• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Regiruler

etQ23AH.png

When's this from?

Speaking of: is there a livestream for the announcement Friday?
by the way, just a couple days left to vote in your favorite sonic game: sonic 1, 2, or 3:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1239228

also hello community i callously abandoned years ago to pursue my own fame.

Considering just posting

1. R-Type

and calling it a day

I like how ian flynn started fleaning up the comic by graduslly getting rid of the old stuff and introducing better and fun stories and characters

And then he had to get rid of huge chunks in a hurry because Penders suddenly decided he owned all the Original Character Do Not Steals like "Knuckles with a Beard" and "Sonic but Bad", and Archie didn't have their house in order enough to slap him down.

On the plus side, now that the house cleaning is seemingly done, Sega seems more willing to work with Archie now, which is nice. Maybe we'll even see the redesigned Freedom Fighters pop up in a game again somehow.

Village

By the end of all that (in 2006, no less), the comic's sales were suffering so much that the people at Archie who were supposed to be keeping an eye on this stuff woke up and sacked basically all of the creative team, improving the series tenfold overnight in the eyes of everyone but some diehard echidna fans, who would go on to whine incessantly about how they didn't get enough attention until the lawsuit forced them to be written out entirely years later, followed promptly by a full reboot.

This is a whole other bag of worms that has flooded in past the reboot,it terms of arguments taking the form of " why don't the comic characters get more shine" starting internet blood wars.

We will never escape the wrath of the penders

My work has been recognized...is this happiness I feel?

Chaos should be in ever sonic game and the reveal game in a few days should play like godhand.

On the plus side, now that the house cleaning is seemingly done, Sega seems more willing to work with Archie now, which is nice. Maybe we'll even see the redesigned Freedom Fighters pop up in a game again somehow.

I don't know about that actually. Recently it was just discovered they have restrictions on characters like chip strait up. And sega's willingness to allow for classic sonic seems to be a more " reason of the season " anniversary type situation rather than anything substantial. The restrictions seem just as strict as ever, remember sega wanted to get rid of the freedom fighters, whole sale. The value to them is the game characters. It seems as though they wish to keep it that way.

It would be nice, but I doubt it, alot.

I don't know about that actually. Recently it was just discovered they have restrictions on characters like chip strait up. And sega's willingness to allow for classic sonic seems to be a more " reason of the season " anniversary type situation rather than anything substantial. The restrictions seem just as strict as ever, remember sega wanted to get rid of the freedom fighters, whole sale. The value to them is the game characters. It seems as though they wish to keep it that way.

It would be nice, but I doubt it, alot.

Wait, there are restrictions on Chip? Damn, thought they were past that sort of thing. (I could understand "we're about to use them in something important" restrictions, but I'm not sure how much of a role Chip is going to play in this anniversary.)

I remember when they couldn't include Cream for ages, despite her appearing in several Sonic games.

Generations assets.

Cream was more significant in Sonic X at the time, and they were running a Sonic X series. It was a brand differentiation thing.

Sega is still fairly tightfisted about how some characters can be used, though, if at all.

That looks like the background from Generations.

:O?

Knew it looked a bit familiar.
I was gonna say it looks too samey if it is from the new game.

Speaking of anniversaries: what is it with Sonic celebrating every five year anniversary? Sonic 06 was for 15, Sonic Generations was for 20, and now they are doing 25? Are they going to do a 30 as well?

Honestly, I kinda want Sonic to fall from the top of the loop and as Sonic is dazed and confused, the title Sonic 2006 part 2: 2016 Boogaloo fades in. Sonic then sings

tumblr_mm8dyjXqSJ1qd4mvdo3_500.gif

My bad, looks like of you go on Facebook on a pc you and can move the image around, it's a 360 degree image. So there's more than just Sonic running on a loop.

spunodi

It is indeed a 360 panorama thing. Stuff I've spotted:

• 4 Red Chillis (or similar looking things) with the fourth one outlined and a caption saying 'Soon'
  • The little Sonic Dog from the recent promo
  • Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3
  • A poster with Sanic and 'Knuckles' on it with the heading 'Enchiladas'
  • A Chao
  • Tails in the Clouds (Sonic 2 GG reference?!)
  • Knuckles in the Clouds (not a reference then...)
  • A sum on the rocks that adds up to 7/22/16 (American for Friday)

I think that's the bulk of them

Village

Wait, there are restrictions on Chip? Damn, thought they were past that sort of thing. (I could understand "we're about to use them in something important" restrictions, but I'm not sure how much of a role Chip is going to play in this anniversary.)

I remember when they couldn't include Cream for ages, despite her appearing in several Sonic games.
I don't think its chip's story importance rather chip is an element that isn't the most loved, and maybe they wanted to push him out of the light a bit. ( I think there should have been restrictions if that was case because the werehog... they dedicated over a year of story t that... and it hasn't been the best)

There are a lot of odd actual and then possible restrictions in with the characters, or worlds like the weirdness that is apparently going on with the use of blazes entire world in the comic. And ian recently saying he has no idea what sega wants to do with gun, so its kind of hard do stuff with gun. Sega is very weird and particularly strict about stuff.

I would just like to put out a reminder sega is also weird and strict in sonic boom too. It might seem like its on the free and easy but there are elements that are clear that sega went in and said " change this "

Sega is very particular on how people see the characters they have in official product, whether its good or bad depends on the situation.

Regiruler

It is indeed a 360 panorama thing. Stuff I've spotted:

• 4 Red Chillis (or similar looking things) with the fourth one outlined and a caption saying 'Soon'
  • The little Sonic Dog from the recent promo
  • Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3
  • A poster with Sanic and 'Knuckles' on it with the heading 'Enchiladas'
  • A Chao
  • Tails in the Clouds (Sonic 2 GG reference?!)
  • Knuckles in the Clouds (not a reference then...)
  • A sum on the rocks that adds up to 7/22/16 (American for Friday)

I think that's the bulk of them
What sort of wizard eyes do you have?

Tizoc

You guys and gals
YOU GUYS AND GALS

WHAT IF SONIC GENERATIONS 2 HAS PLAYABLE CLASSIC AND MODERN TAILS AND KNUCKLES?!
gHRVfdX.gif

Also 36 hours to go right?

Tizoc

12 Hours to go.

In other news, I'm interested to see what the new Megaman game would be like if it is happening.

Top Bottom