• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

AniHawk

okay, top 5 games i'm anticipating.

1. the legend of zelda wii u - well i'm a pretty big zelda fan, but i'm also really aware of a 20 year history of the zelda team being unable to realize their vision for an open-world game in 3d space. they couldn't do it with ocarina of time, leading to several compromises that comprised the final product (which would have been insane to consider as a series of compromises in 1998). they were successful in doing so in the wind waker, but only as a sort of proof of concept. they tried the land approach again in twilight princess, but i don't know if we may ever know what happened to that game with its troubled development that led to the overworld being segmented like ocarina of time.

so just knowing that they were able to accomplish this thing they set out to do 20 years ago is just really endearing. i mean more than looking forward to the game, i'm sort of rooting for them to pull the concept off. more than that, i remember when aonuma had said something regarding twilight princess having boss battles on the overworld- drawing immediate comparisons to the then-up-and-coming shadow of the colossus. well it looks like that too is finally going to come to fruition.

this game may actually realize all the ambition they were unable to deliver on since they began work on ocarina of time. it's really fucking exciting.

2. mirror's edge - when i saw the first mirror's edge, i was thrilled to see a giant playground to do all sorts of platforming in. then i learned it was a linear game and was disappointed at the news, but holy crap i loved it once i finally played it. now the news that this new game will be a giant playground to do all sorts of platforming in has me disappointed again. i have some concerns that what made mirror's edge work so well may be lost here- especially if dice can't focus on making tight platforming segments and has to connect the world in ways that dilute the level design. i'll give them a lot of the benefit of the doubt though, and i still anticipate this game's release at some point in 2016.

3. xenoblade chronicles x - another giant open-world game from nintendo. yeah, i loved xenoblade chronicles, just like everyone else, so i'm giving monolithsoft a ton of credit that the game will turn out at least as good. i have some doubts though, mostly because it may be hard for this one to live up in the expectations game. i didn't think the first xenoblade was great in its characters and side quests though, so i suppose there could be some improvement there.

4. sonic boom: rise of lyric - sonic has come a long way since an old drunk made a hedgehog out of his rabbit characters to pay off his gambling debts, and i couldn't be happier with the decision they made. sonic boom thoughtfully combines the intuitive combat systems in skylanders with the sense of speed that we've come to love in sonic games, brought to life beautifully in cryengine 3. not to mention the writing manages to balance humor with more serious elements in a way i think adults and children alike will appreciate. sonic boom: rise of lyric zooms into stores this november.

5. bayonetta 2 - the first game was amazing, and i'm thrilled it's being added to the package for the sequel. i will probably skip the remake though, and move right on through as i've already played the first and i tend to burn out on action games really quick (bayonetta not doing that for me was rare and one of the reasons i hold it in such high regard).

honorable mentions:

super smash bros. for wii u - i'm not super into the smash bros. thing anymore, but damn if the hype for this game isn't infectious. i actually played brawl quite a lot, but for some reason it was that game that kinda made me fall out of love with the series. hm.

splatoon - what a weird little game. it looks to scratch the tf2 itch i've been having lately. looking forward to additional game modes, maps, and weapons (maybe even classes... or they can save that for splatoon 2).

littlebigplanet 3 - i played a level with toggle and it harkened closer to the first game than the second (which felt like it was more trying to be a game creator game than a platformer). i'll probably pick this up when the ps4 becomes affordable.

purgatory:

half-life 3, beyond good & evil 2, the last guardian, zero escape 3 - they're all in development, and it's just a matter of time before we see them. zero escape 3 joins the list, replacing mirror's edge which was able to float on to the top 5 heavens above.

4. sonic boom: rise of lyric - sonic has come a long way since an old drunk made a hedgehog out of his rabbit characters to pay off his gambling debts, and i couldn't be happier with the decision they made. sonic boom thoughtfully combines the intuitive combat systems in skylanders with the sense of speed that we've come to love in sonic games, brought to life beautifully in cryengine 3. not to mention the writing manages to balance humor with more serious elements in a way i think adults and children alike will appreciate. sonic boom: rise of lyric zooms into stores this november.
That's interesting - if it weren't for the rest of the list surrounding it, I'd have assumed this was sarcasm, given the overall general reception the Wii U game's been getting. So it's actually pretty good, you think?

