• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

Kurod

Banned
Oh, baby.
xMZdL4w.jpg

jengo

I only played vanilla SS up to Cerberus and it wasn't too confusing for me.

I did the different sorcerer's stories, a bunch of Avalon pacts, but didn't beat Magusar. Now I see Carnatux is the only thing showing completed under Avalon allies after importing my save. What about the tree kid? The Magusar missions I did? I just get the feeling a lot's blacked out that I've done already and the new stuff is mixed in with old stuff that's just been moved around in a new UI.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great game. I just found it hard for me to transition so far. I'll be hitting up the wiki for sure.

ramyeon

Damn, that's amazing. I've only run into a few of those which have been around +150. Other times I've killed them online and someone else has swept in and stolen it off me :/
I did the different sorcerer's stories, a bunch of Avalon pacts, but didn't beat Magusar. Now I see Carnatux is the only thing showing completed under Avalon allies after importing my save. What about the tree kid? The Magusar missions I did? I just get the feeling a lot's blacked out that I've done already and the new stuff is mixed in with old stuff that's just been moved around in a new UI.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great game. I just found it hard for me to transition so far. I'll be hitting up the wiki for sure.
I dunno I feel like the game hinted pretty strongly that you should go check out the things that have changed (e.g.: The Grim faction pacts) to start off with. Although other people have had similar complaints to yours.

Shengar

I don't even know when was I killed it because the trophy was already there as checked it. Sometimes those things just idling behind as you throw offerings to archfiends lol

Phii

Banned
Is it worth it to
refight Magusar? I chose to save him.

It blows my mind that SCEA (and SCEE) aren't marketing this game but Borderlands 2 (which I'll be getting next week). They make me so angry.

Good game last night, Midas. I much enjoyed the first and second one (before I got killed), but then that high level player came in and made things too easy, IMO. Looking forward to future adventures.

ZeroAKA

There's a 7-star dual Illecebra quest in one of the new stories. Took me literally less than 45 seconds to take her down though.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
There's a 7-star dual Illecebra quest in one of the new stories. Took me literally less than 45 seconds to take her down though.

Well if you are by yourself I think they get less health. Was a bit worried when I fought it since I was a glass cannon.

Can someone give me a basic overview of how rumors exactly work? The SSD wikis out there don't have any in-depth information on this feature. I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface of this game....

ZeroAKA

Can someone give me a basic overview of how rumors exactly work? The SSD wikis out there don't have any in-depth information on this feature. I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface of this game....
They're consumable power-ups that you can equip before battles. You get them by talking to the people at the bazaar.

hiljay

Good game last night, Midas. I much enjoyed the first and second one (before I got killed), but then that high level player came in and made things too easy, IMO. Looking forward to future adventures.

Midas - i'm always in the middle of a pact when i get an invite from you! i wanna play with some GAFers! i was weapon in my first 100 levels but i'm switching to a blood/throw versatility build that i'm grinding for now. hit me up! PSNID: neiljoy

Midas - i'm always in the middle of a pact when i get an invite from you! i wanna play with some GAFers! i was weapon in my first 100 levels but i'm switching to a blood/throw versatility build that i'm grinding for now. hit me up! PSNID: neiljoy

Mind if I add you?

PS: I'm down to play fellow GAFers on my lunch break in a few minutes if anyone is interested.

magnetic

Oh, baby.

As a newcomer to this game, can somebody tell me what is going on there? Are there snails that drop a ridiculous amount of XP like the metal slimes in Dragon Quest or something like that?

In general, are there any specific strategies to leveling up effectively, or is it just basically "do a lot of quests"?

baekshi

Banned
As a newcomer to this game, can somebody tell me what is going on there? Are there snails that drop a ridiculous amount of XP like the metal slimes in Dragon Quest or something like that?

In general, are there any specific strategies to leveling up effectively, or is it just basically do a lot of quests"?
There are three of kinds of shell that randomly appear. Copper, silver and gold. They can give huge experience boost if you have a XXL equipped also and be in high level pact.

magnetic

There are three of kinds of shell that randomly appear. Copper, silver and gold. They can give huge experience boost if you have a XXL equipped also and be in high level pact.

