• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Fine. Boom side it is, then!

yMrWbMS.gif

Just gimme either,idc, just no more clunky boom stuff.

So semi-ontopic, I've finally gotten around to re-playing generations, but oin pc this time... Other than the Unleashed mod, are there any recommended mods to play? There seems to be a couple remake mods but I dunno if any of them have quality as high as the unleashed mod(which I started 2 years ago, but my graphics card died). Thanks and sorry for the derailing.

RK128

Just gimme either,idc, just no more clunky boom stuff.

So semi-ontopic, I've finally gotten around to re-playing generations, but oin pc this time... Other than the Unleashed mod, are there any recommended mods to play? There seems to be a couple remake mods but I dunno if any of them have quality as high as the unleashed mod(which I started 2 years ago, but my graphics card died). Thanks and sorry for the derailing.

There is the Sky Troops Modern Stage Mod that was released a long time back. Same with a Mystic Cave Zone Classic Level too.

Also consider checking out Sonic Adventure Generations, which as of right now, has the following recreated; Emerald Coast, Mystic Ruin, and Windy Valley. Full Modern Stages and a full Classic Stage for Classic Sonic in Emerald Coast :).

Dr. Buni

While a Classic-like game would be the ideal to me, I wouldn't mind a new Modern game. Unleashed, Colors and Generations were all great.

HUELEN10

WAIT!

01101101 01100001 01100100 01100101 01101111 01101110 01101000 01101111 01101100 01100100 01110011 01110100 01101000 01100101 01101011 01100101 01111001.png is the name of the file!

01101101 01100001 01100100 01100101 01101111 01101110 01101000 01101111 01101100 01100100 01110011 01110100 01101000 01100101 01101011 01100101 01111001 is binary for MADEON HOLDS THE KEY

And Wentos was the username.

^There is also this-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjI88PrrqFw

What's a good Sonic or Tails plushie? I want to get one for my 2 year old nephew's birthday :X
Bonus points: a good Rayman plushie~

There is the Sky Troops Modern Stage Mod that was released a long time back. Same with a Mystic Cave Zone Classic Level too.

Also consider checking out Sonic Adventure Generations, which as of right now, has the following recreated; Emerald Coast, Mystic Ruin, and Windy Valley. Full Modern Stages and a full Classic Stage for Classic Sonic in Emerald Coast :).

Thanks.

Games don't have big character select screens like that anymore. The usage of negative space is completely wrong (unless you're talking about, like, a Gameboy Advance game), and why would the game have the fucking logo displayed on the character select screen up in the corner like that?

(Answer: so the poster could blur it out and make you flip your shit out because OMG SOMETHING BEING CENSORED MEANS IT MUST BE REAL)

Also, if we're talking about hoaxes, a character select screen is like the most entry level bullshit any amateur could pull off.

In short:

UEH42ZT.png

HUELEN10

Games don't have big character select screens like that anymore. The usage of negative space is completely wrong (unless you're talking about, like, a Gameboy Advance game), and why would the game have the fucking logo displayed on the character select screen up in the corner like that?

(Answer: so the poster could blur it out and make you flip your shit out because OMG SOMETHING BEING CENSORED MEANS IT MUST BE REAL)

Also, if we're talking about hoaxes, a character select screen is like the most entry level bullshit any amateur could pull off.

In short:

UEH42ZT.png
Yep, but it's nice to pretend no?
Has that Wentos dude ever been right about anything other than the most vague and obvious details? I'm shocked that people still fall for his rumours.
He has. He's also fun to talk to on AIM, but I haven't seen him in ages.

In short:

UEH42ZT.png

It could be from a demo, which would explain the less-the-perfect select screen. It's not a bad render.

Village

While I'm with it you with it probably being super fake,

I can think of reasons why a character select screen would be initially like that.

It could be from a demo, which would explain the less-the-perfect select screen. It's not a bad render.

It's not a bad render but it is a bad interface. "It's unfinished, lol" is not really a good defense. This is not something a game developer in 2016 would actually use. Shit, even Sonic 2006, when it had a character select screen for its E3 demo, it didn't look like this.

This is literally "Here's a 4:3 interface concept in a 16:9 space because I'm not actually a professional graphic designer and I'm just trying to riff on something present in a 17 year old game."

Trust me, I used to be one of these hoaxer guys. You can't fake a faker.

I bought the Sonic SatAM DVD set the other day and decided to pose it with some other Sonic media to celebrate nostalgia!

I've thought about buying the sets for the other 2 DiC Sonic cartoons as I grew up with them as well (more so even), but I mean... Those just really suck. Maybe the OVA.

I bought the Sonic SatAM DVD set the other day and decided to pose it with some other Sonic media to celebrate nostalgia!

I've thought about buying the sets for the other 2 DiC Sonic cartoons as I grew up with them as well (more so even), but I mean... Those just really suck. Maybe the OVA.

Would you say that they're...no good?

Adventures is kinda good, provided you can accept that it doesn't take itself very seriously - Looney Tunes-style. Plus Long John Baldry's performance as Dr. Robotnik is outrageously hammy, and the world is all the better for it.

The SatAM box set is old enough now that it's out of print. I keep hoping somebody will announce a new set, for like, Blu-ray or something, with better cover art

TimmiT

I thought that was Knuckles with a wig.

Yup, that's generally how Ken Penders designed all of his shitty Echidna characters.

Featuring Knuckles with black eyebrows, Knuckles with white eyebrows, Knuckles with glasses, Knuckles wearing a hat, Knuckles with black hair wearing a hat, Knuckles with a cyborg eye etc.

Sciz

Yup, that's generally how Ken Penders designed all of his shitty Echidna characters.

Featuring Knuckles with black eyebrows, Knuckles with white eyebrows, Knuckles with glasses, Knuckles wearing a hat, Knuckles with black hair wearing a hat, Knuckles with a cyborg eye etc.

If you're gonna post that page, at least use the right version:

TheOGB

Banned
I still don't understand what that's supposed to be on Rasta Knux

I shoud be able to comprehend that it's probably a necklace or something, but for some reason it feels likelier that dude just has maracas growing out of his chest (or chin?? my god is that a beard???)

I still don't understand what that's supposed to be on Rasta Knux

I shoud be able to comprehend that it's probably a necklace or something, but for some reason it feels likelier that dude just has maracas growing out of his chest (or chin?? my god is that a beard???)

I think maybe it's like a beard that comes out to two weird braids or something?

Top Bottom