• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

New Sonic covers and solicits are out.

sth265v.jpg

Amazing.

Yes, I have returned from robbing banks in Milan to resume my tenure as....that guy.

but srsly yo dem sanic boom designs

i can't

im dyin'

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yes, I have returned from robbing banks in Milan to resume my tenure as....that guy.

but srsly yo dem sanic boom designs

i can't

im dyin'
If you think that's weird, you should look at some gameplay footage.

PS: Shit you missed: Lightning Returns killed my desire to platinum games dead.

Falk

that puzzling face
PS: Shit you missed: Lightning Returns killed my desire to platinum games dead.

I currently have FFIII on Steam open on my secondary and I'm hitting buttons every 10 seconds or so for 99 all jobs/all characters achievement while working

sup

Meccanical is back, baby

but between me, ogb, beef, schala, blackjace, and meccanical, there are too many dark-skinned people in one place for NeoGAF

rip in peace whoever is soon to be banned/leave

Speaking of Shadow the Hedgehog: Though I'm not much of a Game Grumps fan anymore (was only ever a casual viewer to begin with), I loved Dan's reaction to Shadow's opening.

"Holy fuck, why does he have a machine gun"

"Are you fucking kidding me with this?"

"Are you serious!?"

"Words fail me right now."

"I feel like I'm on drugs and running a 106 degree fever."

BHZ Mayor

Meccanical is back, baby

but between me, ogb, beef, schala, blackjace, and meccanical, there are too many dark-skinned people in one place for NeoGAF

rip in peace whoever is soon to be banned/leave

I guess that's me, since you just totally glossed over me as if I were Nocturnowl or something.

I guess that's me, since you just totally glossed over me as if I were Nocturnowl or something.

Sure my paleness gets me glossed over but it keeps me safe, pre-emptive farewell old friend.
Oh and welcome back to Meccanical, it's like a revolving door here at Sonic Gaf.

WillyFive

Speaking of Shadow the Hedgehog: Though I'm not much of a Game Grumps fan anymore (was only ever a casual viewer to begin with), I loved Dan's reaction to Shadow's opening.

"Are you serious!?"

I never played the game before (dodged a bullet, ha!), but I'm enjoying their play-through. I had no idea the game was a sequel to the story of SA2. One of the reasons I disliked Sonic Heroes was it's story, how they revived Shadow with no real reason and the generic-ness of it all, especially after what happened in SA2. Looks like they looked to fix that in Shadow's game; but what they came up with was insane.

Village

"Are you serious!?"

That was my reaction to elise.

I don't like elise. I don't think anyone liked that.

I wonder how sega internet talks about that

That was my reaction to elise.

I don't like elise. I don't think anyone liked that.

I wonder how sega internet talks about that

I don't think it's possible to like Elise if you're over the age of, say, 17 or 18.

She's not a character. She has no personality. She barely has any development and almost never changes her tone of voice or demeanor.

The story occasionally references things about her that it never showed us, and the things it is referencing are ultra-generic "Princess Goes On An Adventure And Becomes A Better Person" tropes

She is a cardboard cutout of a person in which we are left to assume most things about her.

I'd focus more on how she gets kidnapped five or six times throughout the plot of the game.

• Attempted kidnap in intro CG cutscene. Rescued by Sonic immediately thereafter.
  • Kidnapped in intro not-CG cutscene, when Eggman's robots distract Sonic. Sonic rescues her from Egg Cerberus a few stages later.
  • Kidnapped by Eggman immediately afterward when Silver distracts Sonic. Sonic's rescue attempt fails and sends him into the future; she tries escaping on her own instead, although Amy ends up helping.
  • Kidnapped by Eggman again as soon as she reaches her castle. Sonic, who's come back in time to save her, rescues her from Eggman's totally-radical train.
  • Kidnapped by Eggman again immediately after, when Silver distracts Sonic a second time. Shadow intercepts, allowing Sonic to catch Elise when she suddenly becomes suicidal and jumps off of Eggman's hovercraft.
  • Willingly surrenders herself to Eggman, in exchange for him not attacking Soleanna's civilians, after Sonic drops her off back at her castle (after running through a jungle as a shortcut). Dies when the Egg Carrier crashes into a cliff, except she doesn't because Sonic goes back in time to reach her just as the ship crashes and saves her.
At least Peach has the decency to not get recaptured in the same game once she's been rescued.

PKrockin

These Sonic Genesis ports sure do look nice on my phone.

They're $1 each on Android in case anyone missed that.

Can't say I like the controls but maybe they have just yet to click with me. I'm not trying CD yet, that game's tendency to bounce you around uncontrollably is probably not a good match for my very shaky control over the virtual d-pad.

Although that sounds like an insult to CD it's one of the things I like about it. It's all about the crazy pinball physics Sonic steadily moved away from over time.

ShadiWulf

I stumbled upon some interesting news regarding the future of Sonic. I don't know where this guy got this info, he doesn't source it, he says it came from a SEGA Rep though, maybe he was at E3 interviewing people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPiAuPl7h9g

Says fans weren't happy about the humor in Colors and Lost World, and that Sonic Boom is aimed at younger kids and will continue an emphasis on humor, aka SEGA West's forced humor to appeal to a different audience.

Says that SEGA Japan will go back to making games for older fans who grew up with the series with a more "adventure" type story.

This makes sense when you think about it, and makes perfect sense as to why Sonic Boom is called Sonic Toon in Japan. SEGA Japan / Sonic Team doesn't think it's worth taking seriously like their epic masterpiece that will soon release called Sonic Adventure 3 =P

While I'm not the biggest fan of the humor found in Colors~Lost World, I certainly like it better than super serious Sanic. I hope that Adventure 3 never happens.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I stumbled upon some interesting news regarding the future of Sonic.

This makes sense when you think about it, and makes perfect sense as to why Sonic Boom is called Sonic Toon in Japan. SEGA Japan / Sonic Team doesn't think it's worth taking seriously like their epic masterpiece that will soon release called Sonic Adventure 3 =P
Oh hey, was wondering where you've been.

That's what I felt for a while, though. Sega Japan does their own thing, Sega America/BRB does their own thing (even if it isn't... hmmmm).

So what you're all saying Wulf is that no matter who makes the games a Bad Future awaits?

Okay it's too soon to assume that from limited information, I just wanted to post that. All I ask is that Sonic Team's next game is actually good and I'll even accept the likes of jumping into the president's limo and hand waving fake chaos emerald warping by "dying hard" surrounding it if so.

PKrockin

Okay it's too soon to assume that from limited information, I just wanted to post that. All I ask is that Sonic Team's next game is actually good and I'll even accept the likes of jumping into the president's limo and hand waving fake chaos emerald warping by "dying hard" surrounding it if so.
I'm not sure how much of this is nostalgia, but I honestly liked SA2's often hilarious attempts at drama more than that time in Colors when... uh... when Sonic calls Eggman Baldy McNosehair. Or that time... um... when... Sonic talks to a dead robot like it's still alive, and then Tails caught him. Or something.

Top Bottom