• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Xater

Okay, I leave it entirely up to the community, this community.

From THESE

Sonic Boom |OT| So let the heartaches begin; I can't help it, I can't win.
Sonic Boom |OT| Sonic 2014
Sonic Boom |OT| Could Have Fixed It, But Knuckles Used All The Tape
Sonic Boom |OT| Damn
Sonic Boom |OT| Gotta go. Fast.
Sonic Boom |OT| Rolling around, now we're out of bounds!
Sonic Boom IOTI Green Eyes, Blue Arms & He Could Really Go For A Chili Dog Right Now
Sonic Boom |OT| Everything But The Games Is Great!

OR your own write-in

Chose 3, rank them 3 points, 2 points, and 1 point.

At 8 PM eastern, the votes end, and the entry with the post points wins. Simple as that.

3 Points: Sonic Boom |OT| Could Have Fixed It, But Knuckles Used All The Tape

2 Points: Sonic Boom |OT| They're Ex-Naughty Dog employees for a reason.

1 Point: Sonic Boom |OT| Sonic 2014

Tizoc

From THESE

Sonic Boom |OT| Damn
Sonic Boom IOTI Green Eyes, Blue Arms & He Could Really Go For A Chili Dog Right Now

OR your own write-in

At 8 PM eastern, the votes end, and the entry with the post points wins. Simple as that.

My vote goes for
3 points: Sonic Boom |OT| Could Have Fixed It, But Knuckles Used All The Tape
2 points: Sonic Boom |OT| Rolling around, now we're out of bounds!
1 point: Sonic Boom IOTI Green Eyes, Blue Arms & He Could Really Go For A Chili Dog Right Now

TimmiT

3 points: Sonic Boom |OT| Hold-← → P
2 points: Sonic Boom |OT| They're Ex-Naughty Dog employees for a reason
1 point: Sonic Boom |OT| Sonic 2014

From THESE

Sonic Boom |OT| Damn

OR your own write-in

That fourth one about killed me when I first read it. That definitely gets my vote.

HUELEN10

Remember that you can write-in yours too!

Since I am part of the community, here is my vote.

1 point: Sonic Boom |OT| So let the heartaches begin; I can't help it, I can't win.
2 points: Sonic Boom |OT| Could Have Fixed It, But Knuckles Used All The Tape
3 points: Sonic Boom |OT| Damn

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
3pts: Sonic Boom |OT| Sonic 2014
2pts: Sonic Boom |OT| Rolling around, now we're out of bounds!
1pt: Sonic Boom |OT| They're Ex-Naughty Dog employees for a reason.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo~

Edit: Actually, Sonic 2014 because I kinda feel like the ex-ND one might be a little mean if it did win.

From THESE

Sonic Boom |OT| Damn

OR your own write-in

Sonic Boom |OT| Achieved with Cryengine

as many points as I can give it

Caladrius

3 points: Sonic Boom |OT| Rolling around, now we're out of bounds!
2 Points: Sonic Boom |OT| Could Have Fixed It, But Knuckles Used All The Tape
1 Point: Sonic Boom |OT| Everything But The Games Is Great!

The worst thing about Sonic Boom is that it makes those "hurr Sonic Cycle, Sonic hasn't been good in years, Sonic was never good" idiots feel vindicated.

Yeeeep, pretty much my thought as well

Sonic Boom |OT| Nagoshi laughs

Nagoshi is the head of SEGA Software, not just Yakuza. For those who aren't aware. He has to approve everything.

ahahahahaha, i was thinking that Nagoshi had something to do with this.

I think Nagoshi still hates us (or at least SEGA West) for letting Binary Domain and the Yakuza games bomb...this is punishment.

as for the OT subtitle, my vote goes to:

3 pts for Sonic Boom |OT| Could Have Fixed It, But Knuckles Used All The Tape
2 pts for Sonic Boom |OT| They're Ex-Naughty Dog employees for a reason.
1 pt for Sonic Boom |OT| Rolling around, now we're out of bounds!

