• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I dont think you understand the difference... you should now post a comparasion....
Sure:

Delta Hunter H:
ibrdk1jfL4haa7.jpg

Vanilla Hunter H (100 Sacrifice):

Delta Faction Specific:

demonkaze

First real time playing Soul Sacrifice, is there anywhere I can find or look up some builds? The amount of offerings are quite daunting to me if i'm honest. Also, I saw on the PSN store that you receive some costume pieces for buying the game before June 11th but I can't seem to find them in game. Will be going Grim if that helps for builds at all.

ZeroAKA

First real time playing Soul Sacrifice, is there anywhere I can find or look up some builds? The amount of offerings are quite daunting to me if i'm honest. Also, I saw on the PSN store that you receive some costume pieces for buying the game before June 11th but I can't seem to find them in game. Will be going Grim if that helps for builds at all.
You can test out offerings by pressing select at the offering selection screen. Take whichever ones you like, and make your build based on those. You can respec or change around your sigils/offerings at any time, so don't worry about messing up. Feel free to post your current build if you want some feedback.

baekshi

Banned
Sure:

Delta Hunter H:

Vanilla Hunter H (100 Sacrifice):

Delta Faction Specific:

is being in the sanctuary fraction(first pic) not the reason why the color H is blue? I don't want to spend 1000 + tears to just change and check it for you ;p

edit: just checked. I think they've revised the colors to fraction, at least you got those G/H/I for ur hard work. surprised you even noticed it...

Scher

The whole end of the game is pretty :)

PS; What's everyone at level-wise?

At 31/21, using Divine Arm for spear bonus from sigils. I really want to start getting into muliplayer content tomorrow because I've just about exhausted all the singleplayer content.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
is being in the sanctuary fraction(first pic) not the reason why the color H is blue? I don't want to spend 1000 + tears to just change and check it for you ;p

edit: just checked. I think they've revised the colors to fraction, at least you got those G/H/I for ur hard work. surprised you even noticed it...
Like I said earlier - 100 Sacrifice Male Hunter was by far my favourite costume in the original. Sad I can't use it until I finish up the other faction trophies. :-(

wilflare

I bought this game.. and I barely finished the first game (just left with the last boss) What should I do? try to finish the first game before I import my save and continue?

PirateKing

How much content does Delta have compared to original game? I'm saying this cuz I have no money for games for a while so I can afford to get one but it's $43 on Au PSN. I really liked the first.

wilflare

How much content does Delta have compared to original game? I'm saying this cuz I have no money for games for a while so I can afford to get one but it's $43 on Au PSN. I really liked the first.

if you really like the first, I'll say it's worth getting. it's really almost like SS2 (or SS1.8) if you want to be really specific!

the game will keep you entertained for quite a while !

At £23.99 I can almost justify this. I might wait for a sale, however. I also want to Plat the original before getting Delta, and then I'll see how I'm feeling about it (might be suffering from burnout by that point: I have to do Pact IX and X, and, well, they aren't easy...)

Shengar

Anyone know where I can Dullahan pact? I need its SE for a sigil but I can't find one in the already discovered pacts.

It's lamost doubled the content of the original. Yes I'm serious here.

IvorB

So I am quite far in the vanilla game (near the end). Can I import my save and continue in this new version? Will I still have my Japanese voice track?

ZeroAKA

I bought this game.. and I barely finished the first game (just left with the last boss) What should I do? try to finish the first game before I import my save and continue?
Start SSD. Gold offerings are a lot easier to obtain in this game.

So I am quite far in the vanilla game (near the end). Can I import my save and continue in this new version? Will I still have my Japanese voice track?
You can import your save. There is no Japanese voice track in SSD.

Shengar

Start SSD. Gold offerings are a lot easier to obtain in this game.

You can import your save. There is no Japanese voice track in SSD.
Zero, do you know where to find Dullahan?
Looks like no one is in Avylon.

No one wants to get one shotted by Ten Star rats lol
Well, after I max my level, I'll probably changed my faction to Avalon for that juicy energizer from Fate.

Damnit, off I go then to those branching pacts >__>
Dullahan locations courtesy of the Ars Magica:
VI. Age of Intrigue
Where's His Head At?

Hour of Desert Sand
Headless Knight's Sea Snicker

The Trail of a Life
The Trail of a Life Ch.1

Hour of RoseBlossom
Headless on a Hill

I was gonna answer the first time you asked, but thought you had figured out where, sorry. :(

I don't remember, sorry. Tell me if you find him because I want one of his offerings too.

