• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Oh cool, top of the page. Time for some numbers, as requested.

(An underlined choice means I nominated it)
(I'm also probably going to be using "vote" and "nominate" interchangeably here, so apologies)

BEST THEME MUSIC
Ungravitify, from Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity - 4 votes
Knight of the Wind, from Sonic & the Black Knight - 4 votes
Sonic CD (Sonic Boom) - 4 votes
Open Your Heart (Sonic Adventure) - 3 votes
Sonic and Knuckles (Title Screen) - 3 votes

No real controversies here.

BEST LEVEL MUSIC
Crisis City Act 2 (Modern), from Sonic Generations - 4 votes
Chemical Plant Zone (Sonic 2) - 4 votes
Ice Cap Zone, Act 1 (Sonic 3) - 3 votes
Sea Bottom Segue, Sonic Lost World - 3 votes
Kingdom Valley - Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) - 3 votes

Rooftop Run was only nominated 3 times (mine included). The reason it didn't make the cut was because it simply didn't receive a high enough number compared to the other noms that also got 3 votes (that's why I asked you all to rank them 1-10 or 1-5 accordingly). It sucks, but them's the breaks. =|

BEST VOCAL TRACK
Pumpkin Hill, Sonic Adventure 2 - 6 votes
With Me, from Sonic & the Black Knight - 4 votes
Sonic Boom (Sonic CD) - 4 votes
Escape from the City, Sonic Adventure 2 - 3 votes
Live and Learn (Sonic Adventure 2) - 3 votes

No controversies, other than the fact that nothing I nominated made the last cut, lol. Super Sonic Racing was also only nominated twice...once in two different categories. Even with my nomination adding on, it wouldn't have made it. =|

BEST SPECIAL STAGE MUSIC
Sonic 2 - 3 votes
Sonic CD (JPN) - 2 votes
Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn)
Sonic Heroes (Emerald Challenge)
Chaotix (Tube Panic)
Sonic Colors (DS)

This was one of the categories where I had no way of lowering it down to 5, so I said "fuck it."

BEST BOSS THEME
Sonic Unleashed (VS Egg Dragoon) - 5 votes
Sonic 2 (Final Boss/Death Egg) - 4 votes
Sonic 3 (Final Boss/Big Arms) - 4 votes
Sonic 3K (Final Boss/Doomsday Zone) - 4 votes
Sonic Generations (Big Arms) - 4 votes

Nothing to add here, other than the fact that I was shocked Egg Dragoon had so many nominations.

BEST CREDITS THEME
Sonic 3 - 4 votes
Sonic 2 Credits Medley - 3 votes
Sonic Generations - End Credits Medley - 3 votes
Never Look Back - Shadow the Hedgehog - 3 votes
Dear My Friend (Unleashed) - 3 votes

Nothing to add.

BEST MASH-UP
CAN'T TOUCH THIS BATTERY - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5YWHDxyRL4 - 2 votes
The Ghostbusters Escape From The City - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrLSgac3WmM - 2 votes
Smooth Criminal Ice Cap Zone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDU06GMFhOQ
Pull Over (That Metal Too Fast) - http://youtu.be/yNpMiT5qpyI
Crisis City/Open Your Heart - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNXAFGtsLww
Just The Two Of Us - Marina Madness Remix (Knuckles' Chaotix) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4G-esS8c7g

I had never heard of some of these, which was cool.

voteforcan'ttouchthisbattery

BEST OVERALL SOUNDTRACK
Sonic Unleashed - 7 votes
Sonic Generations - 6 votes
Sonic 2 - 6 votes
Sonic 3 & Knuckles - 6 votes
Sonic Adventure 1 - 6 votes

Nothing to add aside from my surprise at how much love Unleashed's soundtrack gets. Not "bad" surprise, just "wow."

WORST MUSIC IN A LEVEL
Nocturne - Sonic Chronicles - 5 votes
Central City (Sonic Chronicles) - 2 votes
Options Screen (Sonic Spinball) - 2 votes
Sonic CD - You Can Do Anything - 2 votes
Spring Yard Zone (Sonic 1 GBA) - 2 votes

1) LMAO @ Nocturne being #1
2) Toot Toot Warrior sucks. >:|

WORST OVERALL SOUNDTRACK
Sonic Chronicles - 8 votes
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric - 5 votes
Sonic 1 GBA - 4 votes
Sonic 4 Episode 1 - 3 votes
Sonic 4 Episode 2 - 3 votes

No shockers here!

