• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

lol my stragedy in fighting games is mash buttons and hope i can achieve in doing the hyper combos. Honestly, Marvel vs.Capcom and Super Smash Bros are my favorite fighting games series just cause i can easily do hyper combos and lack of complicated move sets. Many fighting games have that problem of making it too complicated in doing cool moves. That is probably why i perfer the 3ds verison of Street Fighter 4 over the console verison.

this is a favorite of mine as well just because of how cute it is and it is fun for me.. I wonder who that Witch Darkstalker is supposed to be though.
If anything I remember finding SF4 on the 3DS infinitely more brutal to try and play, granted that was with removing the easy touch screen specials control scheme, pulling off an ultra then became a brutal game of twister with your fingers while the circle pad laughs at you.
Well it was really more of a novelty anyway that cost me five quid.

Apparently the Witch character you can't quite place was from Red Earth which is pretty obscure I'd say. The main reason I remember it was a one time bout of Capcom fighting jam leading all of us playing to wonder why there was some dinosaur and shellfish monsters sitting in a roster comprised of mostly SF characters.

Grunty didn't even rhyme in Tooie...more than anything(like it secretly being a giant Metroid game) thats what it made it worse than BK
I like to think that Grunty's sisters telling her to stop with the rhyming was really just Rare's well of rhymes running dry shortly after starting the script and being like "ah sod it".
Tooie makes the act of getting one jiggy such an ordeal of busy work at times that it's quite impressive.

GruntildaKazooie.gif

A future containing Sonic Boom, fills this community with gloom
Fortunately in times like these, I can at least fall back on Tropical Freeze

It's probably Metal Sonic and either Shadow or Blaze. Thought if y'all wanna start dreaming about Cubot and Orbot or Grounder and Scratch I ain't gonna stop you

GruntildaTooie.gif

It's Cream and Cheese of that I'm sure.
There's no rhyme here.

In any case I look forward to witnessing the Boomification of more Sonic characters, Knuckles is still the one to beat.

Sciz

It's probably Metal Sonic and either Shadow or Blaze. Thought if y'all wanna start dreaming about Cubot and Orbot or Grounder and Scratch I ain't gonna stop you

Cubot and Orbot are already known to be in thanks to a VA list from a while back.

edit: Not to say they wouldn't still introduce them formally like this.

Metal Sonic is virtually unchanged compared to everyone else; only thing I notice truly different is his back. Shadow just seems like he got his shoes back from the Riders games but that's really it.

It's kinda hilarious, really.

Kart94

Banned
huh weird? both Metal Sonic and Shadow seem almost virtually unchanged. I was expecting a few differences or something.

Rikkun

Metal Sonic is virtually unchanged compared to everyone else; only thing I notice truly different is his back. Shadow just seems like he got his shoes back from the Riders games but that's really it.

I already hated it's design in SA1 and hoped they would stick with the Generations look.
But obviously they have to put longer than fuck legs on every character.

Rikkun

Uh isn't its Generations look the traditional design anyways?
Yeah, the chubby STH2-like. That's the one I prefer and I hoped they'd stick with that.
If they weren't going to keep Classic Sonic what made you think they were going to keep Classic Metal?

You have a point there, but doesn't keep me from not liking it.
Not that I had any hope, I already decided at the reveal what to do with this game.

There really should just be an internet-wide bot that just posts the Sonic Cycle in each new Sonic thread. Some idiot has to go and think they're being clever and incisive by jumping to be the first to throw it in there every. damn. time. so might as well automate the process.

Tizoc

Yeah, the chubby STH2-like. That's the one I prefer and I hoped they'd stick with that.

You have a point there, but doesn't keep me from not liking it.
Not that I had any hope, I already decided at the reveal what to do with this game.

Sonic 2's 'robot duplicate' is an interesting one.
In Japan it is know as Mecha Sonic, in the west Silver Sonic. In a way you can see it as a Mecha Sonic Prototype.
Metal Sonic is the one introduced in Sonic CD.

