• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

ZeroAKA

What do you guys use for breaking cursed parts? Are there better options than throwing daggers?

To get those (L) Faction offerings you can just do those high level soul shard or grunt hunts and just sacrifice your self by bleeding yourself dry with blood attacks and let your allies do the mission for you. You usually get at least one of those offerings as a reward, also a great way for martyr rewards.
Also bring the Resolute sigil to save time (+150 ATK, permanently 1 HP).

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Anyone have old screenshots of Poseidon Inn or new screenshots of Luna Wastes for comparison?

Soul Sacrifice Delta:

iWgrMLvhVkwBY.jpg
i1gYUJB3KAfwZ.jpg

Soul Sacrifice:

idEUiK0obolBa.jpg
iRnndCopu5CNR.jpg

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
What do you guys use for breaking cursed parts? Are there better options than throwing daggers?

Hard to say, guess it depends on where the parts are. While throwing might be a good way to do it the fact it randomly targets multiple points makes it unreliable because that is less damage to the part.

While melee attacks are probably good for parts that are ground level like the legs of the Dullahan/Iron Maiden(they call it Virgin).

Apparently the full powered God shockwave(1400 raw atk power) is supposed to be good with dealing with breaking parts but I dunno.

Vamphuntr

Does it changes the ending if I'm in another faction. Finished the Grim's Revised memories
epic fetuses battle
all the way and I'm wondering if facing Magusar in the real world will change the ending.

ZeroAKA

Hard to say, guess it depends on where the parts are. While throwing might be a good way to do it the fact it randomly targets multiple points makes it unreliable because that is less damage to the part.

While melee attacks are probably good for parts that are ground level like the legs of the Dullahan/Iron Maiden(they call it Virgin).

Apparently the full powered God shockwave(1400 raw atk power) is supposed to be good with dealing with breaking parts but I dunno.
You can press L to reset the lock-on after it has been cast, which makes targeting specific parts a lot easier with throw offerings.

Scher

Does it changes the ending if I'm in another faction. Finished the Grim's Revised memories
epic fetuses battle
all the way and I'm wondering if facing Magusar in the real world will change the ending.

It doesn't change the ending depending on faction, but you will get a new boss with a different set of endings from having done the revised memories.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
epic fetuses battle

Once you beat the main story you can choose a "Challenge God" option. Much like the first game's "Challenge Magusar". There is a Save and Sacrifice ending.

Each ending nets you a new blood spell.

I won't say anymore then that.

You can press L to reset the lock-on after it has been cast, which makes targeting specific parts a lot easier with throw offerings.

Neat.

Vamphuntr

Once you beat the main story you can choose a "Challenge God" option. Much like the first game's "Challenge Magusar". There is a Save and Sacrifice ending.

Each ending nets you a new blood spell.

I won't say anymore then that.

Neat.

It doesn't change the ending depending on faction, but you will get a new boss with a different set of endings from having done the revised memories.

I see, thanks to both of you. I don't have a challenge god option though. I guess I have to beat Magusar again to get it (I imported a clear save from Soul Sacrifice).

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I see, thanks to both of you. I don't have a challenge god option though. I guess I have to beat Magusar again to get it (I imported a clear save from Soul Sacrifice).

Make sure you close the book to where you have a Log and settings option. The Challenge God option should appear on that screen. Happy sacrificing.

ZeroAKA

What are the best missions to get the Testament (L).
Forgotten Pacts (black) -> Hour of Cinder Gray -> Combing in the Moonlight. Bring a blood offering and Resolute sigil if possible so that you can kill yourself and let your AI partners handle the rest.

Shengar

Holy shit, I just saw the faction status online. I never knew that Sanctuarium is popular O__O
RIP Avalon, nobody wants to one shotted by ten star rats.

baekshi

Banned
That's good about the paid content, but don't the in-game 'Download' section just connect to whatever your PSN store is? Maybe I'm wrong about this.

Are you required to be online for any of the trophies? Thinking that new global faction thing, specifically.

It checks for Online Pass, if there isn't one.... you're not getting it.

Scher

I decided to mess around with the game a bit, but when I went to the list of pacts, the only one the wasn't blacked out was the very first one, Age of Dawn. I know I've unlocked up to at least the eighth and was able to do missions up to that point last night. Anyone know what the problem might be that's preventing me from doing any of the other pacts I had previously unlocked?

Vamphuntr

Beat the final boss with the Grim's revision. It was a joke but I was at 50/50 already. Basically used the Songstress Lips+ and the evasion offering from elven queen. Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Evade, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Heal and rinse and repeat.