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm pretty tolerant of reboots, redesigns and rehashes in general but the janky camera really, really kills it for me.

AniHawk

That's interesting - if it weren't for the rest of the list surrounding it, I'd have assumed this was sarcasm, given the overall general reception the Wii U game's been getting. So it's actually pretty good, you think?

no, i couldn't think of five things so i decided to shill for it as a joke.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm still writing my list in Word because when I was writing it and previewed the post, apparently I left the page up too long and my post was deleted.

ffsssssssss

AniHawk, does LBP3 feel better in terms of the platforming?

AniHawk

I'm still writing my list in Word because when I was writing it and previewed the post, apparently I left the page up too long and my post was deleted.

ffsssssssss

AniHawk, does LBP3 feel better in terms of the platforming?

i never had a problem with the platforming of lbp1, so i can't really help you there. it feels the same if that's any indication. the level design was centered around toggle's light/heavy abilities, so it felt fresh compared to the last game, or at least more focused. where lbp was a platformer with some well-made levels from mm, lbp2 went too far into other genres. i remember the last boss fight of lbp2 being terrible.

Noi

Yeah, the campaign for the second game was basically a way to show off all the cool shit you could make in the level creator. Which was cool, but left for little in the way of actual platforming.

I feel confident in the trailer they've put out though. There's a lot of stuff in it, but it definitely seems centered around proper platforming rather than a mash of other mini-games.

Big red button, your game seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train, why are you so popular?

Village

Anticipation lists? Limited to what is supposed to be coming out this year i guess.

• Smash bros for wii u- I like smash. New smash. Lucario is in it, we in there.
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.5- I like kh, and it has the best kh game ( kh2 fm ) in it .
  • Halo Masta Cheef collection-I like halo and it has halo 2 and 3 multiplayer in it. God is good.
  • PC version of Ultra and Boxed Version of Ultra- I wanna be able to mod ultra
  • P4A Ultimax- I like persona , fighting games, arc sys fighting games. And liked the last persona fighting game and now this one is new has new characters and one of them is an edgy guy with two swords and red hair and that is my FRIGGING jam.
  • Sunset Overdrive- looks interesting and I trust insomniac for the most part, I even thought fuse was alright. Aesthetic of the world is fantastic, and I like the humor

I may have missed a thing.
Never. Year of Waluigi is next.

Waluigi's Wrecking Crew
Wario and Waluigi RPG
Mario Strikers 3 now with HD crotch chop

Why would you want a year of mediocrity? You gotta aim higher.

Tizoc

Yo Shadow Hog, sorry to be a bother but could you send me a write-up/breakdown of the gameplay in Freedom Planet?
To make it simple structure is like this
*Overall gameplay elements and stage progression
*How each character plays differently and their unique abilities

Eh I'll give Sonic Boom 3DS a chance, at best it'll be a mediocre platformer ala Pacman Ghostly Adventure 1.

Oh yeah, my most anticipated post E3 list.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - I've only recently gotten into MGS in the past year or so, but I really like everything I've seen from the game so far. Ive dabbled a bit with Ground Zeroes, and TPP looks like it'll expand on many of the gameplay functions seen there. The game looks damned good too, especially considering it's a cross gen title and all. Hopefully I can finish MGS3, MGS4 and Peace Walker before it comes out.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix - Yeah, it's an HD collection, but it contains HD ports of the two best standalone packages in the entire series. 1.5 was probably the best set of HD ports I've ever played, and I expect the standard to be maintained with 2.5. Moreover, I'm really looking forward to being able to play KHII Final Mix's extra content without having to fumble around with Swap Magic on a PS2. I can't wait to see Western players tackle this guy, whose by far the hardest (but most well designed) boss fight in the entire series. I just wish I didn't have to wait 'til Decemeber for it. (Ah, who am I kidding, I'm probably going to import this bitch)

Batman: Arkham Knight
- Batmobile, Full, open world Gotham City that doesn't seem to be a pain in the ass to traverse and Rocksteady. That's pretty much all I need to be excited about this

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - You know, after all those years I spent bitching about not having a follow up to Canvas Curse, I didn't think they'd actually go ahead and do it. Definitely the second reason I'm probably going to pick up a Wii U soo, the first being...

