• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

DNAbro

Reposting my glorious and accurate predictions

nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

status of your train

train_wreck.jpg

I would like to see some new titles. Time for Bend.

Hell when you think about it there are tons of games that haven't been seen or heard from in awhile. Or ones we just haven't gotten much out of yet.

Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
Rime
Everybody's Gone to Rapture
The Witness
Media Molecules project
FFXV
KH3
Shadow of the Beast
Everquest NEXT
Planetside 2 PS4

At this point seeing new stuff from The Witness and Rime and Uncharted and Bloodborne and such like that will be just as good as seeing a reveal of a brand new game. Considering we've seen jack from most of them for so long.

We've seen maybe 2 minutes of footage out of bloodborne. Maybe a minute of Rime. A minute or 2 of Uncharted. Maybe 5 minutes or so of The Witness. Almost nothing from shadow of the beast. nothing from everybody's gone to rapture.

So much to see. So many games to keep awareness of. Yet we always want something completely new.

sn00zer

You dream big sn00zer I'll give ya that.

Did I mention Tomba!'s glorious 2.5 D return as well, with cel shaded graphics also developed by Sanzaru? And who can forget the rumors of Medievil 3 of course by Guerilla Cambridge. And PSABR2:We Got the Roster Right or PSABR2:WGtRR. And finally Wipeout Legacy which is PS4 release of package of Wipeout HD, Fury, and 2048 in one package.

Remark

Banned
I hope they have Planetside 2 about ready to launch on PS4. From the gameplay I've seen the game runs fine they've just been working on UI.

RK128

Did I mention Tomba!'s glorious 2.5 D return as well, with cel shaded graphics also developed by Sanzaru? And who can forget the rumors of Medievil 3 of course by Guerilla Cambridge. And PSABR2:We Got the Roster Right or PSABR2:WGtRR. And finally Wipeout Legacy which is PS4 release of package of Wipeout HD, Fury, and 2048 in one package.

Please stop man XD! Your ideas are just way to awesome and smart for Sony to really do :D!

Dat Wipeout and Medievil 3 idea though.....could see that work :D.

Edit: Is a Persona 3 Vita Remaster included in your grand plan sn00zer? Would love to see that happen :D.

RK128

Here is the anti-spoiler Gamescom Sony Conference thread guys :D. If there are any recommendations for changes to the OP, please speak up; will be happy to edit it :).

sn00zer

Here is the anti-spoiler Gamescom Sony Conference thread guys :D. If there are any recommendations for changes to the OP, please speak up; will be happy to edit it :).

Put the link on its own line and in a longer title like 'Official Gamecom Stream'.... most people wont be reading your post and will just want the link

LBP3 was also there, and I'd say Grim Fandago was a pretty out of nowhere surprise. NMS coming to PS4 was also surprising since people were speculating MS would pick it up first.

Yes, don't get me wrong - I think Sony had a good E3. Lots of game announcements and third party support.

But they clearly held a lot back, especially from their premier studios...which is why I think Gamescom will be better.

Those games would bomb but I'd play them. No love for PaRappa?

If this the first games event for Sony where there hasn't been any big leaks? Unless I have missed something, they are keeping things less...leaky.

sn00zer

If this the first games event for Sony where there hasn't been any big leaks? Unless I have missed something, they are keeping things less...leaky.

I think a lot of the games are known and who they are coming from, just no footage....outside of the massive project beast dump early video is rare unless its a third party "leaking" it before a presser

Thankfully.

Or maybe there is nothing big to leak? :p

There has been a leak since there was a list from Sony that had Journey, Until Dawn, and Unfinished Swan on it.

I think a lot of the games are known and who they are coming from, just no footage....outside of the massive project beast dump early video is rare unless its a third party "leaking" it before a presser

It is a good thing imo as I'm going in to tomorrow and will be surprised by anything they got :)

But yeah the games we know I'm really looking forward to anyway.

jwtsonga

Seriously just make a thread called "Spoiler free gamescom 2014"

And try to include MS, Sony and EA conferences, and MGS V. To have a one stop shop....

And try to include MS, Sony and EA conferences, and MGS V. To have a one stop shop....

I don't think this is a bad idea, but maybe just re-tool this thread to be that instead of starting another one?

I just bookmarked Sony's Gamescom stream. I'm pretty sure a pre-recorded version loads up for visitors after the live broadcast has ended?

Will the streams be archived? I don't want to wake up at 7 just to watch Microsofts......

I also don't want to wake up later and see everything that got announced or such.

Where can I catch a live stream for this?

Is Sony going to stream it themselves on the PS4?

I'm sorry if this has been answered, I didn't see it in the OP.

Kssio_Aug

I really hope the announce TLG & Shemue, just so we don't have to go over the inflated hype at every single event ever again.

We might lose 50% of all posts in every future thread

There would still have Final Fantasy VII remake!

Tbh, even FFXV! LOL

jbug617

Banned
I'm expecting:

Until Dawn
Bloodborne
Indies
Media Molecule Reveal
PS4 Update Info
Destiny Multiplayer
New Skus for Vita and a 1TB PS4
The Order
No Man Sky

Hopefully they tighten up their conference because E3 it seemed they wasted time.

Top Bottom