• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

RK128

Unless Sony wants to write a big check(they wont) it would definitley be mutiplatform.

But what if Sony Co-Develops it? I mean, they could have some of Studio Japan and Santa Monica (they are fimilar with working with JP developers; reportedly sent over some team members to help out with TLG), so them helping out with this would justify exclusivity (even then, it could be a timed exclusive for half a year).

Either way, if this really does happen, that will be amazing :D.

Hyunashi

Unless Sony wants to write a big check(they wont) it would definitley be mutiplatform.

Yep, why go through all that and waste money when its going to sell its majority on a Sony console. If it actually happens (I mean come on, SE have FF15 and KH3 to worry about), they should just pay to advertise it relentlessly.

Its a different story if Sony is helping develop it though (considering how much SE have on their plate). Either way, not expecting a remake.

But what if Sony Co-Develops it? I mean, they could have some of Studio Japan and Santa Monica (they are fimilar with working with JP developers; reportedly sent over some team members to help out with TLG), so them helping out with this would justify exclusivity (even then, it could be a timed exclusive for half a year).

Either way, if this really does happen, that will be amazing :D.

Especially with FF15 and KH3 on Square's plate already.

Is Until Down Dawn going to be the biggest surprise in Sony conference? All those Sony teasers suggest that.

Maybe if you keep repeating something it will become true.

Anywho, I predict tomorrow this thread will be filled with disappointment, concern trolling and a bunch of ridiculous demands. Sony will have a good gamescom and continue to sell consoles. Heaven knows what these people are all playing though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Is Until Down Dawn going to be the biggest surprise in Sony conference? All those Sony teasers suggest that.

Stop calling it Until Down. Unlike all of my hilarious puns, it doesn't make sense, isn't funny, and is lazy. Unless you are going to come up with something like Atelier Uguugu, you should stick to posting in xbox threads XBOT

hawk2025

Maybe if you keep repeating something it will become true.

Anywho, I predict tomorrow this thread will be filled with disappointment, concern trolling and a bunch of ridiculous demands. Sony will have a good gamescom and continue to sell consoles. Heaven knows what these people are all playing though.

I can help you with that:

Software
1. Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
2. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
3. Minecraft (360, PS3)
4. UFC (PS4, Xbox One)
5. FIFA 14 (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)
6. NBA 2K14 (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
7. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
8. Call of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PC)
9. Tomodachi Life (3DS)
10. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)

Digital
PS4 Games
1 Watch Dogs
2 EA SPORTS UFC
3 Valiant Hearts: The Great War
4 Outlast
5 Entwined
6 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
7 Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition
8 EA SPORTS FIFA 14
9 Trials Fusion
10 inFAMOUS First Light
11 Battlefield 4
12 Worms Battlegrounds
13 Child of Light
14 Wolfenstein: The New Order
15 Flower PS4
16 MLB 14 THE SHOW
17 NBA 2K14
18 Octodad: Dadliest Catch
19 Sniper Elite 3
20 inFAMOUS Second Son Limited Edition

You are welcome.

Salex_

^ @hawk He was being sarcastic lol.
-------------------

Anyways, I think Ape Escape is going to be announced tomorrow. I can feel it.

RK128

Yep, why go through all that and waste money when its going to sell its majority on a Sony console. If it actually happens (I mean come on, SE have FF15 and KH3 to worry about), they should just pay to advertise it relentlessly.

Its a different story if Sony is helping develop it though (considering how much SE have on their plate). Either way, not expecting a remake.

Especially with FF15 and KH3 on Square's plate already.

Well, I'm not expecting it to happen, but it would be a smart move for both of them :). Sony lacks RPG's and while them rebooting a old-school one like Ark the Lad or Legend of Dragoon would be amazing....why develop a FF killer, when you can just make FF game yourselves?

Studio Japan and Santa Monica giving a smaller Square-Enix a hand in making this sounds like a dream team :D. Get the original producer, composer and designer on board to lead this project and BAM, your good to go :).

Besides, it doesn't have to be an massive money sink either :l. All they would have to do is take the base game, give all the pre-rendered assets a new coat of paint (basically, making MUCH higher quality and having them be rendered at 1080p) and have the animations/characters models be very high quality. Add in some gameplay fixes (like a fourth party member, I guess more content with new extra bosses) and add in fully voiced dialog instead of text boxes....and you have a pricy but not flat out FFXIII level production.

It could be a very smart move if handled well, so lets see what happens if this REALLY does exist.

