• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

CCKm0OCWMAIZgRx.jpg

CCLb255WgAAUW7F.jpg

happening

Falk

that puzzling face
Actually I'm Falk from the future. Been working on a time machine and finished it yesterday May 1st 2015.

The Falk from this time is bound and gagged in my basement.

I mean, his basement.

Falk

that puzzling face
Gonna have me a long-ass chortle if we eventually get Sonic 3&K 3DS and still not Taxman & Stealth Sonic 3&K

sega wat

Psxphile

Gonna have me a long-ass chortle if we eventually get Sonic 3&K 3DS and still not Taxman & Stealth Sonic 3&K

sega wat

Sega Japan up to its old tricks again. An act of retaliation after forcing Sonic Boom Toon on them. A new Cold War for a new age.

L.O.R.D

new update coming for new companion i think ( PSO2 )

bkV3Bx1.jpg

my version from apk from Canadian store , i hope someone upload it quickly

I'll probably be throwing together an OT for the Sonic/Mega Man crossover, if anyone wants to help out with that. I remember the last one being really nice.

HUELEN10

Okay, 4th tag, 2nd one from something Sonic related...

I'm not hating, I'm not accusing, I'm not anything, but who did it? Just noticed it too.

Tizoc

Revelations was a ppor choice of word, basically it had stuff that I didn't know about Green Hill Zone Act 1:
There's a bounce spring on a palm tree where you can collect rings

At one point in the stage there'll be a tall hill that you need to get through or past by jumping on a hovering platform; you can instead just spin dash and destroy your way through.

I didn't know any of these lol.

Revelations was a ppor choice of word, basically it had stuff that I didn't know about Green Hill Zone Act 1:
There's a bounce spring on a palm tree where you can collect rings

At one point in the stage there'll be a tall hill that you need to get through or past by jumping on a hovering platform; you can instead just spin dash and destroy your way through.

I didn't know any of these lol.

That's only scratching the surface of Sonic 1's secrets. There are platforms that only move to special places if you have a certain number of rings, for example. There's also that walk-through wall down in a spring pit on Scrap Yard Act... 2? I think, that skips a big chunk of the level.

There are Sonic 2 secret tunnels that only open up if you jump or launch into them at certain angles, otherwise you trigger them closing or blocking you off.

Falk

that puzzling face
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcNis3idMzw

Sonic Colors legit at 60fps

Holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit.

edit: It's amazing how the simpler lighting than Unleashed/Colors coupled with the fluidity of Benny Hill Sped Up Edition 60fps makes the game 'feel' so much more like SA/SA2

HUELEN10

If I were to build a gaming PC aiming to render everything at about 800p, and have it run smooth, I'd still be out too much. :(

I want a 60 FPS unleashed!

Village

Sort of related.

I'm Sega says they are going to be more PC focused, yes? I'm interested in their next non Nintendo exclusive sonic game. Now while I would like them to just concede make generations 2 with like 4 other characters that also go fast and call it a day. Sega isn't one for doing things that seem obvious. Rambling aside, what i'm trying to get at is, will sega get invovled with this money for mods thing. Sonic generations has a very nice and active modding community. Hell adding things that should have already in the game. Like playing as tails... or shadow... or knuckles... or amy... or metal sonic... or silver... or blaze. A... a lot of free dlc money on the table. Point is do you think they will sort of take advantage of that? Maybe use it to judge fan feed back I don't know " maybe they like this character, or like these levels " something like that for future products . Along with getting people to just make content for them.

And for places other than sega , do developers will make games easier to mod for this purpose? For example, while sonic generations has been opened up , and with some tutorializing and some time you can do it yourself. No one as for as I know, has ever modded Sonic and Sega all stars racing. There were rumors of a Sally acorn mod being made, but it never went anywhere besides a picture on some forums. Do you think the ability to mod racers in would be easier. Hell maybe they could be certified mods in this case for games that are competitive. Sega approved I guess. But at that point is that just weird 3rd party dlc?

I don't know exactly where i'm going with this.

This mod business is interesting.

Top Bottom