Thanks! I saw them rattling along once in a while, had no idea what they actually were!

Man, I just had the most annoying Alice run. I had no offerings left at the start of the third floor, so I told my group that a few times and one guy still took my mushroom. I spent ages running around the zone looking for offering restorers but no dice. In the end I couldn't do anything and just spammed "No offerings" "Sacrifice" and killed myself so they could at least sacrifice me. They kept saving me so I could spend more time running around doing nothing. Then they all died because they'd pissed away all their HP and I couldn't heal them because I had no offerings. :(

Can't complain too much though, did a few pacts way above my level with the same group before that and got some nice offerings

(Also, sending friend requests to the list in the OP. Let's sacrifice everything.)

baekshi

Banned
Man, I just had the most annoying Alice run. I had no offerings left at the start of the third floor, so I told my group that a few times and one guy still took my mushroom. I spent ages running around the zone looking for offering restorers but no dice. In the end I couldn't do anything and just spammed "No offerings" "Sacrifice" and killed myself so they could at least sacrifice me. They kept saving me so I could spend more time running around doing nothing. Then they all died because they'd pissed away all their HP and I couldn't heal them because I had no offerings. :(

Can't complain too much though, did a few pacts way above my level with the same group before that and got some nice offerings

(Also, sending friend requests to the list in the OP. Let's sacrifice everything.)
If this happen ever again, when one from your group falls down, sacrifice them so your offerings could be regenerated.

all mushroom gone and died by 3rd floor is a bit hilarious though....

hiljay

Mind if I add you?

PS: I'm down to play fellow GAFers on my lunch break in a few minutes if anyone is interested.

yup - shoot me an invite! looking forward to playing.

If this happen ever again, when one from your group falls down, sacrifice them so your offerings could be regenerated.

all mushroom gone and died by 3rd floor is a bit hilarious though....

We had a pretty bad run. I'm a completely new player to this and we had the Romalus God for the second floor. :(
I have no idea how to dodge the rings of light it sends out.

How come there are so few reviews of this game? Oo
It's been out for almost 2 weeks...

I'm not 100% sure, but I do know that unlike other games it was only given to reviewers by Sony - so less people likely had it prior to release. Combine that with it being a long game and you have a good recipe for a few reviews.

If you're interested in a review though, The Vita Lounge has one.

Kurod

Banned
Just got done with my first made extreme blank page. Got Radux's voice for it too. One of the pacts was a 13 star cyclopse/griffin gemini. Not much fun there.

was this actually planned to have physical release?

because while i was looking in the manual................

-snip-

It was likely one of those cases where they were waiting to see how well it did in Japan before deciding how to release it over here, so they planned ahead for the best situation and ended up forgetting (or not willing to take the time) to remove the fluff.

test_account

XP-39C²
Maybe its a copy/paste from the previous Soul Sacrifice manual. Online passes doesnt excist anymore, afterall. I know that the game still says "checking online pass" for some reason while playing online.

baekshi

Banned
Maybe its a copy/paste from the previous Soul Sacrifice manual. Online passes doesnt excist anymore, afterall. I know that the game still says "checking online pass" for some reason while playing online.

Online pass still exists for this game. You should look in your service list because you downloaded one - though the notice is about voucher code. It isn't simple copy/paste, it's written differently from SS.

The japanese and asian boxes both include in one.

The template is different also, the original Soul Sacrifice had twice the more information, the japanese Delta also has twice the more information than this but same amount of page - the english is filled with this kind of stuff instead of information - the original didn't have this kind of stuff.

Yeaaah buddy! Nice to meet ya, that guy was tough when we wiped lol. and good stuff to the other fellow gaffers that rolled through. Plan on doing a bunch more like it...game on tonight as well :)

hmm is their enough content in delta to be worth it (have the 9 and 10star Avalon pacts to finish plus all that dlc in the original game)?

35 bucks again is kinda hard to swallow right now :(

ramyeon

What's the best way to gain levels quick? I'm at 71/15 and it's become such a grind and I'm only getting around one level every few fights.

Top Bottom