There's another revision for Sanctuarium, right? Do I have to switch faction or simply clearing all their quests will unlock it.

hiljay

To get those (L) Faction offerings you can just do those high level soul shard or grunt hunts and just sacrifice your self by bleeding yourself dry with blood attacks and let your allies do the mission for you. You usually get at least one of those offerings as a reward, also a great way for martyr rewards.

Good looking out! I'm gonna try this tonight.

hiljay

Forgotten Pacts (black) -> Hour of Cinder Gray -> Combing in the Moonlight. Bring a blood offering and Resolute sigil if possible so that you can kill yourself and let your AI partners handle the rest.
How do I unlock hour of cinder gray? Don't have that option.

hiljay

Also bring the Resolute sigil to save time (+150 ATK, permanently 1 HP).

What are the essence reqs for the resolute sigil? Thanks all for booking up the answers to my questions!

ZeroAKA

How do I unlock hour of cinder gray? Don't have that option.
I unlocked it sometime after I finished the Grim stories. It's on the third page of the Pacts below Pacts XI to XV.

What are the essence reqs for the resolute sigil? Thanks all for booking up the answers to my questions!
You had to counter enemy attacks 100 times (and have Cerberus LE+/SE+) to unlock Resolute sigil in the original SS, which is where I imported it from. It's not required to farm Testaments, but it makes the process a bit faster.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I love this damn game. It's surprising that they added so much to an expansion. I really like the weather effects and transitions. This new Worm stage is fantastic too. Ah hell, everything they added is great.

Worm stage transition:
iCylruohyYHU1.jpg
iAblw1TEH9x0B.jpg

Kurod

Banned
I was playing around with the arboreal offerings when I found the cool effect of combining the behemoth's fruit with a vimblossom temporarily turns you into a spirit.

Pretty neat for people that want to play support.

Shengar

I'm getting kind of pissed with this Pegasus fight. There's nowhere in the game to grind either.
You still stuck with the Pegasus in Sympatha pact?
I was playing around with the arboreal offerings when I found the cool effect of combining the behemoth's fruit with a vimblossom temporarily turns you into a spirit.

I think to get out of my comfort and start combining offering effects!
Why throw spells doesn't have any combo? :(
Maybe I just didn't know it yet

Kurod

Banned
Why throw spells doesn't have any combo? :(
Maybe I just didn't know it yet

I know that blanket terrain offerings combo with throw. Standing in the blanket while readying a throw spell of the same element (or neutral) will power them up.

ramyeon

The upgrades and changes made from Vanilla to Delta are seriously no joke. From visuals to core gameplay mechanics, it's all such a huge improvement. I didn't actually like SS that much and just stopped playing at the first Cerberus fight in the story, it didn't grab me. This has been a different beast all together though, I'm loving it! Breezed through the storyline in a couple of days and have been enjoying online with randoms since I was banned on here :p

This is my current set up:

I dunno if it's optimal for my level build but it seems to be working very well for me. Spears are crazy good, the range on them is incredible. Flying enemies that people complain about like Phoenix can be made quick work of, especially when combined with Evasive offerings.

Shengar

I know that blanket terrain offerings combo with throw. Standing in the blanket while readying a throw spell of the same element (or neutral) will power them up.
Wow, I didn't know about that. But I guess for blanket type combo, it only worked if other people actually used it because it's their set up rather than deliberately for combo. I have
The upgrades and changes made from Vanilla to Delta are seriously no joke. From visuals to core gameplay mechanics, it's all such a huge improvement. I didn't actually like SS that much and just stopped playing at the first Cerberus fight in the story, it didn't grab me. This has been a different beast all together though, I'm loving it! Breezed through the storyline in a couple of days and have been enjoying online with randoms since I was banned on here :p

This is my current set up:

I dunno if it's optimal for my level build but it seems to be working very well for me. Spears are crazy good, the range on them is incredible. Flying enemies that people complain about like Phoenix can be made quick work of, especially when combined with Evasive offerings.

Welcome back! You've been banned so long that I fear it's a permanent one (with whom I'll play Toukiden Kyoku with?) :D

Improvement actually sound like an understatement for the case of SSD. They could just slapped SS2 and nobody would complain with such change they've introduced to the game. Before my favorite (solo) hunting action game is Toukiden, not it's definitely SSD due to how combat played out. I'm throw wielder, but I'm not bewildered by the nerf they bring. Actually I'm glad they nerfed because I can try out other weapon that they've just buffed. They also make some reworks on the old bosses that shared the same template to become different to each other. Besides the menu music which I thought it as a downgrade (I always humming the vanilla version), SSD is a nearly complete overhaul.

