• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

With all of the "Remastered Edition" stuff getting thrown-around for last gen games, it really might behoove Sega to do a Sonic Generations Remastered. 60fps, 1080p, officially include The Unleashed Project. Put the whole thing out for $40.

I mean, Remastered Editions are kind of lame, but... when in Rome, right?

I was thinking this exact same thing earlier today. Weird.

Falk

that puzzling face
What exactly is wrong with the PC version?

Honest question from an old fart who doesn't 'get it' I guess

What exactly is wrong with the PC version?

Honest question from an old fart who doesn't 'get it' I guess

Nothing, I guess, but not everybody likes to mess with mods and Sonic Team has source-code access on top of that, lending to enhancements beyond what Dario might be able to accomplish for The Unleashed Project.

Like the sledding sequence in Cool Edge working the way it's supposed to, etc.

Falk

that puzzling face
Eh, I was thinking about Generations vanilla in general.

Although Generations and Unleashed in a bundle would be awesome. Just because Unleashed never had a 1080p/60fps version.

night levels are fun sue me

Sami+

I'd definitely buy an Unleashed/Generations bundle. Generations alone though... eh, I already bought it on PC like three times for varying reasons lol.

HUELEN10

So, I finally got caught up in Sonic comics this week. Now, I don't belive in souls, or past lives or otherkin or stuff like that...
3wEoPDX.jpg

5X49vuh.jpg

ZIYrGuI.jpg

65vc1pc.jpg

But I am 100% absolutely, totally, and positively convinced that Sticks is my spirit animal.

Threw Generations in for the first time in ages, loaded up classic Green Hill Zone and Knight of the Wind started playing because of course, why wouldn't I have Knight of the Wind as stage music wherever possible.

HUELEN10

Generations got me thinking how much it was lacking in handheld music...

I would have given anything for a Cyber Track medley, or Hot Crater playing.

Anth0ny

So I've been going through my backlog and I've recently completed:

Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
and I'm halfway through Gears 3 right now

and I haven't enjoyed any of them. I'm starting to believe cover based third person shooters just aren't for me...

BUT THEN I JUST PLAYED THROUGH VANQUISH AND IT WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE OMG

sonic gaf what's wrong (right?) with my tastes in shootan vidya

Tizoc

Oh man they're releasing the story arcs from pre-reboot where Scourge tried to take over Mobius, the arc where Mogul mind controls Sonic's friends is also collected, I always loved how he forced Sonic to set him free. Gonna look into getting those as I like Ian's approach to the characters as he abandoned much of the older stuff.

Sciz

Oh man they're releasing the story arcs from pre-reboot where Scourge tried to take over Mobius, the arc where Mogul mind controls Sonic's friends is also collected, I always loved how he forced Sonic to set him free. Gonna look into getting those as I like Ian's approach to the characters as he abandoned much of the older stuff.
Kinda surprised they got the clearance, given that Scourge is otherwise untouchable now.

I wish I had time to read the Sonic comics. They seem so fun...
They are! Especially these days.

So I don't mean to be the one to bring up Ken Penders, but in the newest Game Grumps episode for DKC3, they mention that Penders tried to give an official canon name to Sonic, and it's some weird-as-shit name to boot?

So I don't mean to be the one to bring up Ken Penders, but in the newest Game Grumps episode for DKC3, they mention that Penders tried to give an official canon name to Sonic, and it's some weird-as-shit name to boot?

If I remember correctly it was Maurice but I don't know if Penders was the one who had this brilliant idea (he did like to use it though)

Village

If I remember correctly it was Maurice but I don't know if Penders was the one who had this brilliant idea (he did like to use it though)
That sounds hilarious.
Sonic: "im sonic, sonic the hedgehog"

Knuckles:" naaah man, you know you name Maurice. "

I wish I had time to read the Sonic comics. They seem so fun...

There is quality now. Downside post reboot is extra gamey so a lot game stuff that may not need whole arcs dedicated to it. Flip side game arcs with now decent story telling ended up well worth the time put in.

Actually, it did come to pass. That name was actually used in the comics. The idea being that Sonic chose "Sonic" because his actual name was that terrible.

And because the name was that terrible, Archie has wisely chosen to never speak of it again.

Regiruler

Are we honestly expecting any more console games, or even mainline games period, after the restructuring? We're starting to get near the point when the biannual game would be announced.

Actually, it did come to pass. That name was actually used in the comics. The idea being that Sonic chose "Sonic" because his actual name was that terrible.

And because the name was that terrible, Archie has wisely chosen to never speak of it again.

That's not what I meant. Maurice was used, but Olgilvie was never used in book. They only ever teased him for his first name in book without revealing it. Penders revealed the "true" name years later online.

And it actually was sort of brought up years later by Ian, who had Elias knight Sonic and change his name to Sonic permanently. And now we have the genesis wave and can pretend that mess of a name never existed.

Are we honestly expecting any more console games, or even mainline games period, after the restructuring? We're starting to get near the point when the biannual game would be announced.

Somebody on Sonic Retro who was close to the Sonic 4 leak a few years ago says there's a console game in development. Or at least, that's what he said four months ago.

However, Takashi Iizuka recently reiterated with the launch of Sonic Runners that Sonic isn't leaving the console market.

I'm actually fine if they skip this year to save the announcement for the 25th Anniversary next year. Give it more time to get more polish.

Anth0ny

Somebody on Sonic Retro who was close to the Sonic 4 leak a few years ago says there's a console game in development. Or at least, that's what he said four months ago.

However, Takashi Iizuka recently reiterated with the launch of Sonic Runners that Sonic isn't leaving the console market.

I'm actually fine if they skip this year to save the announcement for the 25th Anniversary next year. Give it more time to get more polish.

that feel when next year will be Sonic Generations' 5th birthday

and 5 years since a good sonic game :(

Not content with delaying everything to 2015, publishers have decided to delay everything to 2016

I look forward to 2016, when publishers will start delaying everything to 2017

Tizoc

that feel when next year will be Sonic Generations' 5th birthday

and 5 years since a good sonic game :(

IMHO, a series should have 1 game released every 2 years now, mainly for refinement and to explore the best options to introduce in said game.

In the case of a new Sonic just base it on 2 and 3&K and have unlockable characters who just use the same abilities and skills as the base characters of the game.

Village

IMHO, a series should have 1 game released every 2 years now, mainly for refinement and to explore the best options to introduce in said game.

In the case of a new Sonic just base it on 2 and 3&K and have unlockable characters who just use the same abilities and skills as the base characters of the game.

You aren't lying

generations type game with out generations in the title.

You go fast and play as fast characters.

Some characters go fast in different ways.

Thats it.

Done , Sega thats free

Sami+

imo the best way to go in today's landscape is a sequel to SA1. Cinematic, seamless open world adventure games are all the rage right now and it's a style SA1 kinda touched on in its own cute little Dreamcast way fourteen years ago.

Falk

that puzzling face
Didn't know that, I'll keep that in mind.

I generally imgur everything regardless of if it's from facebook, wikia, tumblr, google image search, etc.

That way something like facebook changing how image links work or privacy settings, wikia doing bizarro stuff like above, etc don't affect me.

The only thing that would affect me is if imgur changes the way it operates in which case it's time for seppuku. All eggs in one basket etc.

Top Bottom