So that's it, basically. The tracks people wanted simply weren't nominated enough.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Guys, Nocturne is legit not the worst Sonic theme ever. There are worse tracks than that in that particular game itself! Sonic 1 GBA's garbage soundtrack speaks for itself.

I'm still surprised that no Sonic R music made it on. I guess that's what happens when only eight people participate. Oh well!

And Beef, from my perspective, Unleashed is one of the most consistent soundtracks in the entire Sonic repertoire. I think Sciz and I have talked about it avidly time and time again before, but the breadth and depth of the entire soundtrack's soundscape, right down to many of the live instruments used throughout many of the tracks to symbolize a world adventure is brilliant.

I absolutely completely love that soundtrack and out of the soundtracks from last gen, that's the one I revisit all the time because it is just so damned consistent and well-mixed and super-good and damn it, I love it.

#TeamSonicUnleashed

Speaking of which, it really really sucks that Melpontro and Dario ff are getting copyright notices for their videos because they're using Sonic music or because of mods used(?). It doesn't seem like Sega's doing anything about it, and it's crappy.

TheOGB

Banned
I keep voting for underdogs

I'm surprised 3 people actually remembered Kingdom Valley, and then voted it high enough to make it in the final 5.

Guys, Nocturne is legit not the worst Sonic theme ever. There are worse tracks than that in that particular game itself! Sonic 1 GBA's garbage soundtrack speaks for itself.
The Sonic Chronicles soundtrack is at least laughable, but Sonic 1 GBA and Sonic Spinball's options menu are actively offensive. :(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Exactly. I don't know if it's Stockholm Syndrome or not, but Nocturne makes me laugh when before, I internally asking, "well, what the eff is this?". The entirety of Sonic Chronicles's soundtrack is just like that: the tracks are bad, but they're so bad that they're funny. You can't even recognize that some of them are arrangements of other themes if you're not well-versed in Sonic music, as I'd learned earlier tonight. Central City's crap, though. That crap sounds worse than an untrained keyboard cat.

And I know we make fun of Meow Mix Episode I and Dying Ducks Episode II (which, in hindsight wasn't even that awful by comparison), but there are themes worse than that across both Sonic 1 GBA and Sonic Chronicles.

Sonic 1 GBA's soundtrack is even more of an atrocious arrangement because... well... listen to this stuff. This soundtrack, when I shared tracks of it with other people, evokes more horror and incredulity than Sonic Chronicles' stuff. It's so familiar to people, but it misses so many elements that they know (the percussion, the soundfont (and stuff like this sounds even more pronounced in Genesis/MD -> GBA conversions than SNES -> GBA conversions to a lot of people), punch, the bass, etc). So it rightfully gets slagged.

Sonic 1 GBA is poopy.
Sonic Chronicles is funny.
Dying Ducks Episode II is one track's worth of funny.
Meow Mix Episode I is zzzzzz.

Guys I am having a very hard time believing Sonic beat up Segata Sanshiro
B84Q3_NCMAAgalY.jpg

What issue is that screen taken from? I need to read that.

I wrote a list for the Game of the Generation thread.

2. Jak II ; naughty dog's emerging cinematic tendencies made the jak and daxter ip shine here. with the emerging markets realizing that gta/sandbox-esque games were what the people wanted, naughty dog took its plucky heroes and sent them on a dark shadow the hedgehog-esque adventure because that's what all the kids were into with them there linkin park jams. it's a story that made an entire generation of new game players realize that video games can feel pain and joy.
Sad reality of this is that even in jest you've probably made a more convincing argument than any of the people genuinely voting for this wretched game.

Exactly. I don't know if it's Stockholm Syndrome or not, but Nocturne makes me laugh when before, I internally asking, "well, what the eff is this?". The entirety of Sonic Chronicles's soundtrack is just like that: the tracks are bad, but they're so bad that they're funny. You can't even recognize that some of them are arrangements of other themes if you're not well-versed in Sonic music, as I'd learned earlier tonight. Central City's crap, though. That crap sounds worse than an untrained keyboard cat.
This is why I had to go vote for the boredom of Sonic Boom, yeah Chronicles is a mess but it's almost as enjoyably bad as Resident Evil Directors Cut Basement.