Also, could you even reach flying Pegasus/Phoenix? I thought they fly too high to be reached by anyone.

ramyeon

Wow, I didn't know about that. But I guess for blanket type combo, it only worked if other people actually used it because it's their set up rather than deliberately for combo. I have

Welcome back! You've been banned so long that I fear it's a permanent one (with whom I'll play Toukiden Kyoku with?) :D

Improvement actually sound like an understatement for the case of SSD. They could just slapped SS2 and nobody would complain with such change they've introduced to the game. Before my favorite (solo) hunting action game is Toukiden, not it's definitely SSD due to how combat played out. I'm throw wielder, but I'm not bewildered by the nerf they bring. Actually I'm glad they nerfed because I can try out other weapon that they've just buffed. They also make some reworks on the old bosses that shared the same template to become different to each other. Besides the menu music which I thought it as a downgrade (I always humming the vanilla version), SSD is a nearly complete overhaul.

Also, could you even reach flying Pegasus/Phoenix? I thought they fly too high to be reached by anyone.
Haha yeah it was a whole month, lurking has been so painful.

MH is still my all-time favourite, but this is great. So much better than SS Vanilla. Definitely looking forward to hopefully a sequel eventually, I'd love to be able to explore a village hub or something, I want to see more of the world outside of the lore in Librom.

Can't reach them when they're really high up out of reach, but most of the time I've fought them they only do that a few times. Most of the time they'll be hovering at a height that can still be reached by the spear, and the charge attack often knocks them to the ground as well.

magnetic

Sorry if I´m being a bit slow, but aside from using Lacrima, is there any downside to switching factions whenever I feel like it? I tried Grim for some time, but I don´t really like the luck-based (?) result screen.

And how did people manage playing the game in pure chaos mode in vanilla SS? Doesn´t that pretty much mean you´re a glass cannon? The way I used to play it was just adding saving souls whenever I felt I was getting too vulnerable and sacrificing them when wanted more attack power.

Basically, what I´m asking: Can I screw myself completely by just figuring stuff out as I go along? I actually enjoy the enigmatic nature of this game, I don´t really want to look up stuff all the time.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Full Sacrifice are definitely glass cannons.

You can level your arm down if you don't like how you're doing in battle and want to align yourself differently. You can't screw yourself over so have fun.

Shengar

And how did people manage playing the game in pure chaos mode in vanilla SS? Doesn´t that pretty much mean you´re a glass cannon? The way I used to play it was just adding saving souls whenever I felt I was getting too vulnerable and sacrificing them when wanted more attack power.

Basically, what I´m asking: Can I screw myself completely by just figuring stuff out as I go along? I actually enjoy the enigmatic nature of this game, I don´t really want to look up stuff all the time.

By become good at rolling and always bring shield everytime. I always survived on any missions even without healing offering and most of the time always get the Unscathed Score.
All went smoothly until that *shiver *shaking Gemini Illecibra mission.

As for the last question, I think the answer is no? You can use rite of transmutation once you reach accumulated level of 100. All offering is obtainable by the respective faction. Nothing is really permanent here beside the archfiends you saved or sacrificed, which on the former option could make them work as your allies in their human form. Even if you sacrifice them, you could still revised the decision and get them afterward.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I loved the Gemini Illecebra mission. Three of us in ad-hoc and it took something like 40 minutes. Rewarded ourselves with a nice supper afterward.

magnetic

By become good at rolling and always bring shield everytime. I always survived on any missions even without healing offering and most of the time always get the Unscathed Score.
All went smoothly until that *shiver *shaking Gemini Illecibra mission.

As for the last question, I think the answer is no? You can use rite of transmutation once you reach accumulated level of 100. All offering is obtainable by the respective faction. Nothing is really permanent here beside the archfiends you saved or sacrificed, which on the former option could make them work as your allies in their human form. Even if you sacrifice them, you could still revised the decision and get them afterward.

Thanks, good to hear that nothing is permanent.

Yeah, the game is definitely the most fun once you properly learn the mechanics. There´s been quite a few bossfights that I just barely survived, but it´s much more fun to go back and learn them properly. In a way, this really reminds me of Monster Hunter - really getting to know the enemies and the weapons you´re using.

And man, Ars Magica is such a useful addition. No more manually searching for quests to get a specific offering!

Ok, unlocked MP last night.

Now I'm playing the Pact missions, starting with level 1 difficulty (hope it's what I'm supposed to be doing at this point)

Question: Is boosting the ideal method of consolidating a lot of redundant spells? And does it make sense to consolidate as few as two of the same spells when the only benefit is acquiring an extra cast?

Question 2: How do I recognize the location of a demon's cursed parts? The mind vision thing, pressing down on the dpad?

Top Bottom