Bayonetta 2 - Over the top character action games are the shit. And I get a port of Bayo 1 that doesn't run like ass for free? Sign me the fuck up.

Honorable Mentions:
Cuphead - I don't think I've ever seen this artstyle pulled off in a game before, and it looks to take heavy inspiration from 16-Bit action games, so I'll definitely keep my eyes on this.

Grim Fandango - I'm still a bit in shock that this one is actually happening. Hopefully this one reaches the wider audience it deserves to have this time around.

Bloodborne - I've never even played a Souls game before, but Bloodborne's aesthetic has easily captured my attention. Can't wait to see more leaks official media of the game.

Star Fox - An EAD developed (EAD is handling this, right...?) Star Fox game in this day and age? I'm not expecting the second coming of Star Fox 64 or anything, but I am glad the franchise isn't dead and in good hands. At least they tried to do something with StarFox. (RIP in peace F-Zero
twitchtv_emote_faces77.png
)
I'd write longer writeups, but I'm feeling a little lazy right now (That and I'm trying to blow through MGS3 before the weekend is over.)

I would have said Final Fantasy Type 0 HD, but who the hell knows when Square will actually manage to finish it? It took them over two years for X/X-2 HD... and that was outsourced.

Happy Birthday Dari-woah hold up a sec, is that Werehog like tickling that dudes armpit or something? his creepily joyous face says it all.

OMG Aero

Happy birthday!!
2vmpsUg.jpg
So Zack made this cake himself right?
I can completely understand someone thinking "Zack likes Sonic, I'm going to make him a Sonic cake" and I can kinda understand someone thinking "Zack specifically likes the werehog that was in Sonic Unleashed, I'm going to make a werehog cake". But I cannot understand anyone else going to the lengths of making a cake of an accurate representation of the end of Apotos night complete with exp crystals, rings, baby dark gaia dinos, and even the lever that opens the final room. That's way too specific for someone to make for someone else.

Also that gaia titan's club totally looks like a shit.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't think I enjoyed E3 2014 as a lot of you did, but I think there was a solid showing from all three console companies, and some good ideas all around. It's a shame that much of E3 2014 focused on stuff that'll be out in 2015, so much so that I think I'll be saving some money in the last quarter of this year. To be honest, I wasn't paying as much attention to it as some of you were since I wasn't home for the bulk of it outside of conferences. I don't have time to sit down all day and watch streams anymore (and to be honest, that's kind of the last thing I want to do these days). Almost everyone had streams up, from GameTrailers, to Game Spot, to IGN, to Giant Bomb, to the PlayStation Blog, to Nintendo, to Square Enix, etc. So it’s hard to keep up with streams when everyone is doing them. Regardless, there still was some cool stuff.

I will say that's kinda amazing, going through the trailer archive on Giant Bomb, that there are a lot of mobile and PC indie games being ported to consoles and handhelds (mostly the Wii U and Vita). Whether those games get as much notoriety on these platforms or not will be another conversation (I don't think they would unless they become cult classics; in all honesty, I hope Tengami gets a bit of it on Wii U despite the game not really being replayable and I hope people like its soundtrack by David Wise). Usually we see games get ported to mobile, so it's interesting that the trend is becoming the reverse.

I do appreciate that some games only available on PC are getting released on consoles (and mobile, for that matter), like The Last Tinker, Two Brothers (which I’ve already played), Rogue Legacy, etc.

I will also agree with Nocturnowl that there were far too many teasers for things that more than likely won't be released until next year and beyond. It kind of feels like everyone was unprepared for this generation. Yes, hardware and graphically, we should move on from last gen. Costwise, though? I'm not so sure.