Sciz

I was expecting a lot of the old standbys to make the cut, but some of these picks are perplexing, even as dark horse candidates.

Warms my heart to see the Marina Madness/Bill Withers mashup made the cut. One of the most underrated Sonic mashups for sure.
I'm glad it made the cut. This is my first time hearing it, and it's damn good.

It was either that or this one, and the thematic serendipity won out.

And for the record, the Colors DS special stage music doesn't loop. Listen to it allllll.

Sami+

So I wrote a big-ass post about why Sonic 3 is the best shit ever over on SSMB, figured it wouldn't hurt to share here. Hope you guys like it lol -

maxresdefault.jpg

mmf, beautiful

so hey are you guys ready to hear a story

good, because I'm about to tell you one.

Once upon a time there were these good ass games called Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and everyone loved them because they were beautiful lovely games and everyone was in perfect harmony over this and mankind had finally achieved world peace because honestly these games were just that fuckin good

so when it was time to make a sequel a lot of people were wondering where the hell they could even go from there - and low and behold SEGA was thinking the same thing. So they got the dream team together and said "yo nakasans we need you to make-a us this game" and nakasan said "ok" and the nakasan and the yasuharasan got together in the meeting room and said, quote - "yo we're gonna make this one big as fuck" in Japanese.

thing was though, there were complications because their game was gonna be SO FUCKING BIG IT DIDN'T EVEN FIT IN THE CARTRIDGE 

sources say they tried everything including banging it in with a hammer but all that did was break the cartridge

so you know how SEGA of today just kind of tosses games out whether they're done or not and Sonic Team just kinda goes with it? Well pre-Sonic Team Sonic Team weren't nobodies bitches and they decided to split that shit into TWO GAMES called Sonic 3 Part 1 and Sonic 3 Part 2

Yeah, that's right, this was a fucking saga. Too bad the stupid name changed. Came out in two parts in the same year and it was the best shit ever

But anyway so today I was gonna talk about why this game is the best shit ever, because it is. It's the perfect Sonic. It is the Sonic's final form. A Sonic distilled into pure perfection. If you went back in time and met Michelangelo and told him "make the perfect sonic" he'd be like 

54d0f1beea2d0.png

so let's talk about why

FROM THE TOP

54d0f2775c3fe.png

So you've been playing this game for all of ten seconds and already FWOOSH SUPER SONIC 

now if you've played Sonic 2 this is cool already because you know Super Sonic is the shit and you know that you got the chaos emeralds so you're like "sweet I still got my shit"

and if you haven't played sonic 2 (go do that stupid) then you're like "WOAH WHAT THAT'S SO COOL I CAN'T WAIT TO PL-"

tumblr_mkccqngCgW1r0g5ibo1_500.gif

son of a BITCH

so now no matter what game you played you're wondering who the hell this dude is and what his beef is with you, because he kinda just suckerpunched you and that shit isn't cool. The game grabbed you. You've been playing for all of ten seconds and the game already has you in its hands.

So you press on and the first thing you notice is that the game is really fucking pretty

like Sonic 1 and 2 and CD were nice and all but this is just on a whole other level, it's insane

54d0e7a73ba37.png

everything is super detailed and crisp and it almost feels like you're looking at a real place. It's colorful and lush but the game doesn't use that as an excuse to skimp out on the life-like details which is fucking rad

so if while you're playing you're not a kid with ADD and like to go in a direction that's not right all the time the game lets you find cool goodies and shit like -

Sonic-the-hedgehog-3_040.gif

"holy smokes Sonic that's a big ass ring!"

so you see this thing and run up to collect it like any other rings when FWOOSH

Sonic%20and%20Knuckles%20%20Blue%20Sphere%20Plus_Aug3%2021_33_10.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPdzzRpkE9c
if you don't like this song you're weird