Maxed out Similia. Kind of disappointed she doesn't have any black offerings though.

Did you just play with her a lot? Or are there certain items that you can offer that boost that affinity a lot?

Kurod

Banned
I can't be sure, but I think giving her copies of an offering that she owns increases her affinity more than other offerings do.

I can confirm this. I gave Similia 12 of the lowest ranking fire pitchfork offerings and her affinity shot up from C to halfway to A.

magnetic

Gonna download this today! I got SS Vanilla for 15€ used, kinda liked it, but felt it was a bit too limited and repetetive for me to really get into (meaning the variety of the content, not the gameplay mechanics!), and I already knew Delta was going to come out, so I didn´t really dedicate myself to it.

Sounds like Delta has just enough new stuff for me to really get into. Good to hear they also tweaked the combat and the graphics - SS already looked really good, and the new areas look brilliant.

And to be honest, SS is the only "hunting-type" game that has a real personality to me. I tried Toukiden and God Eater Burst, but they just don´t feel nowhere near as deep as Monster Hunter, especially in the way the enemies behave and how flat the combat feels. Soul Sacrifice just went into a very different direction, which I really love.

And man, the art direction is just SO GOOD, and it seems like it only got better in Delta.

Vamphuntr

How do you access the limited edition items I'm supposed to have? I'm not seeing any of them under raiments or accessories.

cyborg009

Banned
So what happen during that live stream last night?
Bnvoo_-IAAAiIJF.png:large

Also Zero how is the stories in delta?

edit: yep they changed the names again :(

baekshi

Banned
So what happen during that live stream last night?
Bnvoo_-IAAAiIJF.png:large

didn't watch it but that tweet shows say that there will be new story, & they'll show wild arm collaboration progress.

ZeroAKA

I like the new stories so far. They expanded on the Fellow Sorcerer stories from the original and added an alternate chapter to the main storyline.

The names didn't change. Red Hood
is just a code name for the Grim girl whose real name is Simila.

Vhalyar

Picked this up today, after having quite a bit of fun with vanilla SS but never finishing it.

First thoughts: holy shit, grenades and homing spells got nerfed to hell, didn't they? I couldn't even manage to inflict a status hell on a harpy.

cyborg009

Banned
I like the new stories so far. They expanded on the Fellow Sorcerer stories from the original and added an alternate chapter to the main storyline.

The names didn't change. Red Hood
is just a code name for the Grim girl whose real name is Simila.

The other characters such as:

Mordred -> Aegrus

ZeroAKA

The other characters such as:

Mordred -> Aegrus
If it's Arthurian, they're going to change it. It wouldn't make sense otherwise at this point.

You've been posting quite a bit here. When are you planning on getting this game? Next week is my last free week for the summer, so it would be nice if we could get in a few games before then. :p

Play-Asia is taking preorders for an (imported) English retail copy of SSD right now, which is supposed to be out in June. $45 before shipping: http://www.play-asia.com/soul-sacrifice-delta-english-paOS-13-49-en-70-7qyx.html

Just be aware that DLC from the NA/EU PSN will not work on the Asian retail game.

Any idea what the DLC will be yet? Will it just be more free creatures like the original SS or will there be actual substantive content, ala Sympatha? If its just creatures I'd be tempted by this.

Also is there an online pass?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
How are encounters with the same old bosses and a new ally more substantial than new bosses?

And yes, there's an online pass. I recommend everyone post in the suggestion box to remove it, since we're digital only anyway.

baekshi

Banned
Any idea what the DLC will be yet? Will it just be more free creatures like the original SS or will there be actual substantive content, ala Sympatha? If its just creatures I'd be tempted by this.

Also is there an online pass?

If it will be free dlc, it will be downloaded through the "Download" page inside the game.

From the japanese release, they have added new creature Succubus. It can be found in Blank Pages and Additional Pact page.

So far, the dlc paid content as far as I know could be the Toro raiment and the Wild Arm stuff.

cyborg009

Banned
If it's Arthurian, they're going to change it. It wouldn't make sense otherwise at this point.

You've been posting quite a bit here. When are you planning on getting this game? Next week is my last free week for the summer, so it would be nice if we could get in a few games before then. :p

I've decide to get it but these summer classes are killing me. I'm really low on funds but hopefully i get that new job to help me out.

Bought the game today.

First time playing SS, and I'm on the initiation quests.

Is there some sort of manual to help me understand some of the menus and how everything connects to each other?

Add me for multiplayer: themadafrican

ZeroAKA

Top Bottom