Also, KH3 and FF Verses XIII SHOULD have been out by now (with the former not needing so many damn handheld spin-offs and the latter......less said about that the better X(), so I don't see that excuse hold water, even if that doesn't sound that fair.

hawk2025

^ @hawk He was being sarcastic lol.
-------------------

Anyways, I think Ape Escape is going to be announced tomorrow. I can feel it.

It's really hard to tell at this point :p

I always find it to be the weirdest complaint: "People are buying these consoles with nothing to play! Where are the games?" All the while there's plenty of data and direct information on precisely what people are playing. Weird.

Anyways, Gamescom.

I can help you with that:

Software
1. Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
2. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
3. Minecraft (360, PS3)
4. UFC (PS4, Xbox One)
5. FIFA 14 (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)
6. NBA 2K14 (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
7. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
8. Call of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PC)
9. Tomodachi Life (3DS)
10. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)

Digital
PS4 Games
1 Watch Dogs
2 EA SPORTS UFC
3 Valiant Hearts: The Great War
4 Outlast
5 Entwined
6 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
7 Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition
8 EA SPORTS FIFA 14
9 Trials Fusion
10 inFAMOUS First Light
11 Battlefield 4
12 Worms Battlegrounds
13 Child of Light
14 Wolfenstein: The New Order
15 Flower PS4
16 MLB 14 THE SHOW
17 NBA 2K14
18 Octodad: Dadliest Catch
19 Sniper Elite 3
20 inFAMOUS Second Son Limited Edition

You are welcome.

Haven't you heard? Multiplats and indies don't count.

Moving on, im looking to see exactly what this bloodborne is. It looks like a bit of Character action + Dark souls, which would be right up my street.

If its just dark souls with a shotgun... pass.

Chobel

Guys I'm not trolling, at least it's not my intention, I'm genuinely asking so I can keep my expectations in check. The name, I know it's "Dawn" but for some reason I kept writing "Down " instead of "Dawn" and not seeing that. Sorry about all of that

Guys I'm not trolling, at least it's not my intention, I'm genuinely asking so I can keep my expectations in check. The name, I know it's "Dawn" but for some reason I kept writing "Down " instead of "Dawn" and not seeing that. Sorry about all of that
Don't worry about it.

Jomjom

Banned
Europe is as big or bigger a market for Sony as the us. I don't understand why people think it won't get a good show. Gamescom has been better than e3 each of the last two years IMO.

Yeah but their E3s have not been anything to write home about so that's not saying much.

stryke

It's not just you who does it but I think asking "Is this their biggest surprise?" is one of the most useless questions to ask around here.

People who don't know, can't give a sufficient answer. Those that do know, wouldn't answer you at all.

Much better.

Frankly, though, I highly doubt Sony is going to let a horror game with morpheus elements by SUPER MASSIVE be the big game for them.

No need for that worry. Bloodborne is all this world needs right now. Lots and lots of Bloodborne. A whole bunch of behind the scenes leaks. Lots of leaks. Nice 1080p official gameplay trailer on PSN and every other media outlet. Tons of first hand impressions.

Oh and throw in some Rime while they are at it. Let's see if that initial Wind Waker meets Ico style pays off like it originally did in the first trailer.

It's either their biggest surprise or its being teased because the game was already announced years back, so there's no impetus to actively hide it.

This is a rarity for Sony, they practically never tease anything to the extent of revealing the genre, even for their biggest IPs.

TomShoe

Banned
Is there going to be a spoiler thread? I'm probably going to miss the Sony conference, and I don't want to get spoiled when The Last Guardian gets revealed.

Yeah but their E3s have not been anything to write home about so that's not saying much.

Sony always spreads their stuff out and does not blow their load in one conference usually. Microsoft should spread their stuff about but I guess e3 is their only big market.

Come on Guerrilla, gimme some o' dat new IP goodness. Also, I think Uncharted Remastered Collection is a good shout for this conference, could be out in first half of 2015 ready for UC4 later in the year (if it hits then)

Hyunashi

No need for that worry. Bloodborne is all this world needs right now. Lots and lots of Bloodborne. A whole bunch of behind the scenes leaks. Lots of leaks. Nice 1080p official gameplay trailer on PSN and every other media outlet. Tons of first hand impressions.

Oh and throw in some Rime while they are at it. Let's see if that initial Wind Waker meets Ico style pays off like it originally did in the first trailer.

I like how you think. This would keep me satisfied till TGS.

Sony always spreads their stuff out and does not blow their load in one conference usually. Microsoft should spread their stuff about but I guess e3 is their only big market.

Yup, but to be fair, E3 is Microsoft's most important conference as the majority of their sales come from NA and UK (which is basically an extension of NA). I don't get the mentality some people have of dismissing anything not announced at E3. It's ridiculous.

