• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

OMG Aero

I don't think the whole "getting banned from NeoGAF to get stuff done" works if you still read NeoGAF and get someone to post replies for you.

Tizoc

tumblr_inline_mvgplbH7YU1s6pfvo.gif

Oh man are cleaner GIFs of AA5 available now? Cuz I want one of Filch from the 2nd case.

Sciz

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #101

Song: Believe in Myself
Game: Sonic Adventure 2
Composer: Jun Senoue
Lyrics: Jun Senoue

Vocals: Kaz Silver
Guitar: Jun Senoue
Bass: Takeshi Taneda
Drums: Katsuji

I'll never understand why Senoue bothered rewriting the three returning character themes for SA2. The new music isn't bad, but it isn't better either, and trying to shoehorn the old lyrics into a new melody didn't work at all. Kaz Silver isn't nearly as believable as Tails either. If you're desperate for bubblegum pop from Sonic, stick to Follow Me.

Razzer

Drums: Katsuji.
Oh wow I don't like this. I had to listen to the original immediately after to cleanse my ears lol. The strength of this song was the melody, as the lyrics certainly weren't and it didn't have tons of layers or anything. So he replaces it with something that just feels really flat? Ugh. The one thing I always remember about this theme is the way it escalates into the chorus with that burst of energy 'I wanna fly high!' this has no moments like that at all. Shame. At least It doesn't matter was still decent in SA2, this is blegh.

I'll never understand why Senoue bothered rewriting the three returning character themes for SA2. The new music isn't bad, but it isn't better either, and trying to shoehorn the old lyrics into a new melody didn't work at all. Kaz Silver isn't nearly as believable as Tails either. If you're desperate for bubblegum pop from Sonic, stick to Follow Me.
No lie: "Unknown from M.E." was probably the only rewritten song that worked, IMO. Maybe "It Doesn't Matter". "Believe in Myself", however, did not work at all.

Never was a fan of the rendition of this song. Even the SA2 version of "It Doesn't Matter" was better, and that one paled in comparison to the original.

TheOGB

Banned
Whoa, wait a fucking second, I don't know what I thought SA1's version sounded like but it is FAR better than the SA2 version. That's what I get for trying to remember a song with 24+ hours with no sleep. :p

irrelevant edit:
qL3ijDX.png

why aren't there more females on gaf guys

Anyone here plays Sonic Dash? We finished the Global challenges yesterday and unlocked Silver and I think he was somewhat redesign.
19oAQsc.jpg

He is grey and white now, I think he was all white. He looks great.

Anyone here plays Sonic Dash? We finished the Global challenges yesterday and unlocked Silver and I think he was somewhat redesign.
19oAQsc.jpg

He is grey and white now, I think he was all white. He looks great.

That's how he's always looked, I think. I think that art specifically is from from... either Sonic Generations or Sonic Rivals? I can't remember.

Sciz

Nothing unites SonicGAF like its loathing.

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #102

Song: Electoria
Game: Knuckles' Chaotix
Composer: Junko Shiratsu or Mariko Nanba

Chaotix has a few all-time classic tracks and a whole bunch of also rans that are long on spirit but short on memorability. Electoria's one of the latter; it's got pep and energy to spare, but the lead goes in one ear and straight out the other, and even with the heart and soul poured into the rest of the instruments, they end up coming off shallow.

This game has the best sound test, though.

That's how he's always looked, I think. I think that art specifically is from from... either Sonic Generations or Sonic Rivals? I can't remember.

Really? I could swear he was completely white and his psychic powers neon green. Seems weird having him run really fast in this game.

Got a peek at the Lost World adaptation that Archie did. The first five pages are better written then the entirety of the game (if only because it actually explains shit), it's a travesty.

Also, does the Pirate Plunder Panic arc in Universe have any bearing on the new universe? I want to make sure I'm won't read it for nothing.

Really? I could swear he was completely white and his psychic powers neon green. Seems weird having him run really fast in this game.

IIRC his in-game model in Generations had him completely white, which may be why it's confusing.

Sciz

Also, does the Pirate Plunder Panic arc in Universe have any bearing on the new universe? I want to make sure I'm won't read it for nothing.

There's some unexpected Worlds Collide fallout, but otherwise, no. I'm pretty sure the entire reason they did a Blaze arc was explicitly because they could produce it while they were hammering out the new continuity without worrying about the details.

Tizoc

I just reached Labyrinth in Sonic 1 on the 3DS.
Sonic is so freakin' slow, and I really need to stop rushing through it.

Sciz

Third one of these on the page and it isn't even halfway through yet. Slow days in SonicGAF.

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #103

Song: Tidal Tempest Present
Game: Sonic CD (US)
Composer: Spencer Nilsen

Vocals: Pastiche

For all that Pastiche is all over SCD US's music, Nilsen didn't use them as the lead outside of this track. Which is a shame, because they sound great and stuff like Collision Chaos and Metallic Madness could've used the help. For that matter I'm not convinced that he didn't mix up his Collision Chaos and Tidal Tempest files. TT has the lively and bouncy sound I'd expect out of a pinball level, especially at 0:57 when the vocals start tossing in "bowwm!"s and "piiiing!"s.

OMG Aero

Every now and then I'll think to myself "I should really just get PSO2 and all the English translation stuff, I fucking loved Blue Burst", but I don't want to burn myself out and play all of the game in case Sega do actually localise it.

I still believe.
Third one of these on the page and it isn't even halfway through yet. Slows days in SonicGAF.
It's because everyone who posts in the thread is asking for themselves to be banned.

Kokonoe

Banned
Every now and then I'll think to myself "I should really just get PSO2 and all the English translation stuff, I fucking loved Blue Burst", but I don't want to burn myself out and play all of the game in case Sega do actually localise it.

I still believe.

It's because everyone who posts in the thread is asking for themselves to be banned.

Well keep in mind with the history of Sega of America and PSO/PSU they usually shut down much earlier than the Japanese servers and with PSU, might not get all the items and updates. PSU actually ended up being 3 years behind from Japan when it closed down cause Japan didn't care much for the international release. Maybe that'll change if they bring it over this time, who knows.

I remember being weirded out when I first played Colosseum, but I've grown to appreciate it for trying things differently. I even 100%'d the game and got that special Ho-oh at the end. :d

BHZ Mayor

I'm gonna cross post this since the stupid questions thread is getting buried by console war crap.

Does anyone that has played Rayman Revolution (PS2 port of Rayman 2) know what this flashing fist means on the save file select screen?

6ccjvWz.jpg

It's the fist on the right. It blinks and started showing up after I beat the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire.

Colosseum was okay though not anything I'd ever revisit since it's so damn slow. I'm still impressed that Gale of Darkness managed to drop every ball possible as a Colosseum sequel. In particular the poor pacing with a huge chunk of Shadow Pokemon located in the last two areas of the game, quite possibly the worst main character design in any Pokemon game, not much in the way of new areas and plenty more little things that drag the game down.

No idea about the Rayman flashing fist above, it does remind me that Sanctuary of Stone and Fire has the greatest boss battle of all time, which is to say the boss just strolls into the lava for some reason and ends his fleeting existence, good times. Never liked the whole fruit riding mechanic when you're on the lava that was so prominent in that stage.

BlackJace

Colosseum was okay though not anything I'd ever revisit since it's so damn slow. I'm still impressed that Gale of Darkness managed to drop every ball possible as a Colosseum sequel. In particular the poor pacing with a huge chunk of Shadow Pokemon located in the last two areas of the game, quite possibly the worst main character design in any Pokemon game, not much in the way of new areas and plenty more little things that drag the game down..

Sheesh, don't even remind me of the protagonist's design in GoD, still cringing over that one. He looked like a random NPC you'd meet in one of the towns. Totally blah.

A friend of mine who enjoyed Colosseum avoided Gale of Darkness entirely because the new main character looked utterly awful, it's that bad.

Curse you Meccanical, you just had to post that as I'm about to hit the hay, that'll give me nightmares now.
Also I concur with Beef, the disco theme was the superior one.

qq more

I had XD and thought it was pretty neat from what I've played but I let a "friend" borrowed it along with TTYD and that fucker never gave either back

:/

zeemumu

I miss the Chao Garden. It added so much replay value because I had to go through the story several times just to get all of the animals for my Chaos chao.

Top Bottom