• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Microsoft conference since 2008. And even then, I think I enjoyed the backlash that came from that conference more than the conference itself.
I just want them to give me a reason to purchase it now. I was going to buy one a few years ago, then I watched their press conference and they unveiled the slim model. So now I'm waiting for that to get either a price drop, a good bundle, or a good sale.

Like, I have games for it (ex: Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, the US version of Red Seeds Profile, etc), but I can't see myself plunking the cash down for it yet. The stuff they show during conferences don't usually appeal to me very much. And I don't care much for services that generally seem to take their time getting to Canada (even though I think some of the TV stuff they have is cool, we likely won't get it or won't get it as quickly as the US does).

I just want them to give me a reason to purchase it now. I was going to buy one a few years ago, then I watched their press conference and they unveiled the slim model. So now I'm waiting for that to get either a price drop, a good bundle, or a good sale.

Like, I have games for it (ex: Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, the US version of Red Seeds Profile, etc), but I can't see myself plunking the cash down for it yet. The stuff they show during conferences don't usually appeal to me very much. And I don't care much for services that generally seem to take their time getting to Canada (even though I think some of the TV stuff they have is cool, we likely won't get it or won't get it as quickly as the US does).

Yeah, that's pretty much the position I'm in as well. I actually own two 360 games (Vesperia and Sonic 06... don't ask about the latter >_>) but I played the former on a friends 360, because aside from some XBLA titles, it'd probably collect dust.

I used the 360 for Vesperia and multiplatform games until I got a PS3 to take its place, though the system lives on as the eternal fifa playing device for my brother.

Will sometimes use it myself for the following reasons
- when people here manage to trick me into replaying Eggmanland in Sonic Unleashed.
- replaying Tales of Vesperia, Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Super Meat Boy.
- when a demo I want to play pops up on it before the PS3

Oh and Rare's games....*sob* well I liked Viva Pinata

Kokonoe

Banned
I only really play third party titles on PS3/360. Although if you aren't a big online gamer, that's something you can cut off the list of owning a 360. One good reason to get one is that it has a lot of arcade games if you're into that + shmups.

MS didn't even deliver on the gif front outside of Usher. I was disappointed.

Thanks for reminding me to make this.

ieJWuK6mw56qV.gif

Every time I look at my PSN friends list, I'm always amazed at how many trophies everyone else seems to have. (._.)

Generations is pretty much the only game I've ever Platinum'd.

Every time I look at my PSN friends list, I'm always amazed at how many trophies everyone else seems to have. (._.)

Generations is pretty much the only game I've ever Platinum'd.

I remember getting my first Platinum, I think it was AssCreed2. I stared at the picture next to the trophy, and I was so proud.

I remember getting my first Platinum, I think it was AssCreed2. I stared at the picture next to the trophy, and I was so proud.

You managed to pick up all the randomly placed feathers and other fluff? I don't know whether to shake your hand or for me to shake my head.
Maybe both, even as someone who has full DK64 completion I wouldn't be able to handle getting a platinum in an openworld game from this gen.

Sonic Generations was actually my first platinum, followed by Rayman Origins as my only other one.

...Huh. Looking at my account now, I somehow have 100% trophy completion for Sonic 4. In addition to not even owning the game, I don't even remember doing such a thing.

You managed to pick up all the randomly placed feathers and other fluff? I don't know whether to shake your hand or for me to shake my head.
Maybe both, even as someone who has full DK64 completion I wouldn't be able to handle getting a platinum in an openworld game from this gen.

Sonic Generations was actually my first platinum, followed by Rayman Origins as my only other one.

The feathers were the only hard part. I ended up just printing out a map that had all the feather locations. I didn't bother trying to platinum Brotherhood or Revelations. I did get one for Arkham Asylum. In fact, if I could've platinum'd it twice, I would have since I gleefully 100%'d the game on Hard Mode.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
My first platinum was Cross Edge on my JPSN. My first platinum on my US PSN was either FFXIII or Last Rebellion. I can't remember.

I just remember the satisfaction of "oh man, I'm so glad I don't have to play these games for a looong time."

I'd ask for Schala's PSN, but I doubt we even play the same games, so it'd be a moo point.
We probably don't, but I'll add you anyway if you want.

oh yeeeeah, what IS your psn id?

...do i even need to ask?

alternately: add Gravijah_ on psn!
Added you! And nope. It's pretty obvious. :p

I started using my NA PSN more often because of GAF in general, so I'm trying to replay some of the games I'd platinumed with my JPS account for consistency. It's my Vita account too.

Will sometimes use it myself for the following reasons
- when people here manage to trick me into replaying Eggmanland in Sonic Unleashed.
That wasn't tricking. You were curious!

Thanks for reminding me to make this.