SPECIAL STAGE TIME COLLECT BLUE SPHERE

so ok you know how I said Sonic 1 and 2 were super great games that cured world hunger 

well that's still true but sadly their special stages were SHIT

Come_to_papa.png

ugh

s2-other-specialstage5img2.png

ugh

tumblr_n6b0nhurdy1takxqzo6_500.jpg

UUUUGGGGHHHH

see unlike the other ones Blue Sphere was actually really fucking fun (I could play that shit all day) and they knew it because they literally made an entire game out of it 

also it was in full 3D - that was cool at the time. Back in 1994 real life was in 2D so 3D was pretty revolutionary

make this shit a mobile game, I'd play it

but anyway so you collect chaos emerald and go back into Angel Island Zone. All of a sudden though - 

FB.png

WH- 

SMOKEY WOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOU EGGMAN

Yeah that's right Sonic 3 has an actual story that's always developing, which is pretty god damn rad. See, this was 1994. Back then platformers didn't do the whole "story" thing. Most games in general were just like "ok go from here to here don't forget to jump" but was Sonic 3 ok with that?

FUCK NO SONIC 3 WAS BETTER THAN THAT

Sonic 3 always gave context to every little thing you did. Eggman and Knuckles were in your face constantly trying to ruin your day. 

But I'll save the rest of the story talk till later, let's focus on other stuff for now.

MUSIC

ITS FUCKING GOOD. Michael Jackson worked on it. THE Michael Jackson. Because he was a huge Sonic fan because these games were just that fuckin good. Listen to some of this shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5sGV7Jw2s8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyA_XahL7dQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcRHBgGHtwo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yStMqWTu-lw

if this shit was any funkier nobody would even bother making music anymore because everyone would know mankind peaked with Sonic 3

LEVEL DESIGN

As many know, Sonic 2 was very praised for having good level design. Had lots of different paths, lots of speed, good platforming - it was good. So like where do you even go from th-

s3-lbz-act2map.png

4r3I76u.gif

JESUS CHRIST THESE LEVELS ARE HUGE

ok so for real though it's so easy to get lost in some of these levels because sweet baby jesus they're fucking immense, that's some Metroid shit right there. There's so much room for hidden stuff like Giant Rings that it's just fun running around and taking in the sights

feels like you're in an actual place man, and that's fuckin cool

PHYSICS AND CONTROL

now this isn't just a Sonic 3 thing, but whatever I want to talk about it 

classic sonic physics man. They're perfect. You know the saying - "pinballyness is close to godliness" and it's god damn true

FUN FACT - blast processing was actually a thing, not just marketing. I mean it was, but it actually did have tangible benefits. The Genesis CPU was pretty gosh diddly darn fast, meaning it can process a bunch of cool shit without slowing down - that's blast processing. 

Now the legendary Nakasan was an amazing coder and was somehow able to pump all of these physics calculations into potato hardware, which was crazy. Thanks to that, Sonic feels PERFECT. Every little movement is logical. He's got flow. He's got rhythm. All of that was controlled by just one D-Pad and button. One button. God damn. 

idk what else to say other than that shit felt really really good to play

CHARACTERS

WANNA KNOW THE COOLEST GOD DAMN THING ABOUT SONIC 3 OTHER THAN EVERYTHING

s3-other-dataselectimg2.png

THIS SHIT WAS

Sonic 3's got ya main boy Sonic

its got his homie Tails

its got this new edgy red dude

"oh but my favorite character is Sha-" NO

THEY ALL GET DIFFERENT ROUTES AND POWERS AND IT GIVES YOU A LEGIT GOOD REASON TO PLAY THE GAME THREE TIMES AND THAT KIDDOS IS CALLED GOOD REPLAY VALUE

OK BACK TO STORY

ok so thats about everything I can think of - the music is perfect the graphics are perfect the level design is perfect

so yeah here we go back to story

alright so there are some cool ass moments in between Angel Island and the big finale. Synopses are lame as fuck though so I'm gonna just highlight the amazing bits

*ahem*

sonic3-angel_island_zone-00000034761.png

THATS COOL

s3-mgz-boss2img2.png

THATS COOL

1394687905253.jpg

TH- mm

s2.png

THATS COOL

1402143740758.png

THATS COOL

Snow_Sonic1--article_image.jpg

COOL

video_thumbnail_2928851.png

COOL

Lava_Reef_Act_3.png

REALLY FUCKING COOL

so you beat Lava Reef and find the Hidden Palace

Knuckles is waiting for you in there and you FINALLY get to beat his ass 

cM78hBk.jpg

oh hey whats that thing in the background 

PLOT

so you beat him up, Eggman takes the emerald, and Knuckles realizes he was being a dumb prick and helps you out. We all know the story. 

