• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Village

I would like to talk about boom at the beginning as a whole and , where this could go. And what the main series could take from this and vice versa. The cartoon offers a lot more good points than the games, but everything will be talked about. Boom did something that I think the mainline series should adapt and never go back.

RobbieNick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Jb3A0HLe4&feature=youtu.be&a

OMG They can't even render a cut scene without screwing up. This game wasn't rushed,it was abandoned to die. You can't even blame the engine anymore. they just stopped caring after awhile.

As far as the show goes, for the most part, it's pretty darn good. Easily the best Sonic show so far, But the humor can range from being clever enough for adults, to pandering for kids

"Sidekick" is the pilot episode and it gives a few laughs, but the humor is mostly aimed at kids. The action at the beginning and end should be enough to keep everyone entertained.

"Can an evil genius crash on your couch for a few days?" Is by far the best with Eggman stealing the show and some hilarious writing. Sticks has her first appearance here and isn't too annoying. She even gets one of the funnier lines near the end of the episode.

"Translate this" is another well written episode. With the translator bot translating what people really feel when they say something. Leading to a huge mess between the group. Eggman once again has the best scenes as he steal the robot for himself and replace it with a robot that he controls and insults the gang. Tails solution for getting his robot back and getting the team to rescue him is actually quite clever.

"Buster" is by far the absolute worst of the series so far. Outside of a humorous beginning with Eggman casually reading a magazine while his new "reverse Fireman" robot is terrorizing the town. Sonic has Sticks rescue a kitten from a tree the the reverse fireman bot stuck up there. She does so by shaking the tree violently until it falls out. They then decide Sticks needs to learn how to take better care of small animals (are they....not...animals?) By getting her a pet. This is where we realize we live in a bizarre world where there are adult anthro monkeys living the the village, but baby monkeys are sold in the pet store. Okay? Anyway, she ends up adopting a robot dog she finds in the trash that vomits up green slime that doesn't even render well with everything else. It's definitely an episode meant more for kids.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
If you think about it, Eggman's robot tossing a baby into a burning building was pretty dark lol.

But yeah, Sonic Boom is funny, but sort of embarassing. On the other hand I actually find much of Lost World's dialogue and characters to be endearing, reminds me of like old-school Crash.

ShadiWulf

Sonic Stadium got more info on the upcoming Sonic movie

It's being aimed for a PG-13 rating
It's based on SEGA Japan modern Sonic, not Sonic Boom
Marza Animation are doing the animation aspect and they are very excited about it

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/11/movie-news-the-upcoming-and-the-cancelled/

my reaction:
jMyeg3D.jpg

Tizoc

As long as Eggman gets the BEST lines and dialog, I'll be pleased. Eggmna's prob. the most fun villain in a video game adaptation.

Village

... I'm legit interested in what that movie would even be about.

Also, New comics are gud.

Why didn't you just make... that the new sonic if you didn't want to get too far away form sonic.

Eh... Comics are good, boom is eh.

RobbieNick

... I'm legit interested in what that movie would even be about.

Also, New comics are gud.

Why didn't you just make... that the new sonic if you didn't want to get too far away form sonic.

Eh... Comics are good, boom is eh.

That's the one good thing. The Sonic comics have been consistently good-great for the past ten years or so. The Sonic Boom cartoon is proving itself to be consistently good as well. As lame as the "Buster" episode was, it still had more laughs than a typical AOSTH cartoon.

Sciz

We're living in weird times when all of the narrative-focused offshoots of the franchise are quality products much more consistently than the games themselves. I want to be down on the movie on principle, but I think the odds are actually in its favor here.

Village

...Well then

Not sure how it's gonna fit with live-action, but this is promising at least

Why do they constantly need to put sonic with actual people, it sucks. The people in sonic games being animals would have fixed a lot of criticism in retrospect.

Also boom the cartoon seems to be doing more than ok

TimmiT

...Well then

Not sure how it's gonna fit with live-action, but this is promising at least

Someone told me that they're going for something different than how Smurfs or Transformers did it, but I'm not sure where they said that. Anyway, it'll probably be a comedy considering the writers seem to specialize in that.

Village

pls go

Professor Pickle > you

Nah, b. All of em, they suck humans aren't visually interesting when sonic characters around and quite akward.

You think the whole elise thing would have been as awkward if she was some squirrel or some shit? I find the concept of animal planet and just eggman far more interesting and funny.

Village

loose?

don't hurt me hahaha

My phone increasing the already embarassing amounts of typos I make is not cause for harm. Now saying that... I dunno knuckles's and rouge's songs in sa2 are bad, you might get hurt.

As hurt as internet text can make you.

Sciz

I meant some sort of tower defense RPG, like a villain v. villain thing. It would need an OC Eggman foil though.

Nega already exists, just set him up as the "bad" guy. Even has his own henchbots already. Swipe the plot from Mario Land 2, replace the golden coins with Chaos Emeralds, and make the game a Pikmin clone where Eggman's on the field scrapping enemy bots and using their parts to rebuild the badnik army.

Sonic jacks the emeralds in the epilogue a la Wario Land to keep any actual villains from winning.

Nah dude, as poorly written and acted as that game was, taking the bestiality out would have made it better

I think if we can agree on ANYTHING shadow hog, its that.

Even if it was the smallest amount.
It still would have been a god-awful love story between a guy too interested in seeing all there is to see in the world to settle down and a princess who gets kidnapped and rescued at least four times over.

So, yes, it'd still have been just as awkward.

Knuckles isn't in much of a hurry to save Amy

man is terrible at his job

or maybe he remembers he doesn't need them to beat the game

I can't condone these hedgehog and jungle badger relationships.

Wait Sonic whipped himself up a spiffy jacket but left his foot bandages on? what a bum!

Psxphile

Sticks cleans up nice.

Last night's Steven Universe featured one of the principal characters going into a blatant Sonic Spin Attack™ to attack a horde of belligerent, sentient fruit.

tumblr_nfd6c8MLkw1s03lrno1_400.gif

Sciz

I don't think I got most of these references from this recent issue of Sonic Universe

Sandopolis golem and ICZ to LBZ are obvious.

MGZ panel is in reference to the fairly widespread crumbling terrain there.

MHZ panel refers to the wind trap Sonic hits at the start of Act 2.

CNZ panel is a callback to how Knuckles had to have had secret passages to get around and constantly stay one step ahead of Sonic, thereby letting him bypass otherwise unavoidable obstacles such as the barrel.

Right-middle is less clear, but probably supposed to be a section of Lava Reef, where Knuckles has barred off any passages going deeper to keep people from getting close to Hidden Palace again.

That Sega Hard Girls episode with Sonic, they're so low-budget Sonic and Eggman didn't even speak (and they usually get the VAs in for almost anything). Something weirdly charming about it, though. The music sampling was nice, and when Sonic was running around that Point Break terrain...

Top Bottom