• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

OMG Aero

I'm blaming you and this post for leading me into watching the second episode, but at least now I know the real reason the Dreamcast failed is because she hit her head a bunch when she was younger.
2YtVTZe.gif

Also Virtua Fighter is a weirder game than I remember.
58CvnSW.gif

So I went into a GameStop and saw that they had a demo of LittleBIGPlanet 3. I'm not that big a fan of the originals, but after playing the demo I'm definitely getting this one when it releases. Reason why I'm talking about it here though is that the Odd Sock level they had in the demo had a lot of slopes, wall running and bounce pads. If the level had more alternate paths and the franchise's trademarked loops and corkscrews, it would be a fantastic level in a Sonic game. Keep in mind that LBP 3 is being developed by Sumo Digital, the guys behind Sonic All-Stars.

They should've been the ones SEGA picked to make a western-developed Sonic game.

Village

Also nice picture ^^

They should've been the ones SEGA picked to make a western-developed Sonic game.

Ok, thats reasonable, sega should done a lot of things with sonic boom. Like not hiring a production studio to come up with a new westernized version of sonic ... when you had one the entire time you could have just ripped... with out having to pay new people that much. And then having all this bad press, to... launch of the game and show. Like if you just would have went, this is the comic book show... you could have then sold the comic book... and didn't hire an entire production studio or at least the ground level creative team... because the world and characters would have already existed, art style would have not needed to be changed. And business man ass businessman level, due to the constant art style that would have happened in hypothetical it would be easier make figures, get that background horse type money. Its like large comic book companies have been doing this for years, instead of creating new versions just adapting one of the multiple versions of the characters they have into something else because its cheaper and also sells the thing you are adapting

but uh... sega ain't reasonable, they see thing and there practical way to it, but often choose not to do that for whatever reason. They need someone there with a newspaper, rolled up, his job for all their franchises that need it. Is his job encourage them when they have good ideas and when they come up with a new extreme idea to fuck up the base idea, which is the sega way, he is to slap them across the back of the head with the newspaper until they stop. I don't know if that would give us better sonic games, but I'm sure it would give us more interesting ones.

Soodanim

Earlier today I plugged my Buffalo SNES controller into my N7 to try it with some gamss. I tried Sonic 4 Ep 2. Fuck me. I've never played a game with an almost literal play to win button before. After one or two goes I started timing how long you can set Sonic and Tails in that pair roll thing and let it play. I got up to 30 seconds in one level. That's almost impressively self-playing.

And yet when you don't use it the game is an almost try annoying slow game with boring vertical flying all over the place.

I'm glad I got it for free.

Kart94

Banned
Earlier today I plugged my Buffalo SNES controller into my N7 to try it with some gamss. I tried Sonic 4 Ep 2. Fuck me. I've never played a game with an almost literal play to win button before. After one or two goes I started timing how long you can set Sonic and Tails in that pair roll thing and let it play. I got up to 30 seconds in one level. That's almost impressively self-playing.

And yet when you don't use it the game is an almost try annoying slow game with boring vertical flying all over the place.

I'm glad I got it for free.

yeah that game and episode one seem to be not too good.

Dario ff

Banned
Thought you might enjoy some 8k to 1080p shots I made of what I'm working on (Xbox 360 Shader conversion from Sonic Unleashed + other visual fixes). Some of these could be wallpaper material with the objects turned off.

Album here, couple of favorite shots:

Village

Ken penders has been designing new characters for his story meet this dude

QVgxS9L.jpg

Original character donut steel

Also sex is gonna happen

tilmm4f.png

That has been your Ken Penders dive into the insanity update.

Back to normal programming.

Sonic lost world is some butt

Sciz

This would all be so much less creepy if he'd just throw out the dreads and start drawing normal human heads.

edit: Wildly off topic but since I assume everyone in here is a huge platformer fan, the 3D Realms pack that went up today is a steal.

Kart94

Banned
the wii u verison of this game looks good, but i have to say having just bought the 3ds verison and is enjoying that game so far, i don't really feel like i am missing much by not getting the wii u verison.

anyway, I can gladly say, Sonic is better in this game if only because he isn't espically prone to that stupid trip system anyone since Smash 4 got rid of that.

Village

the wii u verison of this game looks good, but i have to say having just bought the 3ds verison and is enjoying that game so far, i don't really feel like i am missing much by not getting the wii u verison.

anyway, I can gladly say, Sonic is better in this game if only because he isn't espically prone to that stupid trip system anyone since Smash 4 got rid of that.

If thats how you feeling i ain't knock your husle but I didn't even buy the 3ds version, I was like " i'm just going to wait till the real version comes out "

Tizoc

http://www.thunderclap.it/projects/17342-blast-process-segapcports
1 day left, if you can participate to get it to 100,000 that'd be great.

This would all be so much less creepy if he'd just throw out the dreads and start drawing normal human heads.

edit: Wildly off topic but since I assume everyone in here is a huge platformer fan, the 3D Realms pack that went up today is a steal.

Looks like I missed out on it ;P
What're the good platformers in it by any chance?

Jak 1 running at sub 30 FPS on the Vita is giving me the murderous twitchy eye...

Village

this sonic universe

Oh my god knuckles is actually the worst.

" I'm gonna fight you shadow"

" You left the emerald with the alien!"

* proceeds to punch shadow in the face*

Top Bottom