In no particular order:

Ori and the Blind Forest

I ended up missing this part of the Microsoft conference because my shift ended early and I had to do some shopping, so I watched the trailer in isolation. It looks like a very very pretty game. But it seems to have depth beyond its prettiness. Looking at the live demo hosted by a man I saw drunk and shirtless on another stream a few nights ago. The physics look very good, and the level design doesn’t look too bad. Seems to disguise secrets pretty well!

Alas, it's coming out for PC, so I don't think I'll have a problem with playing it. It looks very cute. Coming for Xbox One and PC in Fall 2014.​

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

I just finished replaying Kirby Canvas Curse this year because I’d gotten it for Christmas from a good friend of mine. So for Rainbow Curse to be announced out of nowhere is pretty convenient! Bean and I ended up watching the Treehouse archive for it, and it looks very good. The art style is adorable. I love it when companies take stylistic liberties for games. It’s refreshing as hell.​

And the game had better end with a screen that says, “THANKS FOR CLAYING” because that shit is cute. Coming for Wii U in 2015.

Yoshi's Woolly World

THIS GAME IS CUTE, OK. Hope it’s better than Yoshi’s New Island, and I hope it sports a better soundtrack. These games are usually slow-paced collectathons, moreso than Yoshi’s Island was, but I hope there’s some creativity with respect to the types of eggs you can throw to manufacture paths (much like the cotton ones in the gameplay footage). Coming for Wii U in 2015.​

Lords of the Fallen

I didn’t really pay much attention to this until Aeana posted the GameSpot demo for it. Basically it’s Dark Souls, with a similar parry mechanic. But the checkpoints are different from Souls. You can keep your XP there, so when you die you don’t lose everything. It’s more forgiving than Souls. The artstyle certainly isn’t as good as Souls, but as far as being a Souls clone, it looks like a fairly competent Souls clone. I hope it’s balanced more than DS2. It allows players to make more informed decisions with respect to player build and progress instead of going in blind and almost requiring a FAQ. The gameplay also looks much faster. Coming out for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.​

Assassin's Creed: Unity:

I’m mostly playing this for single player. I like Assassin’s Creed. It can be jank. It can be glitchy. And yes, it comes out every single year. AC3 was terrible, but at the same time, I liked most of the other games because I like the historical settings. I’ve wanted the series to go to France for the longest time, and it is! Along with trailers for co-op, they announced some gameplay changes for the series such as countering won’t work all the time, and stealth being forced on the player more often. At the same time, I am wary about it taking cues from AC3. The new climbing animations look great, and the music doesn’t seem too bad. After AC4, I hope it shows that they learned from the mistakes of AC3. Coming in October 2014 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.​

Honourable Mentions:

Cuphead:

This was the most interesting thing I saw in the first hour of the MS conference that I had to catch up on. Cuphead takes Fleschier’s 1930s-style animation and tries to nail it with respect to video game cue animations. Whether it works or not in the final product remains to be seen, but it never ever hurts to try something new. Can’t wait to see more gameplay. Cuphead out for Xbox One and PC in late 2014.

Abzu

Blahblahblahartsyfartsyblahblahblah. Yeah, yeah, let’s get that out the way. I think the artstyle looks gorgeous. The swimming also looks fairly tight and fluid, so I hope that mechanic stays solid in the final product. I’d like to see more later on. Out for PC and PS4 when squids attack.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker:

This was one of the best modes in Super Mario 3D World. I remember playing it with Bean in tow and feeling dizzy at first, but as I did more of them, I felt okay. It looks super-cool, and I’m a huge sucker for puzzle games. Not only are you puzzling along, but you’re trying to use stealth to avoid enemies while trying to get coins and MacGuffins. I know this is retail, though, so I’m wary about the MSRP. I don’t think it was listed in the press kit. Having a game that’s completely full of these levels is pretty exciting. Boss fights look like they could be interesting to speedrun. Out for Wii U in Winter 2014.

