• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Kart94

Banned
one of my episodes i did like where when Sonic and that nascar dude raced

Speaking of racing *i get on and off topic alot* Ridge Racer is a fun series of games..but i swear when i tried Ridge Racer 3D, sometimes there is like one or two tracks where i swear i saw them before.

BHZ Mayor

one of my episodes i did like where when Sonic and that nascar dude raced

Speaking of racing *i get on and off topic alot* Ridge Racer is a fun series of games..but i swear when i tried Ridge Racer 3D, sometimes there is like one or two tracks where i swear i saw them before.

Don't sweat it. We do that a lot around here. :p

Well, yeah, it's a placeholder, but I find it to be an amusing placeholder when it's claiming it won't release for another three years.

Regiruler

Is Tropical Coast Zone 3 the first time that Sonic ever had such a good rail-only levell?

As I was thinking back over lost world due to a post I was making in the day's new wii u thread (the creator tried the LW demo and wrote it off because of the controls, which as you know I am a very big advocate for), I thought over the level for no particular reason, probably because I was going for the S rank in it not too long ago (controlling speed on the rail is actually quite fun once you get the hang of it). In all honesty, it's probably one of the game's best levels, especially because it held one of the game's best tracks: Sea Bottom Segue.
Let it take you on a journey into the blue...

As a kid, I was always quite irritated that Sonic could suddenly use Chaos Control, especially with a fake emerald. Like he was just way past cool so he could totally do that, yeah right Sega! 12-year old JC is calling bullshit on that sleight of hand plot contrivance, buddy!

Guess Who

Banned
The problem with Final Rush is that everything that's not a rail is a flat boring platform. No slopes, no interesting terrain, just platforms and rails.

And SA2's rail mechanics were awful, with the finicky rail switching and balancing mechanic that since been mercifully canned.

Anth0ny

Damn, GAF really likes The Last of Us: Remastered o_O

Last of Us is an incredible game... but I have no desire to replay it so soon, even with fancy graphics.

I feel like in a year or two TLOU: Remastered is going to drop to $20, I'm going to pick it up, and it's going to be awesome. But right now? naw.

BlackJace

Last of Us is an incredible game... but I have no desire to replay it so soon, even with fancy graphics.

I feel like in a year or two TLOU: Remastered is going to drop to $20, I'm going to pick it up, and it's going to be awesome. But right now? naw.

Yeah it seems like a perfect gap game to pick up on the cheap. Can't fade that steep price right now.

AniHawk

i feel like with remastered editions of games coming out a year after they originally released (or not even that in some cases) is sort of not great. i prefer letting tech age a good decade or so before returning to something, especially if you give it the 'remastered' moniker. this just screams cheap cash grab.

i sort of have a stick up my ass regarding neil druckmann in general though so that definitely influences things. i mean a live stage play of the last of us what the fuck. it's just so damn silly.

As a kid, I was always quite irritated that Sonic could suddenly use Chaos Control, especially with a fake emerald. Like he was just way past cool so he could totally do that, yeah right Sega! 12-year old JC is calling bullshit on that sleight of hand plot contrivance, buddy!

What can I say? he dies hard! this apparently explains away any questions about fake emerald boolsheet.

What always bugged me aside from that is the first time you see chaos control being used it takes like 10 full seconds of emerald powering up to work and then every other time it's like instantaneous, am I to assume Shadow was just showing off or botching his first one in front of Sonic?

Tizoc

Yeah no kidding. Really, my opinion is probably unpopular, but i hate remasters of games that came out last year. Tomb Raider, Last of Us, GTA 5. To me, they feel like blantant cash grabs.

GTA5 is getting a late PC port at least, you can't hate on that!

Kart94

Banned
You guys ever have a game which pissed you off and is a very flawed game, but somehow you still love and enjoy it? For me, this is Little Big Planet Karting.