I wrote a thing about the final boss and ending in another thread - 

Just compare some bosses.

hqdefault.jpg

The final fucking showdown. After two games worth of levels in one long and arduous slog to the Death Egg, Eggman has mounted his final, most powerful line of defense. After wrecking what looked like the final boss and seeing the Emerald literally inches away from you, trapped inside a muscled glass case...

54cc543954b57.png

You finally finish him after fighting the hardest battle in the game... only for him to fly the fuck away with the emerald in tow. You desperately chase after him but run out of ground to run on. 

The emeralds!

Doomsday1stboss.PNG

Having run completely out of options, Sonic gets serious and leaps into space, transforming into Super Sonic and soaring towards Eggman at full speed , dodging meteorites and missiles along the way. With some fast reflexes and finesse, Sonic outwits Eggman - using his own weapons against him to destroy his ship.

After a few hits Eggman's vessel finally goes down and Sonic's wo-

wait is that-

"DOES THIS SON OF A BITCH EVER GIVE UP" - me playing sonic 3

sonic-3-knuckles-image-6.jpg

YOU'RE RUNNING OUT OF RINGS, MAN. YOU THOUGHT IT WAS OVER. IN A LAST DITCH EFFORT EGGMAN CAREENS FORWARD AT FULL SPEED IN A DESPERATE ATTEMPT TO GET AWAY. 

TENSIONS ARE HIGH AS FUCK ON BOTH SIDES WITH EGGMAN'S SHIP ON ITS LAST LEGS AND SONIC RUNNING OUT OF RINGS

THERE'S NO TIME FOR FINESSE NOW, JUST RAM RIGHT THE FUCK INTO HIM AT FULL SPEED UNTIL HE EXPLODES

You FINALLY take him down for the last time, grab the Master Emerald, and return to its rightful place. Angel Island rises triumphantly back into the sky, Knuckles returns to his job as guardian, and Sonic and Tails fly away to their next adventure.

maxresdefault.jpg

so yo

playing that

you know that little tingly thing you felt when you played that? Those are called feelings. They're cool. They make you give a shit about stuff.

Compare to something else:

2_sonics_vs_2_eggmans_by_sonicx2011-d4e7prs.jpg

ok so like here we've got this big boring monster thing I guess

it's like eating time or something and it's making things white I guess because I don't know it just does that

he politely waits for you to finish three levels at a time before bothering you and even then all he really does is show you his cool flying moves so I guess he's a nice guy that's sweet of him

so you beat the nine levels which just happen to be in this white void that Sonic ended up in for some reason I guess and for some reason that unlocks keys that let you fight bosses and for some reason that lets you get to the Time Eater and Eggmans is like "yo sonic step to me bitch" and Sonics is like "ok hwah" and turn super and their friends just kinda stand there and are like "sonic you're so hot I love you baby watch out for that homing shot"

so you fight this boss that's in space for some reason and finish him and he explodes 

did you feel that tingly thing when you did that

'cause I didn't.

Stories matter.

Sonic 3's pretty fuckin good, basically. There's emotions, tension, buildup, setpieces, twists, the works, All without a single character speaking one word. The tone is in the perfect spot with just enough edge to be taken seriously, but not so much that it becomes dumb.

tl;dr sonic 3 has the best god damn story in a Sonic game ever because it's perfect  

OH ALSO HERE'S SOME OTHER SHIT YOU SHOULD KNOW 

1 - BEST VERSION OF THE GAME IS SONIC 3 COMPLETE. IT'S ON RETRO, IT'S THE REAL SONIC 3.
2 - SUPPORT THIS

RECAP

- LEVEL DESIGN IS PERFECT
- MUSIC IS PERFECT
- CONTROLS ARE PERFECT
- CHARACTERS ARE PERFECT
- STORY IS PERFECT
- GRAPHICS AND ART ARE PERFECT
- IT'S GOD DAMN PERFECT
- MAKE SONIC 3 BUT IN 3D NEXT PLEASE THANK YOU

54d101643dbbb.png

Tizoc

So I wrote a big-ass post about why Sonic 3 is the best shit ever over on SSMB, figured it wouldn't hurt to share here. Hope you guys like it lol -

It would help if you made a new thread about it too, but is this post for S3&K Complete or the original SEGA games?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I think the Level Design in Sonic 3 (and especially Knuckles) is a step-down though from 2. A lot of the levels are sort of dull and repetitive, or downright annoying as is the case with Carnival Night and Sandopolis.