Scalebound:

I don’t know much about it, but the teaser trailer looked cool. It’s a Kamiya game that looks like it’s a combination of DMC and Dragon’s Dogma sponsored by Beats by Dr. Dre. Should be really cool. Out for Xbox One when whenever Kamiya gets tired of people portbegging.

Valiant Hearts:

I hope that with more games using UbiArt, some of the games will look less like a flash games and more organic. Regardless, the pacing of Ubisoft’s conference and showing this right after a happier game really fucked with the game’s trailer’s tone. The last World War I game I’d played was Shadow Hearts: Covenant. The gameplay shows that it’s essentially an adventure game, that isn’t necessarily about the nitty-gritty of war, but rather the people in the war. Not necessarily looking at the game for its graphics or its gameplay, but rather the tidbits it could possibly offer. Out for PS4, PS3, X360, Xbox One, and PC on June 25, 2014.

Abyss Odyssey:

It’s from the developers of Zeno Clash (ACE Team). Essentially it’s a side-scrolling action-adventure game where you perform combos, attack chains, etc. The Art Nouveau artstyle looks alright. It also goes to areas that we don’t usually explore in games (South America), so it should be a neat experience. It also seems to have some fighting game influences. It’s out July 15 on DD services.

Never Alone:

I believe this is a platformer from an indie developer wishing for players to explore the culture and heritage of Alaskan Native Peoples. The artstyle looks great, though the platforming needs some work. Coming for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

Other Stuff:

The Everybody's Gone to the Rapture teaser looks really neat, and it's by the folks who did Dear Esther, but it didn't really show me anything, so I don't have much to say about it. Apparently people saw it behind-doors and it looked neat.

No Man's Sky. That is all. It's in first-person and I might not be able to play it, but hooooly shit. That's where all the colours went last gen and this gen, clearly.

Citizens of Earth looks like a dang flash game, but it has a lot of Mother elements, so it could be interesting. We'll see. Out in September 2014 for PC, PS4, Vita, Wii U, and 3DS.

EarthNight looks like a really neat runner, and its artstyle is very cute. Out in 2015 for PS4 and Vita.

As much as I really liked that Zelda Wii U teaser, that was some target-render kind of stuff. We'll see how it turns out a few years from now. Will be out for Wii U when Nintendo feels like releasing stuff.

Bloodborne's leaked trailer from last night was a better showcase of the game than what streams showed and what we saw at the conference. If Sony had added that to the conference reel, it would have made the game far more enticing than being a result of a pedigree. Here’s the gameplay they showed on the PlayStation E3 coverage stream a few days ago. Out ??? for PS4.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep HD Remix is a thing I'm looking forward to because it's the only good Kingdom Hearts game. Too bad it comes with two games that end up jacking up the price of the game, but what can you do? Out this December for PS3.

Bayonetta 2 looks really good as usual. There’s not much I can say and the footage can speak for itself. Combat looks fast and fluid and I can’t wait to play it this October. Out for Wii U this October and comes with a Bayonetta 1 port.

Xenoblade Chronicles X doesn’t look like what I want from the game, and to be fair, I’m not a huge fan of Monolith Soft. It looks like, plotwise, it might go back to a lot of things I hated about Xenogears and Xenosaga. I think the character models look pretty bad, and I know they’re supposed to be evocative of Xenosaga, but yikes. No thanks. Battle system looks identical to Xenoblade’s, which is disappointing as I think it should’ve gotten some animation, balancing, and timing tinkering. Wonder if the sidequests will be as boring as Xenoblade’s were. I don’t give Monolith Soft as much credit as a lot of people on GAF do because 90% of the time, I will dislike something about their games very strongly, and I think they make a better background art studio than a games studio. Coming out for Wii U whenever Monolith feels like it.

Hohokum needs to come out, like, now.

And that's about it. Most of the stuff I was most looking forward to were already announced.

Oi Schala, what's with the fla-

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker:

This was one of the best modes in Super Mario 3D World. I remember playing it with Bean in tow and feeling dizzy at first, but as I did more of them, I felt okay. It looks super-cool, and I’m a huge sucker for puzzle games. Not only are you puzzling along, but you’re trying to use stealth to avoid enemies while trying to get coins and MacGuffins. I know this is retail, though, so I’m wary about the MSRP. I don’t think it was listed in the press kit. Having a game that’s completely full of these levels is pretty exciting. Boss fights look like they could be interesting to speedrun. Out for Wii U in Winter 2014.

