• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

Shengar

Wait, so if hadn't done it before, you must do Sortiara, Sympatha and Similia missions? Damn, talking about huge story wall if true.

Shengar

Well, at least there isn't Wraith mission anymore. Shit is annoying as fuck in the original, and even more so in SSD.

White Man

Almost got that Pegasus bastard. I really wish I could use an AI partner on this level. Or that there was a good level to grind my health.

Yep, I've been using volt melee and mortar. The volt ground attack usually doesn't hit him because he's flying.
I find the Pegasus and Pheonix really annoying because of their flying,
projectiles, and that they usually aren't vulnerable on the ground because of their "rebirth".

Scher

If you use a spear's charge attack, you can knock them out of the air for a bit. Sure, it uses up your casts really quickly, but I find it makes those fights pretty easy to deal with. It's especially nice, since the spear has pretty good reach.

If you use a spear's charge attack, you can knock them out of the air for a bit. Sure, it uses up your casts really quickly, but I find it makes those fights pretty easy to deal with. It's especially nice, since the spear has pretty good reach.
Great advice! Didn't even think about that.
I need to get some spears when I switch to Sanctuarium.
Edit: Finally reached 50/50 :)

Shengar

I think I kept on spamming those fire mines on him. Kept falcon feather on to keep my distance.
Nah, just Falcon feather do no good. You need shield to fare better against its spinning charge.
Great advice! Didn't even think about that.
I need to get some spears when I switch to Sanctuarium.
Edit: Finally reached 50/50 :)

Red Riding Hood gives some her nice spear of her to me :p

baekshi

Banned
I want an Frost Spear though!!!

Can you explain Rite of Transmutation????
Any sigil or ones that I have unlocked?

you'll get this Carve Heart Sigil opened up and when you do the transmutation, they give you a choice to pick one of the offering type sigils to boost them like Spears, Weapon, Binding. Mine, Special Magic etc.

If in sanctuarium, i suggest going for blood magic, spears, or blitz.

What is debt pact actually? Is it the only for me to recruit Carnatux's sister?
you'll know what's at end! :p

you'll get this Carve Heart Sigil opened up and when you do the transmutation, they give you a choice to pick one of the offering type sigils to boost them like Spears, Weapon, Binding. Mine, Special Magic etc.

you'll know what's at end! :p
Thanks!
Guess I'll go with weapon since I enjoy using the Frost Icebrand :)

Scher

Is the Rite of Transmutation something that can be done indefinitely, or can it only be done once?

White Man

So when using shields and armor, do I use the element the enemy is weak against or his natural element? It makes sense to me that for a monster with ice attacks, ice would be the best blocker. But the opposite makes sense as well.

Novocaine

So when using shields and armor, do I use the element the enemy is weak against or his natural element? It makes sense to me that for a monster with ice attacks, ice would be the best blocker. But the opposite makes sense as well.

Use the elements counter for a shield. The same element if you are using a protection ring.

Shengar

You could CHOOSE which offering type sigil from Rite of Transmutation? Bu-but how? D:
Well I guess weapon magic amp isn't bad, but I want went for the overkill with throwing sigils!

If it will be free dlc, it will be downloaded through the "Download" page inside the game.

From the japanese release, they have added new creature Succubus. It can be found in Blank Pages and Additional Pact page.

So far, the dlc paid content as far as I know could be the Toro raiment and the Wild Arm stuff.

That's good about the paid content, but don't the in-game 'Download' section just connect to whatever your PSN store is? Maybe I'm wrong about this.

Are you required to be online for any of the trophies? Thinking that new global faction thing, specifically.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I think you can register your slayer points offline for the those trophies just fine.

You will need to find someone for local play it you want to skip the online pass. There are co-op trophies.

I think you can register your slayer points offline for the those trophies just fine.

You will need to find someone for local play it you want to skip the online pass. There are co-op trophies.

The Defeat Archfiends ones? I was kind of hoping I could do that by myself in ad hoc… Oh well.

Time to pressure that friend to buy a Vita...

IvorB

Start SSD. Gold offerings are a lot easier to obtain in this game.

You can import your save. There is no Japanese voice track in SSD.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to finish the story in vanilla then. No way I'm switching to English. I like that advanced offerings are easier to obtain. That was my main gripe with the vanilla version.

magnetic

Man, the brother grimm monsters are absolutely brilliant. Really early in the game, but the Three Little Piggies and Rapunzel are just tremendous designs.

I´m also happy that you get to see this new stuff so early on, I was a bit worried that most of the changes would affect endgame.

I think the "fairytale gone wrong" theme really adds a lot to the games atmosphere. SS was mostly just gory and dark, whereas this adds a new, grotesque, almost psychedelic layer to it. Really glad I gave this a chance, despite already owning vanilla SS and having it only played a few hours.

Jindrael

Banned
Okay rushed through the story and started the new Magusar stuff.
I'm glad I didn't import my almost complete save from the original, this allowed me to refresh my memory about the story and play Delta as a whole.

I must say I'm really impressed there is a lot more to Delta than I first thought, I actually only bought the game to support the franchise as I was a great fan of the original but I really think everyone who even remotely liked the original should grab Delta.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Okay rushed through the story and started the new Magusar stuff.
I'm glad I didn't import my almost complete save from the original, this allowed me to refresh my memory about the story and play Delta as a whole.
I wanted to experience the story again anyway so I've been reading through the pacts, skipping grunt missions and completing arch fiends.

Gold offerings made things easier than I would have liked, but it's still a ton of fun.

I wonder why Delta doesn't have a PVP option. Since you're fighting single mages during the game, do you think it wouldn't necessarily work on a technical or balance level?

I hope they are working on a Soul Sacrifice 2.. Delta is incredible and deserves to do well.

culafia

I really hate that challenging the final boss still takes 5 minutes of text screens just to start up again. It might add a tiny bit of pressure, but there's no good excuse not to have a quick restart option.

hiljay

I really hate that challenging the final boss still takes 5 minutes of text screens just to start up again. It might add a tiny bit of pressure, but there's no good excuse not to have a quick restart option.
You can skip them if you've already played through it by pushing start.

Does anyone know how to get + offerings???

Kurod

Banned
You can skip them if you've already played through it by pushing start.

Does anyone know how to get + offerings???
You have to fuse them. It's a gold version of the offering you want + a large faction offering. The type of faction offering required depends on the type of magic.

Jindrael

Banned
You have to fuse them. It's a gold version of the offering you want + a large faction offering. The type of faction offering required depends on the type of magic.

You can also get them as rewards, I got 4 + offerings for my Alice run.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
To get those (L) Faction offerings you can just do those high level soul shard or grunt hunts and just sacrifice your self by bleeding yourself dry with blood attacks and let your allies do the mission for you. You usually get at least one of those offerings as a reward, also a great way for martyr rewards.

Top Bottom