Either the first or second one has to win.

Dario ff

Banned
3 Points: Sonic Boom |OT| Could Have Fixed It, But Knuckles Used All The Tape
2 Points: Sonic Boom |OT| Damn
1 Point: Sonic Boom |OT| Sonic 2014

Tizoc

I thought it was meant to be Down, Right, Fierce, until the Sonic Boom motion was put up and I figured it out lol.

Dario ff

Banned
I kinda feel like the ex-ND one might be a little mean if it did win.
I kinda don't TBH. Like I said before:
The awful design decisions have been there since it was revealed. It takes quite the mindset to grab everything that everyone complained about Sonic games in the past decade and implement it all over again in a single game.
Unless SoA was extremely specific about what stuff to put in this game there's just a lot that they're to blame for from a basic game design standpoint. Not really gonna harp on the graphics since I have a feeling this wasn't a Wii U exclusive during its development time until plans changed. (If the original tech demo is anything to go by)

Then again not everyone in the team is responsible for this mess. :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Then again not everyone in the team is responsible for this mess. :p
Well, that's the thing; not everyone on the team is responsible for all of the garbage we've seen for the past day and a half.

...but yeah, it is genuinely their and Sega's responsibility and should be held accountable if something doesn't go right.

I just don't wanna be mean. You know that. It's probably gonna win anyway because it's hilarious.

NotLiquid

Kind of have to agree with Schala. It's funny but I feel like any subtitles poking fun at the game should be, well, subtle.

3 Points: Sonic Boom |OT| Sonic 2014
2 Points: Sonic Boom |OT| Rolling around, now we're out of bounds!
1 Point: Sonic Boom |OT| Damn

Serious vote:

3 Points: They're Ex-Naughty Dog employees for a reason.
2 Points: Damn
1 Point: Rolling around, now we're out of bounds!

I'm categorically against sub-titles that use the name of the game in them. Super Mario Game |OT| Mario something something. Don't read right to me, nope. RIP Sonic 2014

Village

The awful design decisions have been there since it was revealed. It takes quite the mindset to grab everything that everyone complained about Sonic games in the past decade and implement it all over again in a single game.

I would say if would have seen it earlier, earlier than that. But that is criticism thrown whoever the production studio or staff were that had been tasked with creating this world and the design for these characters.

TheOGB

Banned
3 points: Sonic Boom |OT| Hold-← → P
2 points: Sonic Boom |OT| Could Have Fixed It, But Knuckles Used All The Tape
1 point: Sonic Boom |OT| Save the franchise from disaster

Kart94

Banned
I am sadden that the Sonic Boom playthrough videos were removed. They were hilarious *though it was more on the game than the people talking though* Then again, it was a risk as the game doesn't come out until tommorrow i think.

ShadiWulf

Yeeeep, pretty much my thought as well

I think Nagoshi still hates us (or at least SEGA West) for letting Binary Domain and the Yakuza games bomb...this is punishment.

as for the OT subtitle, my vote goes to:

3 pts for Sonic Boom |OT| Could Have Fixed It, But Knuckles Used All The Tape
2 pts for Sonic Boom |OT| They're Ex-Naughty Dog employees for a reason.
1 pt for Sonic Boom |OT| Rolling around, now we're out of bounds!

Either the first or second one has to win.

That's boring and you know it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with poking fun at something you might like. If it's a stupid thread title, yeah, you'll get stupid people talking about it in the first few pages, but who gives a shit? No one reads the OP past the first few pages, and no one reads previous posts after a week or so that the game is out.

Try a little harder and pick one of the funnier ones. We even did this for Generations and Lost World (and in Lost World's case, I held a vote).

ahahahahaha, i was thinking that Nagoshi had something to do with this.

I'm glad at least two people found it funny. I wasn't being 100% serious. I know it'd be a bad topic title cause very few people would understand it, but I really wouldn't be surprised if Nagoshi and iizuka are laughing at how all of this is unfolding.