IT WAS YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU

YOU WERE THE ONE THAT GAVE THEM THE IDEA

Dario ff

Banned
The lever on that cake is just way too much detail, even for me. :p

I'm not really that much into E3 since I won't be able to own any of the 3 new consoles for a few years until the prices are actually reasonable here. Stuff that I'll actually be able to play and I'm looking forward to is (ranked in order of hype):

• Pillars of Eternity - It got a small appearance at E3 in the form of this article! An spiritual sequel to my 2nd top favorite RPG, with a graphical engine developed with the exact same concept* I was messing around with a few years ago, done by actual professional artists. An excellent method to get a great looking game while maintaining a small budget, especially with the scope they want to achieve.
  • Hotline Miami 2 - More fantastic trailers for this game were released during E3. It just clicks beautifully when you get in the mood of A-ranking the missions, and the sequel looks like tons of more fun.
  • Batman: Arkham Knight - By far the most impressive trailer of actual gameplay that I saw. The jump in quality is amazing despite still being UE3. Apart from being pretty, there's actual new gameplay elements with the Batmobile, and a lot of the combat and exploration seems to have been sped up significantly.
  • Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - I'm far more excited for this than Rise of the Homicidal Explorer. Guardian of Light was really fun to play through in co-op, and I plan to do the exact same with this one.
  • Mortal Kombat X - Doesn't look as good as I had hoped, but it seems pretty fun nonetheless. I just hope they offer some options for speeding up / disabling the X-Ray attacks. We had to agree with friends to not use it due to just how annoying they got. They're cool the first few times, but they just break the pacing way too often and they're not well balanced in a noob-friendly way.
  • GTA V - I was not that anxious to play GTA V back when it released on PS3, so I just decided to wait it out for the PC version instead. Seems like the decision will pay off pretty well, because one of the main reasons I enjoy GTA is the open world exploration and just chilling out, so the environment being much prettier is a big plus. Put a custom playlist, and drive off to the outskirts of the city. I prefer Sleeping Dogs' approach to Storytelling/Mission Design/Combat much more.
  • Grim Fandango Remake - Well this one hasn't been confirmed to come to PC yet, but I'm expecting it. It likely just won't come to Xbox consoles. This game badly needed a control system redesign, and a graphical update won't hurt either. I did not actually finish this game due to being frustrated with the elevator puzzle that doesn't work because the internal timer is tied to the CPU speed, making it impossible to complete on modern systems. I very much enjoyed what I played of it, so I look forward to trying it out once more.
Well that list turned out to be longer than I thought.

*: Not my actual video nor engine, I had to take down my other one due to Audio Content ID reasons.

Xenoblade Chronicles X doesn’t look like what I want from the game, and to be fair, I’m not a huge fan of Monolith Soft. It looks like, plotwise, it might go back to a lot of things I hated about Xenogears and Xenosaga. I think the character models look pretty bad, and I know they’re supposed to be evocative of Xenosaga, but yikes. No thanks. Battle system looks identical to Xenoblade’s, which is disappointing as I think it should’ve gotten some animation, balancing, and timing tinkering. Wonder if the sidequests will be as boring as Xenoblade’s were. I don’t give Monolith Soft as much credit as a lot of people on GAF do because 90% of the time, I will dislike something about their games very strongly, and I think they make a better background art studio than a games studio. Coming out for Wii U whenever Monolith feels like it.
Huh, I thought I was being mean for not liking what I played of Xenoblade Chronicles, especially with all the positive attention I heard of it. But if an RPG buff like you is not that fond on it, maybe I wasn't that unjustified on skipping it. (Then again, stuff like Ni No Kuni also gets positive attention for some reason)

Noi

I haven't even finished the first Xenoblade cause the game already bored me enough. Pretty to look at, but man the dumb as bricks AI drives me up a wall. Would rather play any other Monolith game again.

