• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

What the hell is with this Sonic X Megaman stuff?

They are old friends, after all.

VNrZPJS.jpg

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

Not to mention that Eggman and Wily get along suuuuuuuuuper-well. Their dialogue in the comics were really good and completely made the series for me.

BTW that list you posted is tinyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...
That's just what I deem as GotY-worthy. I've played 74 games so far this year (mostly before school started and then I didn't have a lot of time to do much of anything other than work). See:

capturerwqfx.png

Most of which aren't GotY-tier and many of which are generally old. I did part of my Summer of RPGs project this summer when I wasn't dying of sick and caught up on most of the Famicom stuff I didn't bother to play and some of them have good ideas but are poorly-executed. Replayed a bunch of Ultima games. Replayed Baldur's Gate stuff and relived a time when Bioware gave a fuck. Just played a lot of CRPGs and older RPGs and had a lot of fun instead of drowning in a bunch of stuff I know isn't very good. EDIT: I should probably count some of my CRPG/Ultima re-plays on my list. That'd bring the total of games played to over 80, honestly.

Honestly, I just can't bring myself to care enough this year, and since the LTTP vote was scrapped, that lowered my desire to vote. Just tells me that people don't feel like having fun with it. If I did make a list at this point, I'd probably write it elsewhere.

platinum n/a

wat r u doin
My last plat was probably Amnesia V Edition. Can't muster the patience for Danganronpa 2 anymore but did Island mode twice. I'm getting through lots of games faster this way (ie: doing almost everything but the kitchen sink) without bothering to get all the cheevs.

It's not too late for you all to go play The Talos Principle and be pleasantly amazed by how great it is just in time for the GOTY voting. /plug
Downloaded the demo last night since this hotel has unlimited Internet. Hope it's okay. If it doesn't trigger my motion sickness and I like it enough I might drop the $40 on it.

Village

I have been recommended Freedom Planet on multiple occasions, I like sonic , they have heard and have seen that and made some sort of connection. But I'm just really not feeling it , it does nothing for me. Hmm.

Directly Sonic Related: For those who read the comics, how are ya'll feeling the start of the new universe arc?

Tizoc

I have been recommended Freedom Planet on multiple occasions, I like sonic , they have heard and have seen that and made some sort of connection. But I'm just really not feeling it , it does nothing for me. Hmm.

Directly Sonic Related: For those who read the comics, how are ya'll feeling the start of the new universe arc?

It's OK so far, I personally am waiting for this current arc to end since it is not interesting me much.

where is owl's goty list

properly formatted pls

Reserved

Actually it's sloooowly making progress, it's gotten a bit sidelined because the lightbulb for my soundtrack of the year writeup finally switched on over the weekend so that's the one that'll drop first, heck I'll even need a round 2 for that since I still got my LTTP candidates as well as other odds and ends on the VGM front.

My GotY list currently has a vacant spot at the bottom and I'm just not sure what to fill it with quite yet, hoping I can maybe squeeze a few more games in before deadline to possibly plug that gap.

Hang on, where's your list? plenty of JC in that voting thread but I'm still waiting on the main event won no doubt by your most hyped "game of the forever" Captain Toad.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The secret is that JC reserved his list on Page One when he called people out for reserving posts.

See, I thought Reserved was the hottest game on the block in all the voting threads that I didn't know about since I don't pay as much attention to games anymore, so I didn't say anything. I don't really see a point either, but I ain't gonna call people out since I'm not counting votes until the end.

Reserved

Actually it's sloooowly making progress, it's gotten a bit sidelined because the lightbulb for my soundtrack of the year writeup finally switched on over the weekend so that's the one that'll drop first, heck I'll even need a round 2 for that since I still got my LTTP candidates as well as other odds and ends on the VGM front.

My GotY list currently has a vacant spot at the bottom and I'm just not sure what to fill it with quite yet, hoping I can maybe squeeze a few more games in before deadline to possibly plug that gap.