578_cropped_730x4122.jpg
This game right here is unfair as all hell. and the gameplay isn't the best around, but man these community levels are great and they just keep me around enough for me to forgive this game's shortcomings.

Caladrius

This is a Sonic the Hedgehog Community thread, I'm sure we can think of something!

Sonic Heroes

I actually unambiguously liked it.

Then again I replay the stages multiple times in most Sonic games anyway.

Oh god. I had the misfortune of having the Ps2 verison of that game. *though i am not sure that the gamecube verision is any better*

The Gamecube version has a pretty smooth framerate. I think it was only the PS2 version that had any framerate issues.

Tizoc

So my nephew told me about a Youtube series called Sonic.exe which appears to be some messed up series of videos of Sonic messing up PCs and shit.
I didn't exactly watch but next time he mentions ish like that, I'm just gonna let him watch some Bill Nye the Science Guy videos on YT.

The things these fans come up with...

Regiruler

You guys ever have a game which pissed you off and is a very flawed game, but somehow you still love and enjoy it?

Lost World. I was pissed off that it got the short end of the stick to rush it out the door, diminishing production values as well as level testing that could have made the game stand the test of time alongside uncolorations.

Not the answer you were looking for, but the recent stealth "LW is pure shit" thread has gotten me riled up.

Regiruler

No need to get so worked up about people disliking a mediocre video game.

The game is mediocre, but they don't acknowledge the proper reason why it is mediocre. The bland boss battles, the poor transition, the poorly thought out tutorial/explanations. They often go for the controls because they can't understand them, and while other obtuse games get the "it's ok you just need to learn it" brigade behind them (not to say they are bad games, W101 is one of my favorites), Lost World gets nothing of the sort because it is a Sonic game. They try to criticize the game's strengths out of ignorance, and it boils my blood.

Tizoc

From playing the 3DS ver. of the game, I've seen it have elements that would've made it fun but it just falls flat, given more time to polish and improve, I might have liked it more.

Not the answer you were looking for, but the recent stealth "LW is pure shit" thread has gotten me riled up.

I've given up on Gaming and OT as a whole now, since they both contain nothing but the worst parts of the site (terrible discussion or lack thereof, shitposts, daily racism/hate/sexism/violence threads). You'd do well to do the same, at least until the ignorant masses discover that the Community sections AREN'T a graveyard.

Razzer

I've given up on Gaming and OT as a whole now, since they both contain nothing but the worst parts of the site (terrible discussion or lack thereof, shitposts, daily racism/hate/sexism/violence threads). You'd do well to do the same, at least until the ignorant masses discover that the Community sections AREN'T a graveyard.

The biggest thing for me is that it seems people prefer to discuss the industry, not the games themselves. And that's a real shame.

Kart94

Banned

yeah one of my main problems of Off Topic is that they just sometimes go into full tumblur Social Justice Warrior, which annoys me. One of those examples was the Independance Day thread, which some tried make it is seem like the people who thought Will Smith said earf somehow were racist or something.

BlackJace

I know we often get into a cycle where we bitch about GAF, but this week is actually pretty effing ridiculous, gaming side specifically.

TLOU Remastered needs its own subforum at this point. And JC is right about Destiny soon taking over(it is a cool game though).

Caladrius

I know we often get into a cycle where we bitch about GAF, but this week is actually pretty effing ridiculous, gaming side specifically.

TLOU Remastered needs its own subforum at this point. And JC is right about Destiny soon taking over(it is a cool game though).

I've always found GAF's fixation on particular games somewhat annoying, even for the titles that I like myself. There's an assload of great games that get overshadowed and not talked about enough in lieu of 263 threads on 2-3 games as if the same ground hadn't been retread before.

Anth0ny

I've seen three TLOU Remastered threads at the top of gaming side one after another on two occasions already. With like 2 other TLOU Remastered threads on the front page.

It's crazy. GAF really loves its high resolutions and frame rates. Those threads fill like nothing I've ever seen before.

Top Bottom