There really should just be an internet-wide bot that just posts the Sonic Cycle in each new Sonic thread. Some idiot has to go and think they're being clever and incisive by jumping to be the first to throw it in there every. damn. time. so might as well automate the process.

every time I see those posts, I imagine N64 Bowser Laugh for some reason

Village

If Ian Flynn is telling the truth, they keep shadow close the chest

I dont exspect him in that show anytime soon

You know that old trope where someone is having an exceedingly miserable day and then just when they think it can't get any worse there's a sudden downpour of rain that they get caught in? I thought that was but a myth but apparently it's a very real thing and I do not recommend it.

My friend was like " what if they made shadow kinda buff, but not as buff as knuckles"

And I was like " Regret, I regret everything. "
Seems like fate was on your side, I'm a bit disappointed really, there wasn't nearly enough Boomification.

The only Sonic cycle relevant to gaming side threads is the cycle of expected shitposting with every single one, featuring all your favourites such as...
- The posting of the Sonic Cycle itself
- "Sonic was never good anyway"
- Recommendation that Sega should kill off the franchise
- Something about shitty friends whether applicable or not
- "Awesome" fan art
And more, I bet you could whip up a cycle with these and watch it fit most threads with ease, granted it's Sonic Boom so in this case it's at least somewhat understandable.

every time I see those posts, I imagine N64 Bowser Laugh for some reason
Sticking with the N64 theme I'm going to go with Ocarina of Time's Head carpenter laugh, something about it just feels right.
Or maybe that final boss from Bomberman Hero.

One thing that will always stand out to me about Bomberman Hero is that there was a stage filled with slug enemies that were impervious to standard bombs for some reason so you had to use these salt bombs that only ever appeared in that stage, if there was ever a more pointless stage gimmick in a platformer I'm struggling to think of one.
Like who comes up with SALT BOMBS?

The whole game had gimmicky stuff like that. And unlike say, Super Mario who has the ability to do anything, Bomberman is kinda stuck in the "throws bombs" thing so everything is like a variety of explosives. Thus...salt bombs. And vehicle levels, giant bunny riding things

OMG Aero

Obligatory Bomberman Hero music link
is that game any good?
Bomberman Hero is a weird game in that it plays nothing like any other Bomberman game, to the point where there is no battle mode it's straight up single player only. It's a fun game to play but Bomberman 64 is way better.
Man that game is so fucking good.
The most crushing part of Hudson getting absorbed into Konami is that one of the last games they had in development was a Bomberman game for the 3DS looked like the same style of game as Bomberman 64.

that bomberman hero music is taking me back

when you're like 11-years old, dude from Bomberman 64 coming back as a badguy in Bomberman 64: Second Attack was a huge plot twist

other people played Second Attack right

OMG Aero

I sure would have liked to but they never released it in Europe.
But speaking of Second Attack, here is a fun fact: Bomberman 64: The Second Attack is the only sequel to a game on the N64 that didn't drop 64 from the title.
And that is your N64 trivia of the day.

didn't want to confuse you with a Bomberman Hero sequel naturally!

Sucks we never got a something-something Wii-2. Or better yet, something-something Wii-Wii!

Since this is the one track everyone always posts I had to go snooping for others, like some smooth elevator tunes.
Quite an interesting soundtrack now I think about it.

that bomberman hero music is taking me back

when you're like 11-years old, dude from Bomberman 64 coming back as a badguy in Bomberman 64: Second Attack was a huge plot twist

Salt in the Euro wounds, those decade old spoilers almost make me feel like I missed out.
Sirius was one of my original gaming swerves, post twist you'd go up to him in earlier stages and gone was his sage like tutorial advice replaced with death threats, so shook.

oops forgot you guys never got that game, so there's something I can horde over you. I will remember to do the same for Captain Toad when I play it this year
also Smash Bros when its inevitably delayed til Summer in honor of the Brawl euro delay

Grunty didn't even rhyme in Tooie...more than anything(like it secretly being a giant Metroid game) thats what it made it worse than BK

Nah, I could handle Grunty not rhyming. It's the fact that Rare went overboard with how big the worlds were (which tanked the framerate all to shit even after using the expansion pack), just how overdone the hub world was, the amount of backtracking, and some of the requirements to get even a single jiggy at times. I still liked it, but I enjoyed the more simple Kazooie a heck of a lot more.

Top Bottom