• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

For whatever reason the modern version of the Sky Sanctuary theme is the only one I really enjoy, I'm indifferent to it otherwise.
I kind of view the Generations take on the stage as fulfilling the concept of the original which always felt to me like a sort of interlude stage connecting two proper zones together so it came out a lot better than I expected, the modern stage is one of the games highlights.

Sonic 3 got shafted a bit in regards to stages, even in the 3DS version it was mushroom hill zone, complete with revolutionary grinding gameplay of hold boost to win for real this time.

Silky

Banned
Just some quick impressions of Sonic 4 Episode 2

Pros:
-The music is much better than Sonic 4 Epsiode 1, but at the same time it still feels a bit uninspired/generic.
-The physics are much better in this game than Sonic 4, but honestly it feels more like the Advance series, but a bit slower. Which isn't bad.
-The action abilities are pretty neat. I actually like using Tails Flight when I don't feel like bouncing / homing attacking.
-Game is fucking pretttyyyyyy.
-The special stages are awesome. I'm a huge fan of Sonic 2's special stages, and the reworking of these are pretty nifty.

Cons:
Jesus christ the sound effect chime for the menus are still being used in this it's so awful, make it stop.
Bosses are a bit too long.
Game is too easy so far.
Stages in general go on a bit too long than needed.

Otherwise unlike Episode 1, I'm not regretting this purchase. It's a solid little Sonic game.

Caladrius

It's time to laugh at Sonic Adventure faces again.

2421878-buggin.png

tumblr_m5cpmqsDD71rr2g16o5_1280.png

tumblr_m5cpmqsDD71rr2g16o2_1280.png

tumblr_inline_mho5vl2Qhe1r02tpd.jpg

I'm so glad I played DX instead.

Though that version was only somewhat better in that department.

I'm so glad I played DX instead.

Though that version was only somewhat better in that department.

See, I'm the opposite. DX just makes Sonic Adventure's shortcomings stick out even more, because even though they added extra detail, nothing else improved. It's all the same awkward, stiff animation, bad lip sync, etc.

At least when it still looks like a game from 1998 you can forgive it for being kind of funky.

Plus, I generally prefer SA1's textures over SADX's. Some of the new textures are... I dunno, too bright, or too detailed, or something. They don't look right.

See, I'm the opposite. DX just makes Sonic Adventure's shortcomings stick out even more, because even though they added extra detail, nothing else improved. It's all the same awkward, stiff animation, bad lip sync, etc.

At least when it still looks like a game from 1998 you can forgive it for being kind of funky.

Plus, I generally prefer SA1's textures over SADX's. Some of the new textures are... I dunno, too bright, or too detailed, or something. They don't look right.
I agree. The characters in SADX are really shiny. At least they fixed Eggman's hands.

(Though he still doesn't have a mouth)

Pietepiet

Same.

When they first announced SADX I was hoping the animations would be updated, cause the models were. But nope. Who was I kidding.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
He probably still looks in here from time to time, so happy birthday to Seven Force!

RR28IeY.jpg

ALSO HI. I've been cleaning my room and donating stuff to charity and throwing old high school/undergrad work out for at least a week now. Which means less posting from me.

But happy birthday, Seven Force!

He probably still looks in here from time to time, so happy birthday to Seven Force!

RR28IeY.jpg

ALSO HI. I've been cleaning my room and donating stuff to charity and throwing old high school/undergrad work out for at least a week now. Which means less posting from me.

But happy birthday, Seven Force!
I honestly thought that the cake said "oooooooooo" before I noticed those were rings.
the vinyl for Sonic R's "Work it out" just showed up at my local trade shop, might have to pick that one up now

Of course you have to pick it up!

ShadiWulf

It's definitely sad that Ruby is leaving SEGA. He has done so much for a lot of games, not just Sonic games. Like others have mentioned, he is one of the main reasons Miku has even been able to come west.

He is an inspiring guy and of course I wish him the best of luck for his future, but I just can't help but be sad. It's understandable though that he wants to move on. It is not good to get complacent.

You will definitely be missed, Aaron!

This really makes me feel even more uneasy about the future of Japanese games and SEGA West with him leaving, but, this isn't the time to discuss such.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aw man, Ruby's leaving. Really loved how he posted on GAF with intent to bring some issues we had to Sega, including our misgivings with Yakuza and Miku releases here. The latter seems more successful than the former, but everything he's done is incredibly appreciated.

Sometimes it's not good to stay in one place for years and years so it's time to move on. He's gonna be missed.

(PS: I always thought he was a cutie.)

How fucked up is it that I damn near forgot my own birthday, but you guys remembered? :lol

Thanks, guys.
I don't know how I remember these things either. :V

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Shovel Knight's soundtrack's pretty hot, and it's a good game. Finished it off yesterday and the latter half felt better than the first half.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I got mine early because I contributed to the kickstarter.

And took pics in that game's OT using a capture card because there was no miiverse yet. :V

Top Bottom