• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

cyborg009

Banned
How do I raise my allies affinity? Also does sacrificing a archfiend with a divine ally decrease it?

Jumped in to some multiplayer tonight and saw this:

K4vDnEt.jpg

I was happy about hitting 18/5 tonight but then... 99 prestige. Dead.gif.

How long has this been out in Japan?!

Japanese release was a bit over 2 months ago. But seriously damn.....

ramyeon

Just did my first Transmutation - chose the Spear heart sigil. Now to do it all over again :p is there any particular quests that work best for power levelling? Perhaps something that spawns a lot of grunts?

ramyeon

do it in alice of temple.
I was thinking of that too, might try it soon. Just saw on GameFAQs there's a pact in chapter XII that spawns loads of grunts without activating the archfiend, apparently if you use two XXL EXP rumours you can get to 100 within 20 minutes in that pact.

baekshi

Banned
I was thinking of that too, might try it soon. Just saw on GameFAQs there's a pact in chapter XII that spawns loads of grunts without activating the archfiend, apparently if you use two XXL EXP rumours you can get to 100 within 20 minutes in that pact.
I'll try that!

ramyeon

I'll try that!
You should, it's hands down the fastest way to level imo. I just tried it out with one XXL and one M rumour and got to level 100 (And finished off the Archfiend) within half an hour. It'd be even faster with two XXLs which I'll try next. The post said there were 100 grunts but there's definitely more, it seemed unending to me. At one point my NPCs activated the Iron Maiden but I just let them deal with her while I ran around playing clean up till I got to 100 lol.

Age XII: An Iron Clad Prayer (I think that's the name) for those who want to try.

Edit: Kinda lame that the Heart Sigils only seem to increase by 5% every time. I suppose you can only ever carve one at a time as well?

baekshi

Banned
Age XII: An Iron Clad Prayer (I think that's the name) for those who want to try.

Edit: Kinda lame that the Heart Sigils only seem to increase by 5% every time. I suppose you can only ever carve one at a time as well?
that is correct! it will go up to 150%

Shengar

When you do the transmutation, you get a rumor with XXL exp gain and it has 5 uses. I've already done 2 transmutations, myself, and I've had no issues leveling back up to 100.

Is there any tips for leveling up quick? It is possible to do black page pact with 1/1 level? Being Grim sometimes feel like an ass since your magic or life level might out pace the other one even though you choose fate.

ramyeon

Is there any tips for leveling up quick?
Yep:
ramyeon said:
Just saw on GameFAQs there's a pact in chapter XII that spawns loads of grunts without activating the archfiend, apparently if you use two XXL EXP rumours you can get to 100 within 20 minutes in that pact.
ramyeon said:
I just tried it out with one XXL and one M rumour and got to level 100 (And finished off the Archfiend) within half an hour. It'd be even faster with two XXLs which I'll try next. The post said there were 100 grunts but there's definitely more, it seemed unending to me. At one point my NPCs activated the Iron Maiden but I just let them deal with her while I ran around playing clean up till I got to 100 lol.

Took me under an hour to get to level 100 twice from 1/1.

Shengar

Iron Maiden.....that archfiends and its male counterpart seems just love me. They always make their maddened charge at me after all!
I need to bring Dullahan armor if I want to survive lol

ramyeon

Iron Maiden.....that archfiends and its male counterpart seems just love me. They always make their maddened charge at me after all!
I need to bring Dullahan armor if I want to survive lol
Yeah they're not the most fun to fight, it's not a particularly difficult pact though. If you bring along some S rank allies they tend to be pretty helpful too, I brought Similia and Sympatha and I didn't even have to kill any of the grunts, they just did all the work for me while I ran around Saving/Sacrificing.

Shengar

Incubus is far more annoying for me. I mean, hidden ill-cursed part that only appears during certain attacks? And oh fuck those ice slide attack. They just seems know the most perfect time to use it.

Scher

Incubus is far more annoying for me. I mean, hidden ill-cursed part that only appears during certain attacks? And oh fuck those ice slide attack. They just seems know the most perfect time to use it.

I absolutely cannot stand Incubus. It's easily the worst boss, in my opinion. I don't think I've ever broken any of the cursed parts on an incubus both because the ill part is hidden and the normal cursed parts are too high up and never seem to be in range to hit, whether incubus is on the ground or not.

