• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Dual Shock 3 - Who's importing?

Kariido

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Ratchet, Haze, Uncharted will all have rumble. I'm not entirely certain of this, but I think Resistance is going to get a rumble patch.

Yeah your correct Resistance will be recieving a patch as will Warhawk. Factor 5 is considering putting rumble in Lair and I don't see why Ninja Theory wouldn't either.

I most likely will import as soon as I get the chance. I remember last Christmas I couldn't find 1 PS3 controller so I had to import.

a Master Ninja said:
*obligatory Panaphonics and Magnetbox reference*

MercuryLS said:
Bart: Don't be a sap Dad, these are just crappy knockoffs.
Homer: I know a genuine Panaphonics when I see one. And look, here's Magnetbox and Sorny Dual Shock 3!

rkenshin said:
Isn't Sorny a reference from The Simpsons, where they go buy a new TV from the value priced store

:lol

MercuryLS

Banned
rkenshin said:
Isn't Sorny a reference from The Simpsons, where they go buy a new TV from the value priced store

*cough*

MercuryLS said:
Homer: I know a genuine Panaphonics when I see one. And look, here's Magnetbox and Sorny Dual Shock 3!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I confess that this is really not my song
I bought it in Hong Kong
It's a knock off

I confess that this is really not my voice
Although I had a choice
It's a knock off

So close to real
The look, the feel
So close, and yet
The paint's still wet

You keep thinking that you're really holding hands
Sorry, that's no hand
It's a knock off

Just my luck that I would look into your eyes
Then I realized
They were knock offs

So close to real
The look, the feel
So close and yet
The paint's still wet

I can guess that though you really wear it well
What you're wearing well
It's a knock off

And the Renoir you see hanging on the wall
Bought it at the mall
It's a knock off

So close to real
The look, the feel
So close and yet
The paint's still wet

can someone explain to me why everyone is jumping on the 'importing' bandwagon?

Is it going to be released in Japan before US? Only sold seperatley in Japan and only bundled in US? Whaa?

Kyoufu

Wildcat1080 said:

Is it going to be released in Japan before US? Only sold seperatley in Japan and only bundled in US? Whaa?

Its either import in November or wait til spring 2008. You decide.

Raistlin

Wildcat1080 said:

For some dumb reason ... it ain't coming to the west until next year.

BTW - your avatar kicks ass!

MercuryLS said:

Finally! Took long enough for someone to mention it! :lol

knicks

Ill just wait it out, its only rumble, dont see a huge deal especially if no games even support it yet. It would be obvious that the controller will be released when games feature it, so it would be unnecessary to import it.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
its 5000 yen for a sixaxis, so i`m guessing even at a best case scenario you`ll be getting hit for $60 a DS3 on import.

I wonder what sony will do? I hope it`s a price cut for the six axis and DS3 replaces the sixaxis at 5000 yen.

thank god i didn`t support sony heavy at PS3 launch and bought 4 controllers.... oh wait...

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Absolutely, even if for DMC4 and MGS4 alone. Hell either one solo is well worth it.

Kyoufu

DCharlie said:
its 5000 yen for a sixaxis, so i`m guessing even at a best case scenario you`ll be getting hit for $60 a DS3 on import.

I wonder what sony will do? I hope it`s a price cut for the six axis and DS3 replaces the sixaxis at 5000 yen.

thank god i didn`t support sony heavy at PS3 launch and bought 4 controllers.... oh wait...

Can't tell if you really did buy 4 controllers (its late here :p) but is there even a game on PS3 that is 4 players and worth playing right now?

dfyb

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Can't tell if you really did buy 4 controllers (its late here :p) but is there even a game on PS3 that is 4 players and worth playing right now?
the best multiplayer console shooter just so happens to support 4 player split screen on the fly.

DCharlie

i did - my theory was that i would be buying 4 controllers anyways, so might as well get them at launch. Plus i`d still need 4 controllers for BC too.

4 players - Warhawk :D

back then ? not as such.

JCBossman

Banned
My question is what is the play time of a Sixaxis? What is the playtime of a Sixaxis with somewhat "Worn" batteries? Figure this thing is going to have about HALF of both of those times.

DCharlie

the best multiplayer console shooter just so happens to support 4 player split screen.

I`m glad you love Halo 3 so much, but is there any need to derail a Sony thread with this bunk?

knicks said:
Ill just wait it out, its only rumble, dont see a huge deal especially if no games even support it yet. It would be obvious that the controller will be released when games feature it, so it would be unnecessary to import it.

