• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Well, as of today, I'm officially 'bout that Wii U life now. Despite not liking what I played of it, I'm tempted to pick up a copy of Lost World and give it another shake.

Well, as of today, I'm officially 'bout that Wii U life now. Despite not liking what I played of it, I'm tempted to pick up a copy of Lost World and give it another shake.

Here's a better idea, friend: take that time and money you were gonna spend on that and buy ANY of the following instead:

-Pikmin 3
-Super Mario 3D World
-The Wonderful 101
-Bayonetta 2(with Bayo 1 included)
-(FUCKING)Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
-Mario Kart 8
-Rayman Legends
-Super Smash Bros U
-Captain (ayy lmao Owl) Toad: GOT
G
Edition

Here's a better idea, friend: take that time and money you were gonna spend on that and buy ANY of the following instead:

-Pikmin 3
-Super Mario 3D World
-The Wonderful 101
-Mario Kart 8
-Rayman Legends
-Super Smash Bros U
G
Edition

Bayo 2, 3D World, Smash and Wonderful 101 are already bought as far as I'm concerned. MK8 I'll probably get too, and I actually recently picked up a copy of the first DKCR, so I want to play that before deciding on the sequel.

You know what, I'm probably just going to skip on Lost World for now. Hadn't actually realized how much more stuff there is that I want more.

Anth0ny

-Pikmin 3
-Super Mario 3D World
-The Wonderful 101
-Mario Kart 8
-Rayman Legends
-Super Smash Bros U
G
Edition

yeah don't be picking up sanic before any of these games

god damn that wii u library is solid

TimmiT

What are you guys talking about Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric is gonna be the best Wii U game on the market you'll se*vomits blood*

Well, until my next paycheck, the only thing I have at the moment is NintendoLand (lol) since that came with my system. Though I'll definitely check out the Bayonetta 2 demo. I'm guessing those stupid demo limits are still in place on Wii U.

Not quite sure how Friend Lists and stuff work on here, but my NNID's SeventhForce, if you're so inclined to add me.

-Pikmin 3
-Super Mario 3D World
-The Wonderful 101
-Mario Kart 8
-Rayman Legends
-Super Smash Bros U
G
Edition

I'll be getting a Wii U soon too, with essentially everything on this list (except 3D World). Yes, that includes Captain Toad, because I want more console puzzle games.

Fuck you, Captain Toad.

Falk

that puzzling face
If we're back to the 'why should I get a Wii U' discussion, it's not so much that those titles bore me. It's more that I don't have the time to even go through my current backlog, and the majority of my gaming nowadays is (not unfortunately mind you) dictated by work/work obligations which coupled along with OCD/platinum drive, leaves quite little for anything else so a game has to be something of a next-level "I want to play that" drive for me to start.

That plus the barrier of actually getting a new console is pretty prohibitive.

(Now if VGO were to work on a Wii U game I'd probably be saying completely different. We got an Xbone just to play D4 lol)

That's definitely understandable. Under those circumstances, I'd definitely be hesitant to buy a new console.

Downloaded the Bayonetta 2 demo, loved the hell out of it. Can't wait to buy the full game. Downloaded the Wonderful 101 demo and have no idea what I'm doing. Downloaded the Lost World demo and it more or less reinforced my decision to not buy it. Have EarthBound downloading, though. Already own the original SNES cartridge, but if I can officially support the series in any capacity, there's as good a place as ever to start. Off TV play could be cool, I guess.

As long as we're on the subject, I bought Bayonetta 2 this past weekend because of the bundled original game, and started said original game up. Only played the prologue chapter, but even on Very Easy I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing :D

I did get one Pure Platinum during the prologue somehow, but since it's on Very Easy I don't really count it

Tizoc

freshprincedance1mllmjqqa3.gif

WillyFive

I assure you guys, once Sonic Boom is released; Sonic Team's successor to Generations will be announced for every console except the Nintendo ones.

Regiruler

No!

There is nothing to gain from that game, from developers to us the consumer.

If I weren't so goddamn tired I would go on my LW spiel about how the mechanics are some of Sonic's best while the production values are somewhat shoddy, yet it should be played regardless.
I assure you guys, once Sonic Boom is released; Sonic Team's successor to Generations will be announced for every console except the Nintendo ones.
I'm not so sure on that. Surely Sega can't be oblivious to how goddamn awful it turned out?
Man

I really need a fucking Wii U, don't I

I could have sworn you already had one. That or I confused you with JC again.

Village

In actual Sonic news, the Sonic Boom cartoon will premiere at 7 in the morning on a Saturday.

...can we be convinced that the whole thing will bomb now?

Sonic boom is interesting...

Did anyone pick up this months comic through subscription, or does whoever just buy them when they get out?

Regiruler

Does anyone remember to who and when Sega sent that 5/10 cake to that one site? It was either as a response to a Colors or Generations review.

Falk

that puzzling face
that's it guys

i'm going to go back to college and hold clinics on:

1) how to get your foot in the door to work on square enix AAA games
2) how to get your foot in the door to work on Disney Interactive games (KgZ/James Landino is working at Harmonix on Fantasia/etc.)
3) how to get featured on wikipedia front page

A: do sonic fangames

Well then, that settles it.
At long last my true career path lies before me, time to create Sonic Blast 2: Pre-Rendered Pandemonium, that'll blow open some doors!
Not necessarily good ones.

Anth0ny

Having finished my midterms, I just played about 6 hours straight of video game. God damn that felt good. Halloween time means Halloween games!

Just finished Rondo of Blood. Is it just me or was Dracula incredible easy to beat? Weird. Nonetheless, that is a FANTASTIC game.

Also, I'm shocked that The Evil Within hasn't managed to grab me. At all. I'm heading into chapter 10 now... really hoping this turns around. I have a huge notepad full of points I've been making as I've made my way through the game. Ready to drop 2000 words on it when I'm finished.

I ended up rather liking The Evil Within, but in a greater-than-the-sum-of-its-parts kinda way. More rough edges than Stickerbush Symphony.

Tizoc

So I prob. should get working on that Sonic Boom cartoon OT huh?

I don't know ANYTHING about it outside of who is working on it, I only saw one or 2 short previews and that's it.

The titles for the first episode is amazing hough-
Sidekick/Can an Evil Genius Crash on Your Couch for a Few Weeks

It'll be 2 shorts for a total of 20ish minutes per ep.

Top Bottom