• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

sn00zer

Funny thing is I dont really like the PS1 Jet Motos, well i did as a kid, but they do not hold up, but the concept is awesome and ripe for new tech

fixuis

Reposting my glorious and accurate predictions

nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

This right here is the dream :'). Imagine a jet motorstorm but also mixed with racing Ina desert and jungle with gfx that rival those of e3 2005 motorstorm cg. Insanity. The crash bit, perfection. I would add one thing, when the camera pans into space you are in the middle of an epic space battle and colony wars is revealed.

E3 gets more coverage, though. Plus it's a private event, so you can't compare it on size alone.
While that's true in terms of sheer size and attendance, it is not true in terms of announcements and importance to the industry. E3 is still the place for the biggest announcements.
Every hardware iteration and price cut, and launch dates happened at Gamescom lately, and those are always big and important announcements for Sony.

cheezcake

While that's true in terms of sheer size and attendance, it is not true in terms of announcements and importance to the industry. E3 is still the place for the biggest announcements.

And for some devs thats a negative, the 'biggest' announcements media-wise are invariably the new COD, Assassins Creed, Halo etc

New IP's and smaller devs tend to get lost in the noise

Kei-

And for some devs thats a negative, the 'biggest' announcements media-wise are invariably the new COD, Assassins Creed, Halo etc

New IP's and smaller devs tend to get lost in the noise

That's true, but he's talking about a Final Fantasy 7 remake. That's an E3 or TGS announcement, most likely E3 considering the way the console market is turning out in Japan, along with past Final Fantasy announcements.

cheezcake

That's true, but he's talking about a Final Fantasy 7 remake. That's an E3 or TGS announcement, most likely E3 considering the way the console market is turning out in Japan, along with past Final Fantasy announcements.

A Final Fantasy 7 remake is not really an E3 announcement, E3 has turned into the one place where non-gamers tend to give quite a bit of focus to the gaming industry. And because of that we see mostly advertising for the mass market stuff; Watch Dogs, Destiny, COD, AC, Battlefield and so on. A FFVII remake could be an E3 announcement, but it could as well be a gamescom/TGS/something else announcement. The target audience will be reached regardless.

mid83

I've never really followed Gamescom, but since I'm actually off today, I figured I'd watch both the MS and Sony press events.

Any history of big announcements at Gamescom or should we just expect to see more footage of previous announced games?

Lingitiz

I've never really followed Gamescom, but since I'm actually off today, I figured I'd watch both the MS and Sony press events.

Any history of big announcements at Gamescom or should we just expect to see more footage of previous announced games?

There were quite a few announcements last year. Both Sony and MS seem to be taking Gamescom very seriously this year so it may be bigger than years past.

Dragon

Banned
There's actually a well known NES game based on the movie if you get interested in it. I always loved the music as a kid.

mid83

There were quite a few announcements last year. Both Sony and MS seem to be taking Gamescom very seriously this year so it may be bigger than years past.

Awesome! Hopefully we'll see some cool stuff today.

Any other press conferences besides Sony and MS?

Top Bottom