• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Anth0ny

Sega to cut 300 jobs (heavily arcade/pub staff), refocusing on digital/mobile/PC [Up] #1

I wonder what this means for the next console Sonic... ugh.

The amount of Sonic R songs not making the final vote cut is saddening.

And some fiend put "Can You Feel the Sunshine" in the WORST category. >:|

EDIT: Speaking of which, there's so many nominations in those categories that's it's hard to narrow it down. Everyone hates so much!

Alright, I'm done compiling the votes. Two things before I put it up, though:

1) There may be one or two categories where there's not exactly 5 choices. This is because of the number of nominations being spread too far, and no real way of narrowing it down other than randomly cutting something (at least in one category's case). I'm working on the other one now (for the curious, it's Best Theme Music) but the other category is gonna have 6 instead of 5. So if your OCD is going off, then my apologies.

Also I've already went and narrowed everything else to 5, and going back to bring things up to 6 would probably take another week and

DD1RhiT.gif

2) Does anyone wanna make quick background for the voting page, or is everyone fine with me reusing what I did for the nominations page?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I actually have that on my Walkman. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But that bias... I dunno if I can take u 4 srs n e more...

Sega to cut 300 jobs (heavily arcade/pub staff), refocusing on digital/mobile/PC [Up] #1

Sonic seems fine. Further games for Sonic Boom, I dunno.

It was me

and I posted here that I did it
wXcpUu1.png
aDWwCZ9.png

I dunno who you are anymore, breh.

TimmiT

Won't affect Sonic aside from maybe potential future Sonic Boom games, if those plans weren't thrown in the trash already. This mainly affects SEGA America and the arcade division.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You have a walkman?
Actually I don't blame you.

Does it use the same interface as the walkman app in sony's phone line? Because that is the shit.
Yep, it's pretty similar. I enjoy the UI a lot. Really easy to use, and the walkman's small enough that I can just keep it in my lap or gym tights' pocket/the elliptical bottle holder when I'm at the gym.

how do you go fast with a walkman
The music speeds it up. :V

Tizoc

Bored so thought I'd share my top 10 comic series of the past year
#1 Transformers: MTMTE
#2 Megaman
#3 Multiversity
#4 Daredevil
#5 Sonic Universe
#6 Superior Foes of Spiderman
#7 Annihilator
#8 Southern Bastards
#9 Rat Queens
#10 Saga

Also...Ever felt like you wish you could 'split yourself'? So one part of you is doing your job, the other is finishing up your backlog and another would be doing some other ish you've been putting off due to lack of time/

So I guess I'll just reuse the same background and stuff for the official vote page since nobody responded. It should be up by the time I leave for work tomorrow.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ahaha, I never realized that before. Windy Hill's the better stage, anyway.

So I guess I'll just reuse the same background and stuff for the official vote page since nobody responded. It should be up by the time I leave for work tomorrow.
We knew that we wouldn't be able to prevent it.

Tizoc

What can SEGA do to succeed?
Well from what I'm seeing, they're succeeding rather well so far :V

I think it's a nice joke that Sonic beat Segata Sanshiro.

There's emphasis on the first "the", as in he's saying "I did not lose to some Sonic the Hedgehog poseur, but the Sonic the Hedgehog". It's legitimate grammar.

Falk

that puzzling face
For the longest time when I was a kid I read the box art and title screen as The Sonic Hedgehog.

I've been staring at the best theme song question for like 5 minutes and can't pick my favourite.
The top youtube comment is making a good case for the Sonic Rider one though:
FIKOtZa.png
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Well, it reminds me of that post, anyway

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I am legitimately shocked that one never made it in since we spent like... ALMOST FOUR YEARS talking about it (both it and the Unleashed ver)

EDIT: Forget that.
Where is SUPER SONIC RACING

TheOGB

Banned
Final choices seem kinda vanilla, but then I remember some of the shit I nominated, lol. Lack of Sonic R is sad though.

Warms my heart to see the Marina Madness/Bill Withers mashup made the cut. One of the most underrated Sonic mashups for sure.
I'm glad it made the cut. This is my first time hearing it, and it's damn good.

