• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

HUELEN10

Damn, you can't please anyone.

Okay, this is the final FINAL pick, I mean it. Literally, the next post decides what the thread is called. Choose between knuckles, 2014 OR damn. That's it, those are the only rules, and the last time we are doing this.

And go!

HUELEN10

Sonic 2014

fuck it my nigga
DONE
Thread will go live on or before 3AM Eastern (might go to pick up ROL at the midnight launch tonight). Right now though, I am just gonna re-make it, so it's simple and to the point.

Damn, this game... May Maria have mercy on us all...

HUELEN10

i just thought of something...

I'm not the only one on GAF buying this game at launch, am I?

AM I?!?!?!?!?

Jesus Christ...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I will tell you that when I went to pay off AC Unity that I was told that no one preordered Boom.

If anything, people might buy it out of morbid curiosity. The stream I was watching for a few hours made the game look more boring than hilarious (outside of the whole "buy a 3DS to unlock a powerup" thing that Aeana and I laughed at).

B27oYu5.png

Oh, wow, that was the reference?

I thought it was just in the context of "Damn this game is ass"
I even linked the video. :(

Why do you come up with the good ones at the end?

Fuck it my n**** woudlve been a great subtitle
There is literally no way the mods would let a thread title like that fly.

We couldn't get "Dickson will be Shulked" as a subtitle for SmashGAF, and that's (marginally) less explicit.

HUELEN10

Stopped so I could focus on the OT. After all, I am pretty much doing it from scratch due to recent happenings..

Honestly, and I can only speak for the first hour, but this game is NOT shit, and it is nowhere near Sonic 06 levels. I had a one-time collision glitch which I could not replicate.

Yes, framerate sometimes isn't as high as it should be, but there is NO tearing, and in single player, performs a LOT better than those video clips I saw yesterday.

Honestly, I am having fun with this game and enjoying it. not in an "ironic" way, but I really like the atmosphere, characters, and the background score.

TheOGB

Banned
Stopped so I could focus on the OT. After all, I am pretty much doing it from scratch due to recent happenings..

Honestly, and I can only speak for the first hour, but this game is NOT shit, and it is nowhere near Sonic 06 levels. I had a one-time collision glitch which I could not replicate.

Yes, framerate sometimes isn't as high as it should be, but there is NO tearing, and in single player, performs a LOT better than those video clips I saw yesterday.

Honestly, I am having fun with this game and enjoying it. not in an "ironic" way, but I really like the atmosphere, characters, and the background score.
Well that's good to hear, if only because the positivity is refreshing.

RobbieNick

Good job Huelen!

ROL looks like it's either going to be an "okay" game, or an absolute trainwreck. Either way is entertaining.

EDIT Whoops! Meant to put that in the new thread.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
sounds 90s radical
This game should've been a parachute game~

I feel like, if we were mentioning Sonic 06, we should've alluded to the "better physics than Half-Life 2" posts, but that might be too obscure for some recent members.

...Doesn't stop it from being funny, though.

I had the feeling people were throwing around 2006 references a bit too much. 2006 wasn't just janky, it was so in an immensely frustrating way that impeded progress. In Boom, progress doesn't seem to be an issue.

Falk

that puzzling face

As I said about 2006, I can tolerate a lot of hilariously bad decisions, but the thing that made me put down 2006 was the loading screens.

That was next-level bad.

Still probably not picking up Rise of Lyric though, because one, it's not what I'm looking for in a game, and two, no Wii U :V

Glad to hear regardless

Anth0ny

I had the feeling people were throwing around 2006 references a bit too much. 2006 wasn't just janky, it was so in an immensely frustrating way that impeded progress. In Boom, progress doesn't seem to be an issue.

there was nothing frustrating about sonic 06

the loading screens were perfect laugh breaks

Village

I think the rivals games are aiight. More interesting in concept than anything. And if you give an ounce of a shit about sonic narrative, they introduce the concept present in the sonic universe shadow and blaze arc where shadow is trying to convince metal sonic he can be more than that. Because he has intelligence and free will. So thats kinda neat. Also espio is in it

Also that review copy thing, wow

Top Bottom