• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Kart94

Banned
You know, i am blowing through Darkstalkers 3 at a fast rate. That game is like faster than the other one in Darkstalkers Ressurection. It reminds me of Marvel vs. Capcom, which makes it better. sucks that the series probably will never had a 4th game. I would play a 4th one if it was made by the team who does Marvel vs. Capcom 3 since that game is awesome. All that it would need is not to acknowledge that Lilith existed.

oops forgot you guys never got that game, so there's something I can horde over you. I will remember to do the same for Captain Toad when I play it this year
also Smash Bros when its inevitably delayed til Summer in honor of the Brawl euro delay

Well now I'm kind of looking forward to you selling the slow paced puzzle solving action as the most hype thing that I'm missing out on for a few weeks.
Unless of course Captain Toad pulls a 3D World and it's next trailer makes the first look like a tech demo.

Noi

Captain Toad |OT|
Captain Toad Review Thread
Captain Toad Co-op |OT|
Captain Toad Photomode |OT|
Captain Toad Photomode Contest |OT|
Captain Toad Co-op Tournament |OT|

new captain toad character announced
captain toad trailer #17
captain toad new website update
captain toad 5 hour live stream
captain toad new abilities revealed
captain load final level leaked

Kart94

Banned
captain toad: Engineer is secret boss.
captain toad: Morrigan is playable.
Team Fortress 2 makes outfits based on Captain Toad.

LTTP: Captain Toad(even though the game just fuckin' came out bro)
RTTP: Captain Toad is AMAZING
LTTP: Captain Toad...does this game ever get good I'm like five minutes into it one sentence op
Captain Toad |OT2| hold dat shit Nocturnowl
Captain Toad Season Pass announced

BHZ Mayor

One thing that will always stand out to me about Bomberman Hero is that there was a stage filled with slug enemies that were impervious to standard bombs for some reason so you had to use these salt bombs that only ever appeared in that stage, if there was ever a more pointless stage gimmick in a platformer I'm struggling to think of one.
Like who comes up with SALT BOMBS?

I just finished playing the Spyro trilogy, and during 3, I realized that developers during the 5th and 6th generations seemed to have this "variety by any means" mentality. Especially for platformers. Thus, salt bombs.

Nah, I could handle Grunty not rhyming. It's the fact that Rare went overboard with how big the worlds were (which tanked the framerate all to shit even after using the expansion pack), just how overdone the hub world was, the amount of backtracking, and some of the requirements to get even a single jiggy at times. I still liked it, but I enjoyed the more simple Kazooie a heck of a lot more.

Also, this is exactly how I feel about Tooie. It's too much running around huge worlds to collect less collectibles than you did in the first game.

Also, back on the subject of Bomberman Hero music, I'm kinda partial to Fatty Dick (actually named Fatidic and someone seriously needs to sample and rap over that).

pic.twitter.com/O0rnntKYww

How the fuck. That Metal Sonic is horrid.

"We carefully redesigned the main cast to best fit their personalities and roles in this reimagining of the Sonic franchise!"

"Oh, and here's Shadow and Metal Sonic pretty much exactly as you're used to."

I mean, pick one or the other. They look fine, really, but they actually look out of place with the rest of the Sonic Boom cast so far.

Sciz

Guys I played Captain Toad at Gamescom.

It's legit good.

I'm super psyched for it. My buddy and I were really hoping that they'd blow those bits up into a full game on our way through 3DW, and what little we've seen so far looks like everything I wanted out of the idea.

"We carefully redesigned the main cast to best fit their personalities and roles in this reimagining of the Sonic franchise!"

"Oh, and here's Shadow and Metal Sonic pretty much exactly as you're used to."

I mean, pick one or the other. They look fine, really, but they actually look out of place with the rest of the Sonic Boom cast so far.

I dunno, Metal Sonic looks like a Playstation Home costume.

Oh man, those Toad Titles, I can't handle it.

LTTP: Captain Toad...does this game ever get good I'm like five minutes into it one sentence op
Yet still more successful than any of mine /salt bombs

So heartless.