Hang on, where's your list? plenty of JC in that voting thread but I'm still waiting on the main event won no doubt by your most hyped "game of the forever" Captain Toad.

working on my list, but let me tell you a secret. A secret only you and I can know, nobody look at this post

I'm serious stop reading non-nocturnowl people

STOPPP

SPOILERS

I still haven't opened my Captain Toad case

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I see that in the time I've been gone, JC's descended into Scrub League status when it comes to puzzle games.

The game's like 7-10 hours long, man!

Anth0ny

Had my last exam yesterday

Finishing Bayo 2 now

My Captain Toad is also still sealed

I'm at the first gym in Pokemon

Haven't started Shovel Knight yet, and I'm probably like 40% through Dark Souls II

ughhhhhhhhhh

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I thought it wasn't gonna be so bad.

Now I just don't know what to say. I had ten exams this semester and even I managed to clear the first book in Captain Toad.
hiDzeoB.png

...come to think of it, I don't even think I bought any new games this year, let alone played anything new. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 are probably it, if you wanna count those. I'm not counting Ultra Street Fighter, and I don't really play Steam much, if at all. If I look into my 3DS games, then I guess there's Kirby Triple Deluxe. Pokemon XY were kind of a bust, and Smash Brothers got overshadowed by the WiiU version.

Man...this year sucked!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
People reading my super secret message, no shame the lot of ya!
I'm not ashamed of not voting for DKC in any of the assorted voting threads, either! :V
(Good soundtrack and okay game, but there are three that I liked more this year.)

...speaking of which, I didn't remember that Sonic Boom had music so I have to consider the soundtrack for one of my random assorted "awards".

I'm not ashamed of not voting for DKC in any of the assorted voting threads, either! :V

Well I can't blame you for not wanting to add another vote to the ever increasing tally you'll be counting up for Tropical Freeze's OST, it seems you've been busy enough after all!

Yeah, well I'm not ashamed of not voting for uhhh either version of Sonic Boom....yeah, take that.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'll just trust that JC was spending lots and lots of time with Bayo 2 to even bother with Captain Toad.

If you liked the madness that was last year's A Moment of Archie Sonic blog, someone's doing a similar teardown of the entire series, issue by issue: Thanks Ken Penders
Holy Christ, looking at these years later is mindblowing. I have them all but I haven't looked at them in years.

Some of Spaz's first work, too. Thank the lord he gets better since then.

9TmLx4p.png

SPAZ NO

-------------

PENDERS NO

http://thankskenpenders.tumblr.com/tagged/StH 31/chrono

Village

Making Sonic Adventure's controls worse? Well, yeah, that's pretty horrible.

At least it's arguably making Sonic 2K6 better.

I support anything that, specifically for hilarity reasons.

It's OK so far, I personally am waiting for this current arc to end since it is not interesting me much.

Sounds like me and there werehog in the comic

" are still humoring this shitty idea that makes knuckles irrelevant as a character and doesn't need to exist because there are several characters that serve that fuction, tell me when you are done. Tell me when you are done because this is stupid. "
village confirmed for no soul

rip village :C

One thing I love is aesthetic, and it doesn't do much for me visually, epically the character designs.

Tizoc

Merry X-Mas ya'all.
I should spend my night shift writing some stuff up buuuuuuuuuuuuut instead I'm gonna lazy it out and watch League of LEgend streams =_=

Regiruler

I completely blew up at the stocking hanging and secret santa exchange, making me feel like shit, and the platinum tease is a fucking wallpaper calender whose proportions aren't even right.

Bah humbug.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Merry Christmas, everyone!

M86v40G.jpg

Also, to Beef: Merry Beefmas! Happy birfday~

900x900px-ll-fabf3b3zpumo.jpeg

You said you wanted an ice cream cake when I had asked and apparently this is an ice cream cake.

Good night. Just came home from midnight mass and I'm sheepy.

Top Bottom