Chobel

It's not just you who does it but I think asking "Is this their biggest surprise?" is one of the most useless questions to ask around here.

People who don't know, can't give a sufficient answer. Those that do know, wouldn't answer you at all.

I wasn't looking for 100% correct answer, just enough discussion to make up my mind about it.

sn00zer

Gamescom Predictions
-Open with continuation of Uncharted 4 trailer which shifts right into gameplay when Drake enter the jungle

-gameplay trailer ends with Drake enter new area of the jungle, but it is now daylight and the jungle looks a bit brighter camera zooms in to orange object off in the distance....its Crash

-Immediately follows into demo for PSN Crash Bandicoot from small Naughty Dog team

-demo ends with Neo Cortex in space leering down at Crash from his satellite...suddenly alarms go off, then another, and another. Camera swoops over to sea of alarm lights, sitting on top a sea of monkeys

-Sony announces 'The Great Ape Escape' by Sanzaru Studios. No trailer just a title and Now in Development

-Now lets 'switch gears'

-New DRIVECLUB footage, looks gorgeous as always

-Demo ends announcer says 'thats not all we've been working on at Evolution studios'. Trailer begins with a set of dune buggies, motorcycles, and trucks racing through a forest somewhere in north america. The groups begins racing in a river kicking up water as they approach the end of the river. Suddenly all the cars come to a screeching halt, smashing and sliding into each other at the edge of a waterfall.
A new engine sound can be heard in the distance, sounding similar to a fighter jet. Camera pans up behind the wall of autos and you can see what looks like 2 or three motorcyles coming up the rear very fast. Just as the motorcycles look like they are about to hit the stopped cars, they swiftly jump over revealing themselves to be prototype Jet Moto bikes. They go flying down the waterfall splashing down into the water below and jumping back out flying into the air moving into a gameplay race between the 3 bikes, ducking and diving between trees and river banks, busting through abandoned homes. The stopped cars from the waterfall are soon seen racing along the banks of the river. Race accumulates in a huge finish with all of the cars, trucks, and jet motos squeezing past a narrow finish line.
'Jet Motorstorm' flashes across the screen.

-"Now we are going to slow it down a bit" Journey PS4 gameplay shoots onscreen, new area, dynamic sand blowing. "Its not about the end, its about The Journey" around 2 hours of extra levels and areas. Quick Unfinished Swan PS4 announcement.

-New RIME gameplay, new area showing off dynamic weather and day/night cycle

-FROM Software comes onstage shows Bloodborne....long demo that is basically E3 demo+

-Square comes out "You're excitement has paid off" boom FFXV gameplay trailer, shows off screen filling summons that become temporary party members with special attacks that can be ordered from a new slowed timed order menu...gameplay is very much KH on steroids...boss battle involving platforming elements teased

-next up KH3 gameplay trailer. Sora and team are caught in a blizzard climbing a mountain...as they reach the top suddenly the snow clears revealing Elsa's castle, but something is off as heartless can be seen crawling around it, fast forward to a battle with possessed Elsa in thrown room shooting of Ice blasts yelling 'Leave me alone!'. Demo ends with Sora 'unlocking' her heart thus saving her....cue sizzle real...action figure Sora with articulation points fighting along side Woody and Buzz fighting Zerg.... dolphin tail sora swimming along side Marlin and Dory fighting off the three sharks....teased battle with Doctor Facilier.... cue shots of new organization and returning characters.... end trailer with huge sweeping shot of spaceship and robot Sora jetting around on a fire extinguisher with Wall E

-"And finally one last announcement"

-Black screen, a soft scraping of chains can be heard. Cue glorious reveal of 'The Last Guardian' on PS4. Basically the PS3 trailers we've seen with a PS4 coat of paint. End conference.

Reposting my glorious and accurate predictions

nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

I would like to see some new titles. Time for Bend.

Should be much better than E3. Bloodborne was really the only major exclusive announcement, and that was leaked beforehand.

If GamesCom only shows Media Molecule's next game, it will be better than E3.

I suspect they will have quite a good show, but I don't have wild expectations either.

Should be much better than E3. Bloodborne was really the only major exclusive announcement, and that was leaked beforehand.

If GamesCom only shows Media Molecule's next game, it will be better than E3.

I suspect they will have quite a good show, but I don't have wild expectations either.

LBP3 was also there, and I'd say Grim Fandago was a pretty out of nowhere surprise. NMS coming to PS4 was also surprising since people were speculating MS would pick it up first.

TheHall

I really hope the announce TLG & Shemue, just so we don't have to go over the inflated hype at every single event ever again.

We might lose 50% of all posts in every future thread

Top Bottom