It exceeds visually, but mechanically 2 is superior imo.

I think the Level Design in Sonic 3 (and especially Knuckles) is a step-down though from 2. A lot of the levels are sort of dull and repetitive, or downright annoying as is the case with Carnival Night and Sandopolis.

I don't know about that. I love Sonic 2, and the design isn't bad, but it's definitely more linear. Some of the branching paths in Sonic 3 and Knuckles are truly impressive. I guess it's hard to objectively call branching paths better than linear paths, so that all depends on what you want out of your Sonic.

Sami+

It would help if you made a new thread about it too, but is this post for S3&K Complete or the original SEGA games?

I might make a thread later - I kinda want to make an actual video out of it lol. Working on it.

Sandopolis is really long and frustrating, but I'd take it over Metropolis any day tbh.

Sami+

Oh wait, the poll is still open? I assumed it was over lol. Where's the introductory post so I can see what I'm voting on and such?

Edit -

Eh I'll just vote. I'm assuming I have to pick from the ones listed, right?

Best Opening Theme - Sonic Boom
Best level theme - Crisis City
Best vocal track - With Me
Best special stage theme - Sonic 2
Best Boss theme - Big Arms (Gens)
Best credits theme - Sonic 3
Best mashup - Pull Over That Metal Too Fast (Sonic Lost Dope Weed Ruins should have gotten a shot)
Worst whatever - Chronicles for both

Oh wait, the poll is still open? I assumed it was over lol. Where's the introductory post so I can see what I'm voting on and such?

Edit -

Eh I'll just vote. I'm assuming I have to pick from the ones listed, right?

Best Opening Theme - Sonic Boom
Best level theme - Crisis City
Best vocal track - With Me
Best special stage theme - Sonic 2
Best Boss theme - Big Arms (Gens)
Best credits theme - Sonic 3
Best mashup - Pull Over That Metal Too Fast (Sonic Lost Dope Weed Ruins should have gotten a shot)
Worst whatever - Chronicles for both
There's an actual poll. Lemme find the link.

Edit: http://goo.gl/forms/GclQFsBrFR

I was actually surprised when you said that you saw something in this game that could've been decent with more time/polish, I'd figured it an un-salvageable mess akin to 06.

The way I figure, Sonic 06 is so buggy that it's actually like the game is fighting against you. The game frequently bugs out in ways that kill you, so it's possible that you could just get stuck somewhere and the game would be actually impossible to finish.

Sonic Boom is funky, but it never kills you when it bugs out. It's mostly just tedious and kind of annoying. You can breeze on through to the end of the game fairly easily.

An "Extreme" difficulty unlocks after you finish the game, but that doesn't make anything better. As far as I can tell, "Extreme" difficulty just makes you take more damage from enemy attacks. Unfortunately, Sonic Boom's evasion mechanics aren't really up to snuff to handle that kind of stuff. Not that it matters; Sonic Boom's checkpointing system is hilariously generous from what I've seen.

I think you still care about Sonic's blue arms

I really don't, actually. I stopped noticing it after, like, ten minutes. It still looks kind of weird if I purposefully draw my attention to it, especially when you compare to the fact that Amy still has fleshy arms, but it's real easy to forget about.

I actually had a dream last night that Sega put out a patch for Rise of Lyric, but literally the only thing it did was change Sonic's arm color to a more traditional peach. Every single bug present in the game remained untouched.

3568-mah-nigga.jpg

These are pretty much my exact thoughts on Sonic 3, right down to the fuckin' amazeballs final boss sequence that'll probably never be topped by the series again.

I finally got around to watching the Cow Bot episode of Sonic Boom. I hadn't even realized I missed it at first.

It's weird how parts of it feel like they were lifted directly out of other episodes, with as small a pool as that is. Still some funny bits, played pretty well.

This is like the third or fourth time Sonic's helped Eggman fix things at his base, isn't it? (Depends on how you count it.) This is getting to be a weird running theme.