*right-click, Save*

The feathers were the only hard part. I ended up just printing out a map that had all the feather locations. I didn't bother trying to platinum Brotherhood or Revelations. I did get one for Arkham Asylum. In fact, if I could've platinum'd it twice, I would have since I gleefully 100%'d the game on Hard Mode.

I'm actually pretty close to getting it for Asylum (Played through it a week or so ago to ready myself for the GOTY version of Arkham City) I just have to complete the challenge rooms, and I'll be done.

Well, if everyone's exchanging PSN ID's, I might as well throw mine out there. It's Blaze627.

You sneaky sneak, I was pretty close to the full works for AC2 but wrapping up all the side stuff was too much work for me.

The most depressing thing about the trophy system for me is the oddly numerous fighting games I have with like minimal trophy percentage, even the ones I actually put time into are like barely above 20%, I feel shame!

My PSN should be fairly obvious, and I'm assuming Schala's is as well. Anyone else can add me, and I'll be adding Seven in a bit.
You sneaky sneak, I was pretty close to the full works for AC2 but wrapping up all the side stuff was too much work for me.

I loved AC2, but not enough to go searching Italy far and wide for those feathers blindly! Seeing Ezio's mother talk again was worth it, though.

Gravijah

so you're downloading on ps3 and 360

this is why america is adopting bandwidth caps because of greedy people like you with your comcasts

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Added Seven Force and Beef. :D

We should've just did this at the beginning of the thread.

The most depressing thing about the trophy system for me is the oddly numerous fighting games I have with like minimal trophy percentage, even the ones I actually put time into are like barely above 20%, I feel shame!
Naw, I have fighting games with barely over 10-20% because I'm... not very good at them, and people get really competitive online, so I get shy. :lol

The AC2 feather hunt is annoying, but it's not that hard. AC2 is really one of the easier platinums out there. It's just that some of the trophies are kind of grindy. Like a lot of RPG trophies are.

Kokonoe

Banned
Back on topic:

Out of all the robotic Sonics, which is your favorite? (Not counting super/neo/hyper forms)
Choices

Silver Sonic, Metal Sonic and Mecha Sonic.

Since we're talking normal forms, I'll say Mecha Sonic.

We should've just did this at the beginning of the thread.

At the beginning of the thread, all of us were more worried about bad fanart than anything. :lol

Back on topic:

Out of all the robotic Sonics, which is your favorite? (Not counting super/neo/hyper forms)
Choices

I'm guessing Silver is from Sonic 2? Either way, that thing is ugly so that's a big "no."

I like the plain design from Sonic CD the best. The one from 3K looks like a Nomura design.

Emitan

Back on topic:

Choices

What is mecha Sonic? My favorite is Metal Sonic. Silver Sonic is overdesigned.

Naw, I have fighting games with barely over 10-20% because I'm... not very good at them, and people get really competitive online, so I get shy. :lol
So i'm not the only one with an irrational fear of stepping into a fighting games (or most games) online modes?

The AC2 feather hunt is annoying, but it's not that hard. AC2 is really one of the easier platinums out there. It's just that some of the trophies are kind of grindy. Like a lot of RPG trophies are.
when grinding enters the equation i'm almost always out.

Back on topic:

Choices

So I can't choose the amazing Sonic Heroes Metal Sonic?....I can't type this with a straight face.
Well anyway it's Metal Sonic.

My 5 cent copy of Sonic & Tails arrived today but it seems like my Game Gear is busted. It's not too big a deal 'cause I already have Sonic Chaos for Master System and only bought this copy because it was five cents, but it also means I can't play the Sailor Moon S game I got with it =\

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Back on topic:

Choices.
Metal Sonic. Mecha Sonic's alright. His design seems to lie closer to a DBZ sort of thing, but that's not a bad thing.

You already know that I think that Neo Metal Sonic is a bad Sephiroth clone.

So i'm not the only one with an irrational fear of stepping into a fighting games (or most games) online modes?

when grinding enters the equation i'm almost always out.
Nope. I'm afraid that I'll get mean messages from people if I do badly too. Or creepy messages since my PSN avatar is of a female. :lol

I usually turn my brain off when it comes to grinding. Sometimes I really hate it, and just can't do it. But other times, I end up getting it done (ex: FFXIII's platinum trophy).

I can join the fun on Steam, at least. :(
I don't have Steam on this laptop, unfortunately. :(

Kokonoe

Banned
Metal Sonic. Mecha Sonic's alright. His design seems to lie closer to a DBZ sort of thing, but that's not a bad thing.

You already know that I think that Neo Metal Sonic is a bad Sephiroth clone.

Does that mean Sonic Heroes is Final Fantasy 7, and playing with three characters is a party?
The final battle is
One Winged Angel, and the part where Tails slaps Metal Sonic on the head is the solo fight of Cloud and Sephiroth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom