vita) and PC.

Well..that is if I'm still going to get a Wii U. Which is very likely that I won't now.

Tales of Innocence R is pretty much the only Vita game I'd want to play, so I'm going to wait until more software that I'm interested in gets announced before I get one.

I want Ys Celceta and ToIR. I think it's a little too bad that most of the stuff I want is stuff I'd have to import, but at least I can import them. *shakes fist at 3DS region-lock*

Isn't ToIR available on PSN? I'd imagine buying a digital copy would be a bit easier than importing a physical copy.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I was expecting a bagged milk joke somewhere. :O

Kokonoe said:
I'll be getting Racing on all platforms except PS3. I'll mostly play off 3DS(Until I get a Vita) and PC.

Well..that is if I'm still going to get a Wii U. Which is very likely that I won't now.
I think if they have cross-platform play or whatever it is for the PS3/Vita versions, I might pick up both. But at this point, I think I'm just going to get one version (either PS3, Vita, or 3DS).

Seven Force said:
Tales of Innocence R is pretty much the only Vita game I'd want to play, so I'm going to wait until more software that I'm interested in gets announced before I get one.

Isn't ToIR available on PSN? I'd imagine buying a digital copy would be a bit easier than importing a physical copy.
I... I want the box... >.>

Needs more Segata.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The one time I went to Canada, our hosts gave us a jar of moose meat as a parting gift.

Customs confiscated it.
Canadian customs can be super-harsh about that stuff. Did you declare everything you were bringing back to the States and stuff? Might've been unsure of whether or not the meat was good.

NOW I KNOW WHY SHE'S SO POLITE

Canadians are so nice~
I can be mean if I wanted to be. :O

There can be some mean Canadians out there. >.>

Sciz

Canadian customs can be super-harsh about that stuff. Did you declare everything you were bringing back to the States and stuff? Might've been unsure of whether or not the meat was good.
It was back in 2005 or so when there was a ban on importing and exporting beef due to a mad cow scare or some such. Understandable, but disappointing. Sort of.

Watching this hot off the heels of catching up with Ubisoft's conference

gaming is dead
I will admit, I'm very tempted to put money into games for older consoles right now. I'm not seeing much on the horizon that jumps out as "must own day one". I was hoping Nintendo would deliver that, but at best I got a lot of "well, this'd be nice to have later down the road".

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
psh yeah right

you'd feel too bad ;p
Nuh-uh.

...Yuh-huh. :(

Schala is mean for telling me how good Suikoden II is
But I told you about Genso Suikoden III, which is more accessible than GS2. I think. I can't help it. I love Suikoden II so much and I wish everyone could play it. I'm sorry.

It was back in 2005 or so when there was a ban on importing and exporting beef due to a mad cow scare or some such. Understandable, but disappointing. Sort of.
Oh, I remember that. The US closed its border to Canadian beef and everything, and it took months to reopen it. And they had to cull cattle exposed to the disease. It was a huge deal.

gaming is dead
It's not dead, it's just...

...creatively bankrupt.

I play old games a lot, so I don't feel bad about this. Just think of this as being an opportunity to catch up on your backlogs!

gaming is dead

dbvVC.png

I don't know what you're talking about

TheOGB

Banned
dbvVC.png

I don't know what you're talking about
OH YOU GOTTA BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!

I won't lie, I am more than okay with him being the announcer (dunno if he actually is), but is he really getting a goddamn stage?!
A stage that I'll probably always fight on?!
What?!? This shit is ridiculous!

AHHHHHH I JUST RAGE QUIT THE INTERNET

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I just woke up from a bad dream (literally and figuratively, but the figurative dream is still going on). Uuuugh. Today was just weird in general.

When's Sega's presentation, again? That Danica thing is underwhelming and not appealing to me in the slightest.

This just makes me want a new Skies of Arcadia.

The US closed the Canadian border so I couldn't get to Canada, eh?
You're good beef, though. They just didn't like bad beef.

It's not stalking! We're friends!
And we're PSN buddies now. :D

(But asking permission instead of sneaking might be better. :p)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
MS didn't even deliver on the gif front outside of Usher. I was disappointed.

Can I have your permission to break into your house and play Playstation?
Why would you want permission to break into my house? D: It sounds violent.

...Besides... my English copy of Suikoden II is buried in a cupboard with the Suikogaiden games and some PS1 FF games. The Japanese PSP version is the most accessible since it's lying in plain sight with the PSP Suikoden game, lol.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'll play that. Translate for me, dear.
Then I'd have to teach you some kana so you can input the name of your protagonist, your castle, and your codename for a mission. :p

Stuff like リオウ, ティル (for your mission because I said so), ヅナヌ, etc.

Or maybe I should let you play the English version for the localization since it has untranslated stuff, and some... "neat" issues with regards to syntax and grammar in general.

We should be talking about ソニック・ザ・ヘッジホッグ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom