• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Anth0ny

Colosseum is possibly the slowest game I've ever played. Maybe I'm used to the snappiness of the BW and XY, but the animations for Pokemon and trainers last FOREVER, and you can't turn them off. It's unbearable. Worst than Sonic 06 loading times, seriously.

Go Umbreon!

*Obnoxiously long Pokeball throwing animation*

*Umbreon comes out of the ball and just fucking stands there for like 6 seconds, like they forgot to program a special animation when a Pokemon comes out of the Pokeball*

This is the case for every. fucking. Pokemon. And there are a ton of battles in this game. Unlike the Stadium games, where it was always a 3 v 3 battle, every battle in this game is a doubles battle, and each trainer can have up to 6 Pokemon. Unbearable.

Then, after about 10 minutes, I win a 2 on 2 battle with a trainer.

"You defeated Youngster!"

Youngster: Ah! You beat me!

*Youngster, defeated, gets down on one knee... for 10 SECONDS*

This is the process after beating any trainer.

I'm basically playing right now by mashing A and watching the AGDQ stream, because I think I'd lose my fucking mind if I only focused on the game.

qq more

this isnt that shitty loser sylveon...

IT'S FLAREON AND HE'S HERE TO STAY

"WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK I AM, MOTHA FUCKA?!" - Flareon, 2014

HUELEN10

Went to the comic shop today to look at my pull and Sonic 256 wasn't there, though I was told it was slated to arrive. Furthermore, when the proprietor looked up the inventory, he was weird out because the distributor has it listed on backorder for some reason, even though he has about 12 other subscribers at his store.

Anyone have any trouble getting 256?

Regiruler

eZJpev0.jpg

Fixed it.

EDIT: still has a mecha shoulder because secretly Robotnik's creation and 4:30AM

Is this intentionally supposed to look like that one video?
You all know the one.

EDIT: My past few days in a nutshell
56ca6f9f2ef43ab7349c0e6511edb6d6.png

Went to the comic shop today to look at my pull and Sonic 256 wasn't there, though I was told it was slated to arrive. Furthermore, when the proprietor looked up the inventory, he was weird out because the distributor has it listed on backorder for some reason, even though he has about 12 other subscribers at his store.

Anyone have any trouble getting 256?

Dunno about the physical book, but the digital version was sorted for last week but got delayed. I've been buying them thru Google Play, and after just checking, #256 is available for purchase, but the book can't be displayed or added to my library for some reason. I think it may be because it technically isn't the 8th yet where I live (only 11:05 PM as I'm typing this).

Sciz

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #103

Song: Rowing
Game: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Composer: Teruhiko Nakagawa

I dunno what it is, but somehow the rowing tracks in this series are consistently the best ones in their respective games. Nakagawa spent most of M&S1 riffing on the standard Mario Sports sound, but there's a few tracks where he cut loose and jammed to his heart's content, and he always comes up with some cool little thing when that happens.

Razzer

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #103

Song: Rowing
Game: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Composer: Teruhiko Nakagawa

It's a nice track. Very light and airy, but with enough energy to it to conceivably be set to competition. The melody doesn't stand out to me as especially amazing, but it's pleasant to listen to. Can't ask for much more than that.

5Nize2sl.jpg

5% chance for the Bosman to be a good game.

heh

Link? Don't remember if I saw that. :p

Also, I just made a huge realization:

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed on Wii U, is the only Sonic game that is a launch day title on a non-Sega platform. o_O

The only close candidates were SA2B which came out around 3 months after GC, and Sonic '06 which came out like 2 months after PS3.

Sonic Advance also came out a few months after GBA.

OMG Aero

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed on Wii U, is the only Sonic game that is a launch day title on a non-Sega platform. o_O

The only close candidates were SA2B which came out around 3 months after GC, and Sonic '06 which came out like 2 months after PS3.

Sonic Adventure 2 was a launch day title on the Gamecube in Europe.

Rikkun

It's from the latest episode. Mattricks for everyone!

FYC

Banned
Not sure why he didn't do Shadow or Final Story. Doesn't seem like much of a speedrun if you quit playing halfway through.

I think those glitches literally prevent him from starting Shadows story, unfortunately.

E: Yeah, probably because he skips Crisis City, right?

Noi

He did call it a Broken% run, so probably. He skips over the Shadow boss fight, so you never unlock him.

Aha, that definitely does make sense. It's been so long since I started a new game in Sonic 06 I figured Shadow and Silver were just there by default.

Sciz

Fighting the good fight against hard drive failure. If someone wants to tag in, pick an 8-bit Sonic tune today.

I'm making the hot tag, I'll be cleaning house with Jungle Zone from Sonic 1 of the Master System and Game Gear variety to meet the 8 bit criteria.
Oh yeah so I'm supposed to say something about it right? well listen to that jolly jungle jive, it's pretty short but catchy enough in a way that prevents it from becoming too repetitive. Not the best track that this game has to offer but it gets the job done within its limitations....how the hell do you manage this everyday Sciz?! I'm just gonna blame SotY for exhausting my capabilities for this role.
Guys, I think I need to tag out, this is now a six man tag team match playa!

BHZ Mayor

Damnit Nocturnowl. You could've at least formatted it right.

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #104

Song: Jungle Zone
Game: Sonic the Hedgehog (Master System/Game Gear)

Oh yeah so I'm supposed to say something about it right? well listen to that jolly jungle jive, it's pretty short but catchy enough in a way that prevents it from becoming too repetitive. Not the best track that this game has to offer but it gets the job done within its limitations....how the hell do you manage this everyday Sciz?! I'm just gonna blame SotY for exhausting my capabilities for this role.
Guys, I think I need to tag out, this is now a six man tag team match playa!

I'm a free spirit man, I don't need to abide by your restrictive formatting rules nor will I ever be chained down by such trifling things, but thanks I guess.
Now if you'll excuse me I have to make sure the parser can read my GotY list through following the set rules...

Damnit Nocturnowl. You could've at least formatted it right.
You're a smidgen off, too:

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #104

Song: "Jungle Zone"
Game: Sonic the Hedgehog (Master System/Game Gear)
Composer: Yuzo Koshiro

It's definitely a much jauntier theme than the somewhat melancholy Bridge Zone theme before it, or the more serious-toned Spring Yard Zone theme that takes up slot 3 in the Genesis game. Okay stage, too; probably could've done without the climbing stage in Act 2, though.

FSLink

Banned
Colosseum is possibly the slowest game I've ever played. Maybe I'm used to the snappiness of the BW and XY, but the animations for Pokemon and trainers last FOREVER, and you can't turn them off. It's unbearable. Worst than Sonic 06 loading times, seriously.

And to think this was the only way to get Johto Pokemon for awhile. :p....

Top Bottom