• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

The Qs are coming

pick a top tier if you want to live
deLancie-TNG.jpg

The most top tier of all Qs.

remember when steam was a curated marketplace and checking what new games were added that week was something you would want to do regularly

I don't need Steam to play nanny for me, though. This isn't necessarily a low-quality production, it's just of a genre/flavor that doesn't appeal to you. This isn't like when they let "My First Unity" games get onto the main store (Earth 2066).

*hides buy history*

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm waiting for the eventual, inevitable Ghostlight Neptunia Steam port. Then I'm gifting Schala copies.

Yes, plural.

Tizoc

I don't think that image is the right one to use :p

remember when steam was a curated marketplace and checking what new games were added that week was something you would want to do regularly

Most of us complain mainly about iOS stuff flooding Steam. NSFW art Visual Novels are the least of worries.

Since we're talking Steam buy or gift the Ys games if you don't have them/want to spread the aweseomness of the series

PKrockin

I'm getting that masochistic urge again to play a shitty game and see how bad it is. I was this close to Gameflying Senran Kagura but it turns out the only one in their catalog is coming out in October.

Anyone have any better ideas? Like maybe Hyperdimension Neptunia? Or sticking a hot fork in my balls?

Tizoc

I'm getting that masochistic urge again to play a shitty game and see how bad it is. I was this close to Gameflying Senran Kagura but it turns out the only one in their catalog is coming out in October.

Anyone have any better ideas? Like maybe Hyperdimension Neptunia? Or sticking a hot fork in my balls?
How about playing a newly released indie?
There's Whispering WIllows out on Steam which is a 2D puzzle/adventure/horror game.
If you're a fan of Seirra's Quest series, there's Quest for infamy, that got released recently too.
Soul Gambler is a Visual Novel game based on Faust.

PKrockin

How about playing a newly released indie?
There's Whispering WIllows out on Steam which is a 2D puzzle/adventure/horror game.
If you're a fan of Seirra's Quest series, there's Quest for infamy, that got released recently too.
Soul Gambler is a Visual Novel game based on Faust.
"Sorry, I don't like indie games" (I don't get this. Indie isn't a genre.)

I've got fun games covered at the moment with Xenoblade on consoles and A Link between Worlds on portables. I need something soul-crushingly bad. Or maybe if I wait a while the urge will pass.

Tizoc

"Sorry, I don't like indie games" (I don't get this. Indie isn't a genre.)

I've got fun games covered at the moment with Xenoblade on consoles and A Link between Worlds on portables. I need something soul-crushingly bad. Or maybe if I wait a while the urge will pass.

Well there's always Bad Rats or this recently released Steam game
header_292x136.jpg

PKrockin

header_292x136.jpg
Oh, don't worry, I've got this little gem bookmarked for when the self harm escalates to outright suicide by shitty video game. Nothing more annoying than a lazy, unfunny ecchi anime.

I passed on the new sonic jump, I still own the original and only played it for a few days, dash however I played solid for about 2 months!

This seems to be the most fitting thread for it but who is excited for Freedom Planet next week? I can't wait we are long overdue an amazing platformer with 16-bit sonic style physics.

header_292x136.jpg

please tell me this is a terrible indie-bit style video game, I don't have steam loaded and CBA to do so at 2am.

*edit* oh ok that url above said all I need to know, lol

This seems to be the most fitting thread for it but who is excited for Freedom Planet next week? I can't wait we are long overdue an amazing platformer with 16-bit sonic style physics.
So excited that I've been alpha-testing it since April 2013, moderate its forums, and worked with Tizoc on its |OT|, coming tomorrow. :D

So excited that I've been alpha-testing it since April 2013, moderate its forums, and worked with Tizoc on its |OT|, coming tomorrow. :D

Ah good to know there is an OT coming, I was thinking about it to help people learn about the game.

The demo's have been great, I can sub 2:30 on the latest build with lilac so i'm set.

Tizoc

If you can only answer this after the official game is released, then I don't mind but I gotta know (have yet to try the new demo, been too busy with work and league of legends >_>; )
On average, how long does it take to finish levels the first time, and how fast can they be beaten once one has figured the fastest route to complete them?
For that matter, does the game have multiple routes for stages that can also let you finish stages real fast if you're good enough?

Hope there's a 2-pack since I plan on making a give away of it. If it doesn't come with a Steam discount, I'll get the game then come August make a giveaway of it.

On average, how long does it take to finish levels the first time, and how fast can they be beaten once one has figured the fastest route to complete them?
It usually took me around half an hour per stage the first time around, as I wasn't used to what the stage had to throw at me; bosses and minibosses in particular tended to be where I got caught up. It tends to get better the second time around, but they can still be pretty lengthy if you dally about like I tend to; I believe my current Lilac save (which is saved just before the final gauntlet, so about eight stages prior) is showing ~99 minutes, which is about 12:23 minutes a stage.

For that matter, does the game have multiple routes for stages that can also let you finish stages real fast if you're good enough?
Every stage generally has a high path and a low path, yeah. I suppose Relic Maze 1 is a bit more linear than most (check out the most recent demo to see what I mean), but generally speaking, they're about as open as your average Sonic stage is. Strife's also been really good about taking out-of-the-way areas that the testers are reaching - areas they very much shouldn't have been able to - and hiding goodies in those locations.

Regiruler

I don't like the looks of freedom planet, whether its the visual style, character design, or actual gameplay. The formermost is ugly, second is jarring, and the lattermost looks boring.

I don't like the looks of freedom planet, whether its the visual style, character design, or actual gameplay. The formermost is ugly, second is jarring, and the lattermost looks boring.
Disagree, kind of agree, and vehemently disagree, frankly. I think the backgrounds are very well-drawn and sprites well-animated, and the actual gameplay is very tight - but initially thought the idea of a game starring a bunch of fan characters literally cribbed from deviantART was a horrible idea. I've since turned around on that opinion, however (since SAGE 2012, actually).

Tizoc

Freakin' League of Legends getting in the way of my Steam backlog.
Started Divinity but hadn't gotten back to it yet and I have yet to start liking it.
It just feels too massive @_@

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yes, that's right. Your birthday was on the 9th.

Happy belated birthday, Nocturnowl!

Blaze's birthday was earlier on, but I'd wished him a happy birthday prior elsewhere. Noi's (July 25) and BHZ Mayor's (July 16) birthdays are coming up, and even if he doesn't post here anymore, qq's birthday is in July too (July 20).

I'm still on a break from GAF, but I wanted to say hi. I see that it's been pretty quiet. Surprised, considering Freedom Planet's out in a few days and it's been a SAGE staple for a while.

Top Bottom