• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Dual Shock 3 - Who's importing?

Geezer said:
:lol :lol :lol
errr guess i was asking for it coming into a ps3 thread and supporting something as last gen as rumble :::rolleyes::::

Sony: "Rumble is so last gen, we have motion control now. Who needs rumble."

*2 years later*

Sony: "Rumble is so hot right now! Dual Shock 3 coming soon! Go buy it!"

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Wildcat1080 said:
errr guess i was asking for it coming into a ps3 thread and supporting something as last gen as rumble :::rolleyes::::

*2 years later*

2001981490461201996_rs.jpg

I still don't know what kind of rumble tecnology is built inside that damn controller,is it a custom touchsense or just the old rumble tecnology?Until this question will be answered,it's a no....
However i'll buy one regardless when msg4 will come out.
It's nice to see the trolls has arrived.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
If I can get one shipped to the EU from somewhere..probably via ebay. And if it's not too expensive. I actually need a new pad now anyway..one of my controllers has a stuck circle button, not sure how it happened.

Raist

Banned
Wildcat1080 said:

*2 years later*

Congratulations, you've ust discovered the wonderful world of PR folks.

Phil Harrison said:
Yeah, what did you expect us to say ?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wildcat1080 said:

*2 years later*

Besides the trolling, this is a common misconception I keep reading over and over again.

AFAIK Sony never stated something like "we didn't add rumble cos it's an old gen feature". The old/next gen argument was brought up in relation to the decision to add the motion sensor instead of the rumble. They had to choose between the two, and went with the motion sensor claiming it was more "next gen" than the "old gen" rumble. Which is hardly debateble.

As for the reasoning about the OMISSION of the rumble ON TOP of the motion sensor, that's another story.

How am i trolling? I like both systems, but i'm not so blinded by fanboyism that i'm going to stick up for a controller without rumble vs. one WITH rumble

Why can't you all just admit it, not having rumble just straight up BLOWS and takes a ton of immersion out of gaming. :shrug:

And PR sure. I'll let Phil Harrison have that one since i would have his love child. And anyways, my beef isn't with Sony really - it's towards the obviously ignorant and stubborn people who won't just admit that rumble does make a difference. They aren't bringing it back just for shits and giggles ya know.

Afrikan

DCharlie said:
i did - my theory was that i would be buying 4 controllers anyways, so might as well get them at launch. Plus i`d still need 4 controllers for BC too.

4 players - Warhawk :D

back then ? not as such.

I have 6 sixaxis....so don't feel too bad....

I bought 4 additional ones plus the ones that came with my PS3 and the PS3 I bought for my little bro....

its fun for the sports games.....and of course Warhawk.....but I feel where it shines to have extra controllers are for PS2/PS1 games that required Multitaps...its just so much easier and less messy.....

has anyone tried trading in any sixaxis yet....how did u get?

I figure I'll only need 2 Shockaxis sticks....so I'll sell 2 of my current ones.....

Captain Pants

Wildcat1080 said:
How am i trolling? I like both systems, but i'm not so blinded by fanboyism that i'm going to stick up for a controller without rumble vs. one WITH rumble

Why can't you all just admit it, not having rumble just straight up BLOWS and takes a ton of immersion out of gaming. :shrug:

And PR sure. I'll let Phil Harrison have that one since i would have his love child. And anyways, my beef isn't with Sony really - it's towards the obviously ignorant and stubborn people who won't just admit that rumble does make a difference. They aren't bringing it back just for shits and giggles ya know.

Nice backpedal... work it!

On topic:

I've been wondering if this delay for Europe and North America isn't actually a good thing. Remember when some Sony big wig said they weren't opposed to having different controllers for different markets. I love the traditional Dual Shock button layout, but I think it would be cool to have the d-pad and the left joystick switch places.

2005624342288263554_rs.jpg

Gattsu25

Banned
Guybrush Threepwood said:
The title of this thread reminds me of how "corn" used to look exactly like "com" on older computers/Windows versions.
Diablo II - I had a hell of a fun time telling the 5's and 6's apart :b

Captain Pants

snack said:
Will the DS3 from Japan work on US systems? Play-Asia says it only works on Japanese systems.

