• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Suppose I should mention now that I made a Discord chat for SonicGAF and started inviting people to it around his anniversary last month. Might as well make a public invitation in advance of the big announcement, so, if you're interested in joining, send me a PM, I'll try and shoot you a link.

Sciz

Suppose I should mention now that I made a Discord chat for SonicGAF and started inviting people to it around his anniversary last month. Might as well make a public invitation in advance of the big announcement, so, if you're interested in joining, send me a PM, I'll try and shoot you a link.

Wish I could hang around, but I'll be out for the evening.

Of course, you're welcome to PM me for the Discord link anyway, since, well, I didn't make it specifically for the announcement, so much as a place to hang out and chat.

OMG Aero

Of course, you're welcome to PM me for the Discord link anyway, since, well, I didn't make it specifically for the announcement, so much as a place to hang out and chat.
I ended up being awake for this announcement even though it's at 2am for me so I just sent you a PM.

KtmpdFo.gif

Zaverious

It looks good for the people that wanted classic style gameplay back. I never cared for the classic sonic games, just waiting on the 3D sonic at the end of the event.

Tizoc

Good morning guys
I couldn't care less about Generations 2
but if it did happen

GIMME DAT EMERALD HILL MODERN REMIX DAMNIT

Articalys

I'm impressed they dug up a remix of the ending from the Master System/Game Gear version of Sonic 2 for the stream credits. That has to rank pretty far down there in terms of Sonic obscurity.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm impressed they dug up a remix of the ending from the Master System/Game Gear version of Sonic 2 for the stream credits. That has to rank pretty far down there in terms of Sonic obscurity.

There was a lot of really nice work done in all of the videos, titles, trailers, etc.....

...that was completely ruined by the shit stream quality and BUZZZ.

As a creator of trailers/titles myself, I can tell some designer was silently screaming behind the scenes.

Kid Heart

Classic Sonic is slowly replacing Modern Sonic. Soon, Classic Sonic will be Modern Sonic.

I really hope not. I think Sega's best strategy to appease Sonic fans from here on out is just to keep a mix of two separate games going. One to appease classic fans (like Mania) and one to appease modern fans (like 2017).

I'm also kind of hoping that the 2017 gives you a wide variety of Sonic's friends to play with, and that classic Sonic was simply the first one they revealed to try to appeal to the older fans. Still, there is only so much I can hypothesize from that trailer. I really hope we get at least a bit more info about what the game is about soon.

nded

It didn't, but at the same time, it kinda did.

They confirmed this isn't Generations 2, but then
why is Classic Sonic there
?

They're probably going with all new stages instead of remixing zones from previous games, so technically not a Generations sequel since that particular conceit was sort of the gimmick.

spunodi

The Sonic 2 GG (Bad) Ending Theme remix over the stream credits was amazing and I can't find it anywhere. Plz help.

Edit: I'm already wary of any links Professor Beef posts.

Sciz

breathe*?

unless i am missing a meme in which case i will turn in my sonicgaf badge

Sega has certainly stolen my breath away.

Ruby, if you had anything to do with making this shit happen, maybe I can forget all those things you said about Sonic 4 after all.

Sonic 3 remaster when

So this is gonna sound a bit silly but playable Classic Amy would be nice.

Given all the other extra stuff that's crammed into the remasters, a secret character probably isn't completely nuts, but I wouldn't go getting my hopes up either.

Tizoc

Sega has certainly stolen my breath away.

Ruby, if you had anything to do with making this shit happen, maybe I can forget all those things you said about Sonic 4 after all.

Sonic 3 remaster when

Given all the other extra stuff that's crammed into the remasters, a secret character probably isn't completely nuts, but I wouldn't go getting my hopes up either.

The reason I want a playable Amy is gonna sound silly too but it's mainly so there's a character for girls to play as ^^;

Anth0ny

Kinda sucks that both games are coming in 2017

Would be nice to fill in that 2016 gap with something

Maybe

You know

THE TAXMAN TRILOGY FOR CONSOLES

Top Bottom