• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

iuz5O0h.jpg

Tizoc

I don't like how Knuckles is made the dumb muscle in Sonic Boom, although Sonic Universe was OK this week.

Hoping they get this story arc resolved so we get to different characters.
Like a road trip with Nack, Bean and Bark in a 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' kind of story, only PG-ified.

Regiruler

I'm getting too good at TotD: Overkill. Do the bosses get significantly more challenging after level 5?
And what does the hardcore mode do? I'm putting some of my hopes on that.
I don't like how Knuckles is made the dumb muscle in Sonic Boom, although Sonic Universe was OK this week.

Hasn't Knuckles always been portrayed as kinda thick as a foil to Tails?

TheOGB

Banned
More people need to experience Shadow the Hedgehog. I mean, for the love of god, don't actually play it, but watch a playthrough or something, because it's fucking hilarious.

Maybe that title translates to chill hill zone.
Going to give these a listen.

Between the line, the dramatic glass punching and the look of triumph on his face afterwards, this is probably the most unintentionally hilarious thing to come from the game by far

His little smirk really is the icing on the cake, can't see any of the "guys" he's referring to so I'll just assume he's talking to himself as well.

Village

Between the line, the dramatic glass punching and the look of triumph on his face afterwards, this is probably the most unintentionally hilarious thing to come from the game by far

You need to play DmC devil may cry, RIGHT NOW. That shit takes the cake. Sniper rifles and babies.

RGamer2009

Neo Member
Ok, guys. Its time to make your voices heard. You have most likely seen this video, which shows off Sonic 3 & Knuckles working on mobile devices.

You may also recall that was a concept and isn't really happening.

Well it can still happen. We just need to let Sega know how much we want this.

Starting today, fans should post on Twitter @SEGA_OFFICIAL a message asking for a Sonic 3 & Knuckles mobile remaster with the hashtag #BringBackSonic3 to raise awareness on the Sonic classic that is usually ignored by Sega. If you do not have Twitter, post this all around the Internet via forums, blogs, comments, whatever.

Let it be ignored no longer. Sega, #BringBackSonic3!

Tizoc

Well I tweeted SEGA Europe about getting the latest 3DS SEGA classics released in the west. Can't hurt to do it with that game~

I used to get into arguments with people on Sega Forums who would say that Xtreme would have been Sega's Mario 64. As ridiculous as it is to argue over a game we had never played, I still think Xtreme looks pretty difficult to play.

HUELEN10

So, trying to finalize stuff for the Sonic Boom OTs today so they launch on the 8th (show comics and merch) the 11th (The games).

I have 2 threads (1 on Gaming, one on OT) in mind, not 3, (2 on gaming, 1 on OT) as I think there should be only 1 thread for both games. Sonic Generations OT And Sonic Lost World OT both covered 2 different games, and I don't see why this should be different for Rise Of Lyric and Shattered Crystal, specially considering that they now launch on the same day. What are your guy's thoughts on doing it this way?

Sciz

Yeah, that's fine. If they were likely to draw more attention it'd be worth splitting them up, but neither of these games are going to light GAF's fire.

HUELEN10

Yeah, that's fine. If they were likely to draw more attention it'd be worth splitting them up, but neither of these games are going to light GAF's fire.
Even though I am getting both games at launch (or at least that's the plan), I kinda know what you mean.

Even though the latest vids seem to show that this is a better game than most would expect, my hype is still mainly on the show/comic.

Well they putting out a Sonic 3DS demo so you'll can make some tomes about that I'm sure

meanwhile, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse comes out 6 months before Europe

heh

heh heh heh

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

evil_laugh_o_zps6dcd8e6a.gif

I don't think any of NoE's overpriced limited editions could ever be considered GOAT level, it's more like throwing in some cheap tat to flimsily justify doubling the price.
You know I'm right Anth0ny, your love of Majora is just blinding you right now.

So, trying to finalize stuff for the Sonic Boom OTs today so they launch on the 8th (show comics and merch) the 11th (The games).

I have 2 threads (1 on Gaming, one on OT) in mind, not 3, (2 on gaming, 1 on OT) as I think there should be only 1 thread for both games. Sonic Generations OT And Sonic Lost World OT both covered 2 different games, and I don't see why this should be different for Rise Of Lyric and Shattered Crystal, specially considering that they now launch on the same day. What are your guy's thoughts on doing it this way?

Generations and Lost World were supposed to be the same plot, though, just told differently. The two Sonic Boom games are supposed to be separate storylines, with significantly different approaches to them.

But then again, an OT for each game would probably split things too thin, so I guess it makes sense to combine them. Makes it easier to point to mods when someone craps in some ugly eight-year-old fanart they "found", too.

TheOGB

Banned
Alright, played the demo again. It's boring. And slow. There is no second jump button, but it does have a sprint button, which you can just tap to go faster. The demo features the same levels they've demoed forever: Seaside Beach, Seaside Race, and Worm Tunnel.

Seaside Beach is the licensed WayForwardvania level. You can run through it pretty quickly as Sonic. If you actually feel like switching characters or spending more time on the stage, you can take a divergent path to grab some collectibles. They're not very hard to find or get to, which isn't bad, but they don't feel very rewarding. I think in the full game you get concept art or Tails gadgets or something.

Seaside Race is the Sonic Rivals level against Sticks. There are shortcuts you can take by using Sonic's air dash or generally following the rings. Seems like you have to mess up pretty bad to actually lose the race, but if you just keep moving you'll be fine.

Worm Tunnel is pretty simple. You switch lanes to avoid the electrical... things, and use Enerbeam to get on a zipline when the game tells you to press A the worm comes to fuck up the road. Follow the rings to the end and you're done.

Not too engaging, not too surprising. It's a handheld version of a game for a TV show, and it feels like it. But hey, it's for the kids, amirite

edit: addendum
It's the wack handheld version of a new Crash game I've been missing for 5 years

No but seriously, it's really boring. All three levels are basic and bland. Stuff appears to happen and it all basically amounts to nothing. Exploring and grabbing the collectibles doesn't feel rewarding, it's just more stuff to do in a game I don't want to keep playing. It's not actively terrible or anything, but it's definitely not engaging enough to hold my interest.

Top Bottom