Who here is buying Valkyria Chronicles on PC?

I'm glad at least two people found it funny. I wasn't being 100% serious. I know it'd be a bad topic title cause very few people would understand it, but I really wouldn't be surprised if Nagoshi and iizuka are laughing at how all of this is unfolding.

Who here is buying Valkyria Chronicles on PC?

I was being serious a bit as well and I'm disappointed because I felt SoA became the whipping boy for SoJ after restructuring and figured at the time of announcement "well their PR is FULLY aware of the criticism they've been getting, so maybe this is their chance to do something about it" Turns out they're not much better.

I wouldn't be surprised either if they're laughing about it in the Japanese offices right now.

Also, bought and pre-loaded VC on PC, just waiting for that S-Sweet, Sweet 1PM EST unlock. *drools*

ShadiWulf

I was being serious a bit as well and I'm disappointed because I felt SoA became the whipping boy for SoJ after restructuring and figured at the time of announcement "well their PR is FULLY aware of the criticism they've been getting, so maybe this is their chance to do something about it" Turns out they're not much better.

I wouldn't be surprised either if they're laughing about it in the Japanese offices right now.

Also, bought and pre-loaded VC on PC, just waiting for that S-Sweet, Sweet 1PM EST unlock. *drools*

Yeah. It's kinda sad such low quality keeps coming out of SOA. This isn't the first time though. There is a huge list of bad games SOA is responsible for, but the big main ones are Golden Axe Beast Rider, Iron Man, Aliens Colonial Marines, and now Sonic Boom. Someone within SOA keeps allowing these projects to end up the way they are. It's too bad too because there is some really cool people within SOA, but yeah.. it's not hard to understand why they get affected the most when SEGA Sammy needs to restructure. They are the weakest link.

Yeah. It's kinda sad such low quality keeps coming out of SOA. This isn't the first time though. There is a huge list of bad games SOA is responsible for, but the big main ones are Golden Axe Beast Rider, Iron Man, Aliens Colonial Marines, and now Sonic Boom. Someone within SOA keeps allowing these projects to end up the way they are. It's too bad too because there is some really cool people within SOA, but yeah.. it's not hard to understand why they get affected the most when SEGA Sammy needs to restructure. They are the weakest link.

Weren't they also responsible for a number of other licensed games during the early to mid 360/Wii/PS3 period? (Golden Compass, the Daisy Fuentes Pilate game, some other--I think--licensed mystery game on the DS)

I'm surprised they even bought Secret Level after their first 2 stinkers (IM1 and Beast Rider). Then again, we know what happened with them and Iron man 2.

Yet despite all of that, what surprises me even more was the time they had the smart idea on not localizing Project Altered Beast, which was a terrible game and bombed horribly in Europe if I'm not mistaken.

HUELEN10

Here is the higher-up vote count.

Sonic Boom |OT| They're Ex-Naughty Dog employees for a reason
Sonic Boom |OT| ↓ ↘ → P
Sonic Boom |OT| Could Have Fixed It, But Knuckles Used All The Tape.
|OT| Hold-← → P
DAMN

Even if you combine the ones with arrows, they still don't win. So 2014 is tied with Knuckles, and I really like damn, so this is the final title:

Sonic Boom |OT| Sonic 2014: Damn! Could've Fixed It, But Knuckles Used All The Tape.

Yeah, if it can't be Damn, Sonic 2014 gets the point across well, too. Then again, I've always loved OT subtitles that were minimalist but subtle.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, a fusion's too long and too wordy..

Just go with Sonic 2014 since Anth0ny broke the tie.

Barely anyone's going to get the meaning behind "Damn" anyway. It's less popular than Find the Computer Room.

Damn

That's all I want

edit: honestly don't do the fusion just do Sonic 2014, I'm probably never playing the game anyway lol. Just fucking around here until Halo 5 reveal in less than 30 minutes then MCC digital release

Top Bottom