LIST OF PLAYSTATION 3 TITLES COMPATIBLE WITH DUALSHOCK 3 IN JAPAN
As of September 20th, 2007

Vampire Rain -Altered Species-
BIOHAZARD(R) 5
Devil May Cry(R) 4
Dark Sector
Burnout Paradise
FIFA franchise (title name TBD)
BUMPY TROT2
Dynasty Warriors 6
Fatal Inertia
GI JOCKEY 4 2007
METAL GEAR ONLINE
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS
IMABIKISOU
Blast Factor (*1)
echochrome
Folklore (*1)
FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION (*1)
Go! Sports Ski (*1)
Heavenly Sword (*1)
MotorStorm (*1)
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Resistance: Fall of Men (*1)
Super Stardust HD (*1)
TOY HOME
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Warhawk (*1)

LIST OF PLAYSTATION 3 TITLES COMPATIBLE WITH DUALSHOCK 3 IN NORTH AMERICA AND EUROPE *2
As of September 20th, 2007

The Darkness
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Soldier of Fortune
BIOHAZARD(R) 5
Devil May Cry(R) 4
N-Cube
Warbit
Dark Sector
Turok
Highlander
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Burnout Paradise
FIFA franchise (title name TBD)
Legendary: The Box
To End All Wars
RAGE
WarDevil - Unleash the Beast Within
Dynasty Warriors 6
Fatal Inertia
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS
Blacksite: Area 51
TNA Wrestling
Unreal Tournament 3
Wheelman
Cops (codename, title name TBD)
Planet One (codename, title name TBD)
Heroes over Europe
Condemned 2
Iron Man
The Club
The Crucible
The Incredible Hulk
Blast Factor (*1)
echochrome
Elefunk
Folklore (*1)
FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION (*1)
Go! Sports Ski (*1)
Heavenly Sword (*1)
High Velocity Bowling
MLB 08: The Show
MotorStorm (*1)
NBA 08 (*1)
PAIN
Rat Race
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Resistance: Fall of Man (*1)
Snakeball
SOCOM: Confrontation
Super Stardust HD (*1)
TOY HOME
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Warhawk (*1)
WipEout HD
GripShift(R)
NBA 2K8
Destroy All Humans 3
Stuntman Ignition
Assassin's Creed
BEOWULF
HAZE
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (*1)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (*1)
Prototype
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

(*1) Users will be able to enjoy the rumble feature through software update.
(*2) Actual titles to be released may vary among countries and regions.

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2007/9/19-38

Bookey said:
Ill be picking one up so i can get my rumble on with gt5p and dmc4

GT5P should have rumble when it launches considering Kaz described the PS3 initially not having rumble as being "devastating".

If the patches come out before the controller I'd be surprised.
If they do, and a software update adds rumble to backwards compatibility i'll import of course

andy_lhc

i thought I read somewhere about an article mentioning about the DS3 compatibility with the released games and someone from SCEA said we can import the DS3 from other regions but the software patches will only be updated once DS3 is officially launched in the said region?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Thinking about it more, the most I would be willing to pay is 70 with shipping. Any more and it would really upset me, until I feel the sweet vibration next to my bussom.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Indifferent2.gif
= sorny?

Onix said:
For some dumb reason ... it ain't coming to the west until next year.

BTW - your avatar kicks ass!
Gotcha, that's all i was asking. I was under the assumption it was Spring 08 worldwide. That's pretty lame though.

And thanks. I love downs cat.

Concept17

Since I've stopped realizing the controller actually rumbled many, many years ago. I'll just wait till it comes out here, and I need a 3rd and 4th controller.

Concept17 said:
Since I've stopped realizing the controller actually rumbled many, many years ago. I'll just wait till it comes out here, and I need a 3rd and 4th controller.
Go play a 360 (halo 3 and bioshock are great games for rumble) and you'll never want to use the Sixaxis ever again.

I owned a PS3, returned it because it felt like it wasn't worth $600 - got a 360 instead and the biggest thing that blew me away wasn't the graphics, the huge library, or xbox live....but it was the feel of feedback in my hands again.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Wildcat1080 said:
Go play a 360 (halo 3 and bioshock are great games for rumble) and you'll never want to use the Sixaxis ever again.

I owned a PS3, returned it because it felt like it wasn't worth $600 - got a 360 instead and the biggest thing that blew me away wasn't the graphics, the huge library, or xbox live....but it was the feel of feedback in my hands again.

:lol

Different strokes for different folks. I didn't think rumble mattered that much to anyone.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Wildcat1080 said:

:lol :lol :lol

Bebpo

Banned
I'm importing for Uncharted, DMC4, and MGS4.

I sort of want to hold off on playing Ratchet for a month and experience it with rumble for the first time...but I doubt I can do it.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Bebpo said:
I'm importing for Uncharted, DMC4, and MGS4.

I sort of want to hold off on playing Ratchet for a month and experience it with rumble for the first time...but I doubt I can do it.

That would take more nerd willpower than I can muster.

Top Bottom