Assassin's Creed: Unity:

I’m mostly playing this for single player. I like Assassin’s Creed. It can be jank. It can be glitchy. And yes, it comes out every single year. AC3 was terrible, but at the same time, I liked most of the other games because I like the historical settings. I’ve wanted the series to go to France for the longest time, and it is! Along with trailers for co-op, they announced some gameplay changes for the series such as countering won’t work all the time, and stealth being forced on the player more often. At the same time, I am wary about it taking cues from AC3. The new climbing animations look great, and the music doesn’t seem too bad. After AC4, I hope it shows that they learned from the mistakes of AC3. Coming in October 2014 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.​

You mean we aren't going to get into co-op shenanigans? ):

I actually genuinely like Xenoblade, but I must admit I'm getting a bit tired of it, around 80 hours in (and only up to
Agniratha
). Doesn't help that I never feel like I have time to play the game, since I have other obligations constantly nagging at me.

I don't think it's a bad game, though, or that the hype, if a little excessive, is unwarranted.

I will say that's kinda amazing, going through the trailer archive on Giant Bomb, that there are a lot of mobile and PC indie games being ported to consoles and handhelds (mostly the Wii U and Vita). Whether those games get as much notoriety on these platforms or not will be another conversation (I don't think they would unless they become cult classics; in all honesty, I hope Tengami gets a bit of it on Wii U despite the game not really being replayable and I hope people like its soundtrack by David Wise). Usually we see games get ported to mobile, so it's interesting that the trend is becoming the reverse.
I'm so sure by the looks of things that Tengami itself is not the sort of game/experience(?) I'd bother with normally but you know I'll follow the Wise Man.
Actually I already gave the soundtrack numerous listens but now I need to hear this stuff in context as well, there's like a Japanese themed Forest Interlude spin off in here.

The latter half of your E3 list makes me wonder just how many Indie games fliy under the radar at an event like E3, the last few I'd yet to hear of but 12 odd hours later one sticks with me for having a playable character simply known as "GHOST MONK" which amuses me for whatever reason.

I'm trying to imagine Schala's e3 impressions after losing her tome abilities.

"Shit was sick, bruh"
Not quite, didn't you read it Beefers? "shit was solid, bruh".
Hmm, that phrasing makes it sound like I'm talking 'bout turds...again.

I actually genuinely like Xenoblade, but I must admit I'm getting a bit tired of it, around 80 hours in (and only up to
Agniratha
). Doesn't help that I never feel like I have time to play the game, since I have other obligations constantly nagging at me.

I don't think it's a bad game, though, or that the hype, if a little excessive, is unwarranted.
I remember finding that the game really start tapering off in the final quarter by comparison to what comes before hand, sudden level spikes in a game that feels particularly ill equipped for grinding and a complete loss of fun new open areas to explore which I'm pretty sure is like 95% of the games entire appeal.

When I first played it back in 2011 it was a perfect case of the right game at the right time for me and I devoured it like a man starved for games, yeah I was pretty high on it back then. Its colossal length though means I've yet to revisit it so I feel like i've cooled down significantly on it since then and thus far X hasn't really grabbed my attention even though I'll end up getting it anyway I'm sure.
So last night I was curious to see how I found Xenoblade hold up and kicked off a new file for a refresher, we'll see how long I can last because there's no chance in hell of me beating it all again.
Though all I can really think right now upon having gone through the first hour is that potentially having Shulk in smash is going to look all kind of silly, the strangely attired chap that he is.

RobbieNick

Went to Sonic Revolution today. I was one of the staff. We had Tommy Talarico on stage talking about his career in game music, Evan Stanley from Archie comics doing sketches and Sega;s own Aaron Webber with Sonic Boom's Stephen Frost along with some other cool activities. It was a nice gathering and a great time was had by all.

Tizoc

Anyone know if there is a higher resolution of this image?
Freedom_Planet_01.jpg

Wanna use it for the banner, but want a 16:9ish ver. of it.

Top Bottom