I will say this

The order of the songs in each category, from top to bottom, are what got the most noms before the top 5 cutoff.
Crisis City got more votes than Kingdom Valley, etc

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
How many people nominated stuff overall?

Not going to lie, the picture for that Crisis City/Open Your Heart Mashup is a pretty cool concept. A Generations 2 boss fight where Iblis is unleashed, and you willingly charge up Chaos back into Perfect Chaos to help fight him?

Maybe it should just happen in the comics.
That's not a bad idea, though. I mean... the execution might be wonky since some of Gens' boss fights weren't that great outside of a select few, but it sounds like a good idea.

Well, they managed to design a competent Silver boss fight in Generations. That has to count for something, I guess.

The Generations team really needs to announce the next game. I'm getting withdrawls goddamn

Gravijah

Why no other option/write in for the poll? A lot of my own personal choices wouldn't really be in there. Plus having so many required questions is weird.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
GRAVIJAH!!! OH MY GOSH! ;~;

I missed you. I've wanted to contact you for a while but I didn't know if you logged into GAF anymore and I didn't know which channels you frequented anymore. ;~;

Well, they managed to design a competent Silver boss fight in Generations. That has to count for something, I guess.

The Generations team really needs to announce the next game. I'm getting withdrawls goddamn
Sonic Team's doing Sonic Runners. That should be... like Rayman Jungle Run, I think (which is a good thing; I liked that game).

I want a new Sonic game too. Been too long, and the last one I played was... no good.

Write-ins would lead to one-off votes. Not a fan of that possibility.

And only SEVEN people (not including myself) nominated songs. And this was with me leaving the poll open for a week and a half.

Write-ins would lead to one-off votes. Not a fan of that possibility.

And only SEVEN people (not including myself) nominated songs. And this was with me leaving the poll open for a week and a half.

Seven? As in the 7 Chaos Emeralds?

This has to mean something...

Seriously though, that really sucks.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I wrote a list for the Game of the Generation thread.

1. Mega Man X7 ; I replayed this game in 2013 and I was not prepared to be revisited by some of the best storytelling in mega man x lore. The new character, axl, struck a chord with young people who played shadow the hedgehog and listened to nu-metal music. His whining when there’s nothing to do resonated with many of the teenagers who played the ps2 so this is why he should be the main character of the game because red alert is way cooler than the maverick hunters. and x had his time in the sun. it’s completely right that he was an unlockable character by doing some convoluted thing, because this is axl’s show now. x has no place here. mega man x7 also has some of the best voice clips on the playstation two console. It brings me joy to hear burn to the ground burbur burn to the ground a lot. the controls were some of the best mega man x controls ever too. it looked cool because we don’t have 2d sprites for mega man anymore. no one wants to see 2d! it also has some of the best level design in the entire series.

2. Jak II ; naughty dog's emerging cinematic tendencies made the jak and daxter ip shine here. with the emerging markets realizing that gta/sandbox-esque games were what the people wanted, naughty dog took its plucky heroes and sent them on a dark shadow the hedgehog-esque adventure because that's what all the kids were into with them there linkin park jams. it's a story that made an entire generation of new game players realize that video games can feel pain and joy.

3. Daikatana ; worth the wait, better than its predecessors quake 3 and unreal tournament :V

4. Kabuki Warriors ; i can win the matches by not even learning the moves! it is the best way to learn how to button-mash like a prostar

5. Charlie's Angels ; better than ffx-2. best character models, and the best controls you could ever ask for. better than the ff8 game that the kids were playing in the one scene in the first movie.

6. Big Rigs ; the art of the glitch where you race backwards and somehow win the game and spin around in a circle is cool

7. Drake of the 99 Dragons ; the hottest dual-wielding gunplay system around in video games. better than devil may cry 3

8. Miami Vice ; it doesn’t look like it’s based on the TV show but man it has some of the best bugs in video games!

9. aquaman ; any game that inspires a golden mullet award is ok

10. Metroid Prime ; for AniHawk

x. dirge of cerberus ; gackt's finally IN a video game
x. shadow the hedgizzle ; gunz

The Android OT

You'll figure out why I'm linking it pretty fast.
LOL. It's so true, too.

I'm just glad there were enough noms to make the poll.
you promised us numbers. :mad:

Top Bottom