That has been my concern the whole time. I don't know why it wouldn't work, but I don't want to buy a paperweight either.

andy_lhc

I still cannot get over the fact how the minute Playasia opens up the preorder for DS3, it got sold out in minutes......shows how many people are anticipating that controller....:lol

Core407 said:

I think Play Asia knows full well just how much Americans and Canadians pay for the Sixaxis. They just added to that and then added a BS list price to make us feel like we're getting a deal.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Rice-Eater said:
I think Play Asia knows full well just how much Americans and Canadians pay for the Sixaxis. They just added to that and then added a BS list price to make us feel like we're getting a deal.

Why have a BS like price like that?

Make it have a list price of $200, it makes it look like even more of a value.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hcoregamer00 said:
Why have a BS like price like that?

Make it have a list price of $200, it makes it look like even more of a value.

But then that would be $130 off, so they'd be making even less money than they are now. Maybe even losing money. It would be nice but these import shops aren't Microsoft. :lol

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
AstroLad said:
But then that would be $130 off, so they'd be making even less money than they are now. Maybe even losing money. It would be nice but these import shops aren't Microsoft. :lol

Well, either way, they aren't paying $70 for these controllers.

They give an absurd list price which we KNOW isn't the Japanese retail price. If they are giving absurd list prices, why not make it look like you are getting a good value by raising the list price higher and give a large "discount" that lowers the price to $70.

Nightz

snack said:
Will the DS3 from Japan work on US systems? Play-Asia says it only works on Japanese systems.

Region Free DualShock 3 Supports Ratchet & Clank Future Day One

This afternoon, I cruised on up to the Insomniac Games office for a last minute look at Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction for the PLAYSTATION 3. Having missed out on the game's DualShock 3 support in the Tokyo Game Show demo and well aware (read: right pissed) at the release "lag" that meant most North Americans won't have access to the PS3's rumbling afterthought, I was curious about support for the "ShockAxis" for the domestic release. Short answer? It's looking good.

Here's the deal: while Sony won't officially support an imported Japanese DualShock 3, games like Ratchet & Clank Future will. The game was listed as DualShock 3 ready in the official "List Of PS3 Games That Support The DualShock 3" without requiring a software update, but I wanted to be sure.

The game—the first to support the new controller sans software update—ships on October 30, with the DualShock 3 hitting Japanese retailers on November 11, so there's still a potential delay in getting to enjoy Ratchet & Clank Future as it was intended. The worse news is that actually finding an importer with one in stock is going to prove more difficult.

We're going to be in touch with everyone who has a game shipping before the American and European release dates of the DS3, just to satisfy our curiosity.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/shock-the-...orts-ratchet--clank-future-day-one-309528.php

Hopefully that answers your question. :)

jjasper

I want to because I need a new one and don't want to buy one that will be outdated in 6-8 months. I guess I will go for the yes-asia preorder even if it is $70, at least it is free worldwide shipping.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Onix said:
Anyone know where you can import the white one from? PlayAsia pre-sold all of theirs within a day or two :(
Check post 123 on this page, those retarded images made me scroll over it the first time too

Raistlin

kenta said:
Check post 123 on this page, those retarded images made me scroll over it the first time too

Sweet, thanks (you're right ... scrolled right by it).

The question is ... do I want black or white? What's everyone else doing?

kenta

Has no PEINS
Onix said:
Sweet, thanks (you're right ... scrolled right by it).

The question is ... do I want black or white? What's everyone else doing?
I went with white just because I already have 2 black ones. When the original DualShock came out, I bought it in black (when the rest of the controllers were grey) and it became my lucky controller, I'm hoping the same happens here :)

Raistlin

kenta said:
I went with white just because I already have 2 black ones. When the original DualShock came out, I bought it in black (when the rest of the controllers were grey) and it became my lucky controller, I'm hoping the same happens here :)

I'll probably do the same :)

To be honest ... if there was a PS3 region hack, I'd actually just order the white PS3. Initial impressions say its quieter ... plus you're not getting ripped on the controller pricing.

exarkun

Is it bad that I like the green colored PS3? And the white one make me want to skeeet! That said, Anyone find anywhere else where they aren't sold out?

if burnout is notably better on PS3 (to make up for the fact i'd be leaving behind my group of 360 owning friends that still play revenge online every week) i'm importing. i'm not playing burnout without rumble.

mutsu

kenta said:

Re-posting for clarity :)

YesAsia now has them available for preorder.

Black version

White version

Play-Asia, as it stands, is already presold out! http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-2act.html

YesAsia's one is a fairly good deal. They have a promotion right now when you purchase over US$50.00 you get a US$5.00 coupon for your next purchase. Free shipping too of course.

Top Bottom