Tizoc

I hated Specter Knight's stage, but loved playing through King Knight's stage.
Also my strategy in boss fights: Do whatever.

1) We've got 25 votes for the Soundtrack Poll, which is great!
2) I think we briefly mentioned this, but should I "advertise" this vote in other threads?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That Sonic 3 post is great!

1) We've got 25 votes for the Soundtrack Poll, which is great!
2) I think we briefly mentioned this, but should I "advertise" this vote in other threads?
I mentioned it to people who don't post in this thread/probably don't post on gaf often anymore, so I don't see a reason to not advertise it in other threads.

Tizoc

EDIT: WAIT ONE FUCKING MINUTE
WAIT
WAIT
WAIT

Sonic 2's Specail Stage theme is the most liked? Sonic 2? You sure you don't mean 3?
Cuz as much as I like Sonic 2's SS theme, 3 beats it by a light year (at least).

So I had an epiphany:
I should make my list of my 10 GOAT games.
So far I got

Sonic 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Metal Slug 1-3 (I'm cheating by lumping them together but I don't want them to take more spots =X)
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes

4 games out of 10.

Seeing that I had my Gamecube out recently before I packed it up I was obligated to visit my SA2 Chao Garden and was reminded what a heartless crone Beef is, I could barely deal with these decade old chao skipping up to Sonic with adorable affection and busting out impromptu singing and a tambourine.
MY EMOTIONS!

So I have to ask, Beef do you ever boot up your old chao garden and abuse the chao with Eggman swipes and toe punts? is this like your equivalent act?

Seeing that I had my Gamecube out recently before I packed it up I was obligated to visit my SA2 Chao Garden and was reminded what a heartless crone Beef is, I could barely deal with these decade old chao skipping up to Sonic with adorable affection and busting out impromptu singing and a tambourine.
MY EMOTIONS!

So I have to ask, Beef do you ever boot up your old chao garden and abuse the chao with Eggman swipes and toe punts? is this like your equivalent act?

Why do you ask questions that you already know the answers to

-wipes Chao remains off of boot-

I look forward to "The Trial of Professor Beef" in the future.
Such damning evidence will no doubt include the unfilled vote ballots clogging up 123 fake street.

Unless being the head of Ace Attorney GAF also gives you Gant like high rank powers.

I look forward to "The Trial of Professor Beef" in the future.
Such damning evidence will no doubt include the unfilled vote ballots clogging up 123 fake street.

Unless being the head of Ace Attorney GAF also gives you Gant like high rank powers.

Good luck finding said evidence. My locker code isn't 7777777!

Sciz

Shogo Sakai's Kirby and the Rainbow Curse score an early frontrunner for Kirby Arrangement Album of the Year 2015, more as it develops.

Good luck finding said evidence. My locker code isn't 7777777!
Sharp as a tack Beefers!

Shogo Sakai's Kirby and the Rainbow Curse score an early frontrunner for Kirby Arrangement Album of the Year 2015, more as it develops.

While I was hoping for more new tracks I've just taken a look at and and am in the process of listening to the track listing since you said this and they've really reached out far and wide for some varied choices that I'm chuffed to see.

Sciz

While I was hoping for more new tracks I've just taken a look at and and am in the process of listening to the track listing since you said this and they've really reached out far and wide for some varied choices that I'm chuffed to see.

There's a lot of original work too, but it's more in the vein of his Mass Attack score in that it's pleasant to listen to but seldom strikes me as the sort of stuff that'll be remembered in a decade or two.

(which is the general problem I have with most of the series' music lately, to be fair)

There's a lot of original work too, but it's more in the vein of his Mass Attack score in that it's pleasant to listen to but seldom strikes me as the sort of stuff that'll be remembered in a decade or two.

(which is the general problem I have with most of the series' music lately, to be fair)
An issue I share for the most part.

There's a few Mass Attack tracks in here as well and I don't immediately recall most of them though granted it's one of my least replayed titles in the series, oddly unless I missed it Mass Attack's main theme Kirby Collecting isn't among them which was like the most memorable one.
Even among the new tracks there's still some remixes tucked away, it's like a never ending well of remixed tracks even by Kirby game standards.

Well I've got my favourite pair of Dreamland 2 tracks so I'm pretty pleased.

Top Bottom