• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

I've not played Astal, but you basically just walk from left to right. It's kind of like Treasure's GBA Astro Boy in that way - just brawling the whole way.

I wouldn't say they're comparable, myself. Astal does have quite a bit of legitimate platforming in later levels.

Astro Boy does the brawler thing where it'll lock the camera in to an arena until you beat up a certain number of things, Astal only ever really does that once (in the first level, for a story event).

Astal can't even really punch or anything. He throws enemies over his shoulder (one hit KO), he can slam them while he's in the air (one hit KO), he can stun them by punching the ground, he can stun them by bouncing on their heads, and he can stun them by sucking in a huge gust of air and blowing wind at them. But there is no "brawling" to speak of in the game.

I did an Astal video review, but it's so old that I find it hard to watch.

Tizoc

I wouldn't say they're comparable, myself. Astal does have quite a bit of legitimate platforming in later levels.

Astro Boy does the brawler thing where it'll lock the camera in to an arena until you beat up a certain number of things, Astal only ever really does that once (in the first level, for a story event).

Astal can't even really punch or anything. He throws enemies over his shoulder (one hit KO), he can slam them while he's in the air (one hit KO), he can stun them by punching the ground, he can stun them by bouncing on their heads, and he can stun them by sucking in a huge gust of air and blowing wind at them. But there is no "brawling" to speak of in the game.

I did an Astal video review, but it's so old that I find it hard to watch.

That game looks BEAUTIFUL =O

I think I originally had Astal under platformers, but decided there was more focus on combat and switched to brawler at the last second. It's kinda/sorta both, really? Even ignoring that it's a brawler without a basic punching attack (unless you count the aerial slam).

Tizoc

Made a list of 3DS suggestions thanks everyone.

Oh and I'm 2 Knights left before I get to the final parts of Shovel Knight and here are some quick impressions
1- Stage design is good, even when it is frustrating I tend to still end up liking it
2- Music is awesome
3- Bosses are so...easy! Compared to Freedom Planet's these guys are easily beaten by just doing the bouncing shovel attack lol
4- THE BAZ!
5- Stages aren't as long as FP which is IMHO good, but I HATE when I die and lose gems to collect them again =_= Why do some bags hover over effin' DEATH PITS, how am I supposed to shovel those?!

pje122

Has this been posted yet...?

zXkoqWO.png

Sciz

Even in the unlikely event that that is the case, the last thing people should be doing is drawing more attention to the guy.

Whoa, didn't know the whole Skies of Arcadia crew was going to be in.

Two of my favorite JRPG casts (BoF3 and Skies) meeting up in a Sonic comic. What a time to be alive.

Weiss

Banned
So apart from the promo we got, we are also seeing Fina, Aika, Gillius, BoF3!Ryu, Guile and Rei.

"niiice" doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling.

Tizoc

No seriously Sagat needs to be in this, or to have Ryu mistake Sigma for Sagat.

I need to find a Sigma gallery, I'm in the mood for a Sigma avatar...

If you really must Tizoc I only ask you use his constipated looking face from the Mega Man X stage select screen.
That was the first time I ever saw Sigma and thanks to it I'll always think of him as a straining baldie with clown makeup instead of a formidable foe like he is apparently supposed to be.

Sami+

Agh. I just bought a used Xbox (lovingly called "Dreamcast 2") with JSRF and Panzer Dragoon Orta, but the disc reader is either dirty or completely fucked. :(

Gonna have to go get it replaced. I tried cleaning it myself, but I don't have the right screwdriver to get into the disc drive and clean the laser. I can get it replaced for free but it's still a bummer.

Sami+

Didn't you test it before you bought it, or did you get it online or something like that?

I should have. Bought it in a local shop. Oh well though, I called the dude up on the phone and he said it wasn't a problem. I'll get it replaced tomorrow.

Anth0ny

<3 classic Sonic art.

Speaking of classic Sonic, I finally decided to pick up Sonic Generations 3DS today. Needed it for Club Nintendo coins, and I've always wanted to play this version. I'll be jumping into it... soon.

Anth0ny

Is it weird that my most desired remasters for PS4/XBone likely will never happen

Sonic Generations and Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

Tizoc

Is it weird that my most desired remasters for PS4/XBone likely will never happen

Sonic Generations and Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

You can sorta get the Generations remaster on Steam :p

Nuts and Bolts and all the Banjo games need to be on Steam, effin' Microsoft...

With all of the "Remastered Edition" stuff getting thrown-around for last gen games, it really might behoove Sega to do a Sonic Generations Remastered. 60fps, 1080p, officially include The Unleashed Project. Put the whole thing out for $40.

I mean, Remastered Editions are kind of lame, but... when in Rome, right?

Tizoc

This reminded me: What are SUMO Digital working on atm? Haven't heard a peep from them since SART iOS and the Ryu DLC.

This reminded me: What are SUMO Digital working on atm? Haven't heard a peep from them since SART iOS and the Ryu DLC.

They did the Xbox 360 port of Forza Horizon 2, and did Little Big Planet 3 all by themselves (and are still working on that -- they just pushed a patch the other day, going by their Twitter account)

Top Bottom