Of course, you would point this out lol. Maybe it's pronounced 'fuh-tiddic'. Idk.
It's too late to save yourself now, on another note Fatidic means prophetic and is pronounced "fey-tid-ik".

what is the Sega Channel?

It was a internet download service that Sega had in the 90s in which you could download games using a sega modem in Japan (And Europe?) and cable in the USA.

I honestly had no idea it existed until years after it was over. Pretty neat that Sega was ahead of the curve on that type of stuff, although Nintendo had something similar in Japan.

In non-relatedness: I hate looking for apartments so much. Especially in the Bay Area. It's a horrible time.

Kart94

Banned
I am so excited to be watching Gurdians of the Galaxy tommorrow.

Also. Wanna hear a joke?
]
expendables-3-uk-poster-official-uk-expendables-3-poster-and-quad-9ddf6eaf-ff2f-430d-b2e0-5ce33514c694.jpeg
PG-13

Also. anyone seen Mission Impossible 3? For some reason, I've always wanted to go see it because of it's Movie Poster. For some reason, i always thought it was a movie with Tom cruise running around in Japan or something. *Mission Impossible 4 was ace and i haven't seen the first 3*

Kart94

Banned
Just came back from seeing Guardians of the Galaxy. Marvel Studios delivers the goods once again. This movie is just fantastic. I can't see an action movie topping this film this year. I would have probably watched Expendables 3 if it wasn't for the fact that they decided to make it into a PG-13 film.

Tizoc

http://www.tssznews.com/2014/08/15/hfc-sonic-a-thon-raises-over-15k-for-childs-play/
A recent Sonic series marathon stream managed to make 15K donations, is the marathon archived yet? Can't seem to find it.

Just came back from seeing Guardians of the Galaxy. Marvel Studios delivers the goods once again. This movie is just fantastic. I can't see an action movie topping this film this year. I would have probably watched Expendables 3 if it wasn't for the fact that they decided to make it into a PG-13 film.

Fun movie indeed, watched it with my friend and the post credits scene killed me.

Having a hard time making it through the first Metal Gear Solid.

It's undeniably a interesting and well put together game, but I just can't make it through it! Stealth gameplay really doesn't do it for me. I JUST WANNA GO FAST AND FISH FOR FROGGY.

Tizoc

Having a hard time making it through the first Metal Gear Solid.

It's undeniably a interesting and well put together game, but I just can't make it through it! Stealth gameplay really doesn't do it for me. I JUST WANNA GO FAST AND FISH FOR FROGGY.

I am able to reach the first Raven tank boss fight, and finish it within 30 minutes without raising an Alarm. On Normal. You just gotta memorize the proper paths and the game's smooth sailing from there.

Kart94

Banned
i am so excited that i can finally make topics. X3.

i don't know how or why i can make topics, but yeah.

anyway. i wonder why every Sonic 3D Blast rerelease is the Sega Genesis verison and not the Sega Saturn verison? Is the Sega Saturn verison terrible or something? *not that the sega genesis version is geat or anything. it was just ok*

i am so excited that i can finally make topics. X3.

i don't know how or why i can make topics, but yeah.

anyway. i wonder why every Sonic 3D Blast rerelease is the Sega Genesis verison and not the Sega Saturn verison? Is the Sega Saturn verison terrible or something? *not that the sega genesis version is geat or anything. it was just ok*

Easier to emulate and I imagine (to SEGA) it's not worth the cost/effort to make a port of the Saturn version when they can just pump out the Genesis/MD for cheap since they're mostly identical (yea, I know different soundtrack and special stages).

Tizoc

Yo Schalla, what'd you think of Freedom Planet?

They're being uploaded to HellfireComms's youtube channel, though not all of them are there yet.

Thanks

You know, i am blowing through Darkstalkers 3 at a fast rate. That game is like faster than the other one in Darkstalkers Ressurection. It reminds me of Marvel vs. Capcom, which makes it better. sucks that the series probably will never had a 4th game. I would play a 4th one if it was made by the team who does Marvel vs. Capcom 3 since that game is awesome. All that it would need is not to acknowledge that Lilith existed.

Yeah the DS games' speed increased as Capcom made the successor which then passed on to its vs. games.

Top Bottom