• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Village

The deadly six seemed to be just there. They are almost as one-note as a boss from the Super Mario Bros series. Heck when you beat them the last time, they just stright up disappear.

The deadly six felt like lack of direction/identity crisis incarnate.

It barely even qualified as "cyborg", anyway, it was literally what you'd get if you dressed Tails up as a robot for Halloween.
And it looked hilarious, they gave up after half of his head, slapped an arm cannon on and called it a day, seemingly this would've been enough to beat Sonic, a guy who could almost certainly outrun laser blasts.

The deadly six seemed to be just there. They are almost as one-note as a boss from the Super Mario Bros series. Heck when you beat them the last time, they just stright up disappear.

I actually thought that was what they were going for, effectively like Koopalings but since Sonic games have cutscenes they were thrown a basic character trope to run with for all their limited time on screen.
I'm completely and utterly indifferent to the lot of them.

WillyFive

I liked the new sound clips for the GBA ports of Mario games. Made the games seem a lot more lively, and it's not like the original sound effects were removed (like in Mario 64 DS).

Just playing Smash, after grabbing a raccoon tail powerup as Diddy Kong while in Green Hill Zone I couldn't help but think things looked just a little less Kong and a bit more Jungle Badger, personally I blame JC.

TimmiT

I think that all of you should know that right now there's an official SEGA anime in which the Mega Drive, Saturn and Dreamcast are animu girls who go to a school with loads of SEGA references and they go into SEGA video games and meet SEGA characters.

BzcD0HLIQAEFNc5.png
BzcEReLIgAEIWYY.png

BzcFM1yIcAAOltV.png

There have also been a couple of Sonic and Chao cameos so far, including in the OP.

I'm sick and tired of moe...and how can their bodies support those heads?
Strictly speaking, chibi != moe

I don't doubt they're trying to go for a moe aesthetic, mind, but I can't really fault chibi. No need to ask how their heads are held up; it's cartoons, shit don't have to make too much sense there.

Tizoc

Strictly speaking, chibi != moe

I don't doubt they're trying to go for a moe aesthetic, mind, but I can't really fault chibi. No need to ask how their heads are held up; it's cartoons, shit don't have to make too much sense there.

Ah yeah I should've mentioned they were chibi actually heh ^^;

It barely even qualified as "cyborg", anyway, it was literally what you'd get if you dressed Tails up as a robot for Halloween.

I'm pretty sure Tails was just faking in exactly that way, but they communicated it badly. He just wanted to trick the Deadly Six long enough to be reunited with Sonic.

Of course, after the D6 run away in fear of Tails' weaponry, Sonic says, "Okay, stay here." THAT was super-dumb.

Kart94

Banned
I'm pretty sure Tails was just faking in exactly that way, but they communicated it badly. He just wanted to trick the Deadly Six long enough to be reunited with Sonic.

Of course, after the D6 run away in fear of Tails' weaponry, Sonic says, "Okay, stay here." THAT was super-dumb.

yeah for some reason, i see a bit of shreds of what would have been a more interesting subplots and ideas in the story, but they don't really go all the way for Sonic Lost World.

TimmiT

Not sure if this was known or not, but got confirmation that Sonic Lost World does use the Hedgehog Engine. Barry from SEGAbits heard it while waiting in line to get an autograph from Iizuka, who confirmed it.

Dario ff

Banned
Not sure if this was known or not, but got confirmation that Sonic Lost World does use the Hedgehog Engine. Barry from SEGAbits heard it while waiting in line to get an autograph from Iizuka, who confirmed it.
It was pretty obvious from how it looked but it's nice to have official confirmation.

Well someone here has to take one for the team and experience Boom first hand, Falk I leave this task in your capable hands, I'll expect a tome when you're done.

Falk

that puzzling face
I have nowhere to plug in a Wii U though.

I mean my setup literally piggybacks on my work rig. I play games through the exact same monitor, headphones/speakers as I work on, and I basically have one stereo audio in and one HDMI in for consoles.

My plan was to keep my PS3 around till Zestiria comes, finish that then finally disconnect forever and get a PS4.

I mean my setup literally piggybacks on my work rig. I play games through the exact same monitor, headphones/speakers as I work on, and I basically have one stereo audio in and one HDMI in for consoles.

My plan was to keep my PS3 around till Zestiria comes, finish that then finally disconnect forever and get a PS4.
Off-TV play, tho

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
To put that more clearly, many Wii U games can be played exclusively on the Game Pad. Assuming Boom has that feature, you don't have to plug the Wii U into anything other than electricity most of the time, you just treat the Game Pad like a portable.

Makes for the comfiest gaming imaginable: just set up in bed, headphones plugged into Gamepad, no outside distractions whatsoeeeeeeever, fucking blissful.

Tizoc

First world problems: Having enough space on your Vita for games you WILL go back to from time to time, and deciding on which games not to keep on that glorious OLED after finishing them.

Well someone here has to take one for the team and experience Boom first hand, Falk I leave this task in your capable hands, I'll expect a tome when you're done.

I'll be pre-ordering the 3DS ver. on early Nov.~

I mean, little kids are gonna buy the games regardless

We're kinda-sorta not the target demographic these days

At any rate, I really doubt we're the target demographic for Boom

Falk

that puzzling face
You'd be surprised how many copies the animated series would help ship.

(Except Wii U install base isn't all that hot)

PKrockin

Just... just unplug your PS4 from the monitor when you want to play the Wii U?

I suppose I could probably beat Sonic Boom before Smash 4 Wii U comes out. Not that I want to play it.

Falk

that puzzling face
Realistically I'm not going to buy a console just for 2 games.

(Who am I kidding PS4 for FFXV/KH3 lol)

The Future

To respond to the biggest question that I assume is on many people’s minds, the future of this project is uncertain. Three important facts that were already mentioned are that this project was created independently of SEGA and is in no way affiliated with them, that any release whatsoever would have to be licensed and approved by SEGA, and that this game is massive; what we have here is already the product of months of work, and that’s time that wasn’t spent directly working to make a living.

Enough of this project has been completed to prove a point. The only way that it can be continued is with both legal and financial backing from SEGA.

So_theres_a_chance.gif

Top Bottom