• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur IV Online with PSN is a total joke

xabi

Sorry if I am venting here, but I feel like this deserves its own thread. The online service for Soul Calibur IV on PSN is a total joke. I got this game at noon today, and as of 11 pm I have yet tobe able to play an online game. What gives?

The same things happen to me on Ranked Match and Player Match.

I try quick match - sorry, I get "Failed to connect" or "This session is full"

I try custom match - the first time I usually find some rooms to join, but when I pick one it always says "session is full". After the first time, when I try to find a match, it says "No Session Found." Once I got to the "matching" part of the connection with a room, only for it to tell me "Failed to connect"

If I try to host a room, so far only two people have been able to connect to me. Once they connect, I get a "connection with opponent lost" message at the character select screen.

I am running a wired connection to my router. I don't think that it is a problem with my ISP/router setup as I can play COD4, download stuff from PSN, and my Wii works fine.

Namco, this is totally unacceptable. Is anyone else having issues like me?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Same for me, haven't tried for long but it's always session full. Japanese devs can't do online properly.

Dude, sounds like your ISP.

I can't find any empty ranked rooms, so I open my own and have no problems getting people to connect. I'm wireless as well.

Call your ISP and bitch. :\

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yeah I'm fine now, I do custom matches or just let people join or whatever, it's cool:)

Bandit: PSN or XBL?

Your avatar rules lol

LCGeek

formerly sane
I find PSN is very relative and comes to your ISP where as XBL just seems more solid despite being affected by the same issues on a lesser level. I had to completely configure my friend's router before PSN stopped lagging us heavily during searches. The game's online mode is garbage even compared to DR for PS3 which had more options for rooms and matches yet this doesn't. Still ain't gonna stop me from playing this most of today when I go over to a friends.

xabi

LCGeek said:
I find PSN is very relative and comes to your ISP where as XBL just seems more solid despite being affected by the same issues on a lesser level. I had to completely configure my friend's router before PSN stopped lagging us heavily during searches. The game's online mode is garbage even compared to DR for PS3 which had more options for rooms and matches yet this doesn't. Still ain't gonna stop me from playing this most of today when I go over to a friends.

What sort of configurations did you have to make? COD4 plays okay, and I can navigate the PSN with no problems. Thanks in advance for the help.

PS - I was finally able to get one game going with Ether_Snake late last night. Will try again later on tonight.

LCGeek

formerly sane
xabi said:
What sort of configurations did you have to make? COD4 plays okay, and I can navigate the PSN with no problems. Thanks in advance for the help.

PS - I was finally able to get one game going with Ether_Snake late last night. Will try again later on tonight.

Made a static IP and then put the PS3 in the router's DMZ zone. The thing is other games we tried work fine like the tom clancy games and warhawk.

Does anyone have a suggestion for what microphone to get for PS3.

it's hard to join a match, i always host so no problem at all.

aeon_snake, i added you to my friend list, if there's someone else who'd like to have a match, my PSN is: tommasoted.

Teknoman

Quick match works just fine for me at all times...well maybe once i'll get a full. But more often than not, I get matched nicely. As far as connection conditions, its usually pretty good.

Top Bottom