• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

TheOGB

Banned
Speaking of Sonic 2K6, slowbeef just played a bit of it. And, well...

EvenHarmfulBasenji.gif
What a day

The worst thing about Sonic Boom is that it makes those "hurr Sonic Cycle, Sonic hasn't been good in years, Sonic was never good" idiots feel vindicated.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The worst thing about Sonic Boom is that it makes those "hurr Sonic Cycle, Sonic hasn't been good in years, Sonic was never good" idiots feel vindicated.
I was just coming in here to say that.

It's frustrating as fuck because barely anyone in here or even the Sonic fans in general on GAF outside of a few people thought it was going to be a good game.

Can we have a SonicGAF plays: Sonic Boom Wii U?
This would've been a thing if people didn't make me cancel my order that I'd placed 3 minutes before cancelling it.

It's frustrating as fuck because barely anyone in here or even the Sonic fans in general on GAF outside of a few people thought it was going to be a good game.

This would've been a thing if people didn't make me cancel my order that I'd placed 3 minutes before cancelling it.

Twas' for your own good Schala!

OMG Aero

Wait, you think Generations had better controls than Unleashed? You can't crawl, and the homing attack is the same button
Generations absolutely has better controls than Unleashed.
For one thing the drifting actually works in Generations, whereas in Unleashed if you try to drift at parts the game clearly wants you to (that turn with no walls at the start of Empire City or the one act in Mazuri that is a race course) you go flying off the stage.
And in Unleashed boost is mapped to the same button as the homing attack which means as soon as you get the ability to air boost you better hope you don't happen to lose lock on just as you're about to homing attack otherwise you are going to boost straight off the level.

Pietepiet

Generations absolutely has better controls than Unleashed.
For one thing the drifting actually works in Generations, whereas in Unleashed if you try to drift at parts the game clearly wants you to (that turn with no walls at the start of Empire City or the one act in Mazuri that is a race course) you go flying off the stage.
And in Unleashed boost is mapped to the same button as the homing attack which means as soon as you get the ability to air boost you better hope you don't happen to lose lock on just as you're about to homing attack otherwise you are going to boost straight off the level.

Yeah, Generations definitely felt much tighter for me as well. The homing attack being on the jump button isn't an issue at all in Generations cause locking on actually works, compared to previous games where there was no proper indication of locking onto anything.

God I wish they go back to this style for the next game...

Village

Also generations had fantastic controls, they weren't perfect but generations like unleashed had the first controls that felt " adventure" in a long ass time, because weight.

While I don't want to make Sa3 because that title has little meaning anymore, I would not mind them making a sonic game with more exploration elements in the levels again, different paths finding power ups, what not. I feel like this engine would be pretty good for it, also other characters and junk.

Even lizuka didn't think it was a good game

If I can say anything about this game, it feels like a test.

ShadiWulf

Sonic Boom |OT| Nagoshi laughs

Nagoshi is the head of SEGA Software, not just Yakuza. For those who aren't aware. He has to approve everything.

HUELEN10

Go the comedy route. Make all the images for it in MSPaint. Take the piss out of it any chance you can get. This trash doesn't deserve anything better.
I was thinking of finishing the "action shots" today though. Perhaps I should stick to stills? I don't think MS paint is the way to go. Lots of people find the 3DS game to be a solid product, and honestly, I'm not that caught up on Wii U-side things (any links to footage that is not running on co-op)?

But yeah, no way I am going all-out anymore. In light of recent reaction, I think I've settled on the OT's name between these unthinkable options.

Sonic Boom |OT| So let the heartaches begin; I can't help it, I can't win.
Sonic Boom |OT| Sonic 2014
Sonic Boom |OT|
Sonic Boom |OT| Could Have Fixed It, But Knuckles Used All The Tape
Sonic Boom |OT| Damn
Sonic Boom |OT| Gotta go. Fast.
Sonic Boom |OT| Rolling around, now we're out of bounds
Sonic Boom IOTI Green Eyes, Blue Arms & He Could Really Go For A Chili Dog Right Now
Sonic Boom |OT| Everything But The Games Is Great!

It's gonna be one of these.

HUELEN10

Honestly, these are my top 3.

Sonic Boom |OT|
Sonic Boom |OT| Damn

You can't not have a subtitle. Honestly, I think "Sonic 2k14" is the best one. "Damn" isn't really relevant and the first one is obscure as fuck.

Tizoc

Honestly, these are my top 3.

Sonic Boom |OT|
Sonic Boom |OT| Damn

Either no subtitle or this

Let's not pander to the ones who just want to trash the sonic series just for the sake of it.
As for OT, just go regular route, state gameplay mechanics, gameplay footage and reviews.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Sonic Boom |OT|

That is what it's gonna be called.
That's boring and you know it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with poking fun at something you might like. If it's a stupid thread title, yeah, you'll get stupid people talking about it in the first few pages, but who gives a shit? No one reads the OP past the first few pages, and no one reads previous posts after a week or so that the game is out.

Try a little harder and pick one of the funnier ones. We even did this for Generations and Lost World (and in Lost World's case, I held a vote).

Sonic Boom |OT| Nagoshi laughs

Nagoshi is the head of SEGA Software, not just Yakuza. For those who aren't aware. He has to approve everything.
ahahahahaha, i was thinking that Nagoshi had something to do with this.

Sciz

Sonic Boom |OT| Mr. Bad's got it good and we're in his neighborhood
Sonic Boom |OT| It's not alright, don't take a chance

HUELEN10

Okay, I leave it entirely up to the community, this community.

From THESE

Sonic Boom |OT| Sonic 2014
Sonic Boom |OT| Damn
Sonic Boom |OT| Gotta go. Fast.
Sonic Boom |OT| Rolling around, now we're out of bounds!
Sonic Boom IOTI Green Eyes, Blue Arms & He Could Really Go For A Chili Dog Right Now
Sonic Boom |OT| Everything But The Games Is Great!

OR your own write-in

Chose 3, rank them 3 points, 2 points, and 1 point.

At 8 PM eastern, the votes end, and the entry with the post points wins. Simple as that.

WillyFive

3 points Sonic Boom |OT| They're Ex-Naughty Dog employees for a reason.

2 points Sonic Boom |OT| Sonic 2014

Don't feel anything else is good enough for a point

Village

Ex naughty dog one didn't make the cut?

Well "gotta go. Fast."

Watched the 3ds cut scenes, saw that leaker on 4chan. I dunno seems like shadow and metal sonic weren't even supposed to be in these games at first. Like the 3ds one lays that implication heavy.

Cutscenes made me chuckle a bit, so good job

Also good job all the voice actor accept sticks, breddy gud.

Teknoman

So now that my Sega CD is fully operational...

Is Sonic Megamix still progressing nicely? The Sega CD version with the awesome Starry Night zone music I mean.

Nibel

This should be the title

Sonic Boom |OT| ↓ ↘ → P

I'm a genius who doesn't get the respect he deserves

NTom64

One last terrible one:

Sonic Boom [OT] - Puts The Franchise Out to Pasture

Edit:
Forgot to assign points.

Guess I'll 1 to mine, 2 to Sonic Boom |OT| Gotta go. Fast. and 3 for Sonic Boom |OT| ↓ ↘ → P

Zalman

3 points for Sonic Boom |OT| Sonic 2014.
2 points for Sonic Boom |OT| Could Have Fixed It, But Knuckles Used All The Tape.

Top Bottom