Excellent, do characters carry over?

You can carry over your character from the first game, with certain limitations. Those limitations are that your level will be reset, you can only transfer 10000 lacrima, and I think there's some limit on how many of each offering and essence you can carry over. I'm not entirely sure what the limitations on offerings and essences is, but someone else probably has a better understanding of that.

Shengar

I absolutely cannot stand Incubus. It's easily the worst boss, in my opinion. I don't think I've ever broken any of the cursed parts on an incubus both because the ill part is hidden and the normal cursed parts are too high up and never seem to be in range to hit, whether incubus is on the ground or not.

You could knock him out when he used his spinning attack, but the problem is that he recovered up to his feet so fucking quick that you wouldn't be unable to attack his ill-cursed part lest you stand in energizer circle. Pied Piper also have this shit of ill-cursed part being hidden in his body, but you have more windows of opportunity to atttack it.

ZeroAKA

2 transmutations so far, don't think I'll be grinding too much for more transmutations since the 5% boost after the first transmutation isn't really worth the time for me.

I think I've 3-starred every black Grim offering I'll ever need now.

ramyeon

2 transmutations so far, don't think I'll be grinding too much for more transmutations since the 5% boost after the first transmutation isn't really worth the time for me.

I think I've 3-starred every black Grim offering I'll ever need now.
Yeah I'll probably go till I get to the rank 10 spear Heart Sigil and then stop, can't see myself grinding out other sigils I'll never use.

Got 3 star black offerings for all my regular stuff except elemental staves. Not sure if I'll end up doing those since non-elemental seems to work okay anyway.

xinek

These questions are probably annoying, but I put this game down months ago to wait for Delta, and I've never done any co-op.

I'm at "Several Years Later: Ch. 5", which is really early on, right? Is that too low-level to reasonably co-op?

I'm kind of bad -- I haven't gotten anywhere close to beating the Elven Queen. Is this a game that you outfit your character specifically for co-op? If so, what offerings are best to avoid being that person who's so bad it's annoying?

So, I can download Delta and then seriously just load/import my existing save? Seems very easy. I do remember that my character used a black rite but doesn't have enough lacrima to erase the effect. Guess that needs to be fixed before going online, at least.

baekshi

Banned
Give them the same offerings that they already have. If you sacrifice monsters with a Sanctarium partner, his/her affinity will decrease. Same goes for saving monsters with an Avalon partner.
If you have Avalon partner, and sacrifice, i believe the affinity will increases but not by much.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
The only thing I can recommend for not being a bother in co-op is to avoid offerings that knock enemies into the air, because they'll do the same to your allies. Stonefist and Summons are some examples.

ZeroAKA

Finished the 18 debt pacts in about an hour, really easy stuff. Kind of surprised there isn't a trophy for completing them though.

These questions are probably annoying, but I put this game down months ago to wait for Delta, and I've never done any co-op.

I'm at "Several Years Later: Ch. 5", which is really early on, right? Is that too low-level to reasonably co-op?

I'm kind of bad -- I haven't gotten anywhere close to beating the Elven Queen. Is this a game that you outfit your character specifically for co-op? If so, what offerings are best to avoid being that person who's so bad it's annoying?

So, I can download Delta and then seriously just load/import my existing save? Seems very easy. I do remember that my character used a black rite but doesn't have enough lacrima to erase the effect. Guess that needs to be fixed before going online, at least.
Several Years Later is the first part of the main story, so you didn't get very far at all. SSD has a easy 2-star Elven Queen pact that you can try with other players online. In general, you should focus on fire offerings and maybe bring a shield for when she uses her flying swipe attack.

The only offerings that you should be careful about in co-op are the knockdown offerings that erpg mentioned. If you have high life, you might also consider bringing Area Heal and Arboreal offerings to help your partners in co-op.

You can import your SS save file into SSD.

xinek

Finished the 18 debt pacts in about an hour, really easy stuff. Kind of surprised there isn't a trophy for completing them though.

Several Years Later is the first part of the main story, so you didn't get very far at all. SSD has a easy 2-star Elven Queen pact that you can try with other players online. In general, you should focus on fire offerings and maybe bring a shield for when she uses her flying swipe attack.

The only offerings that you should be careful about in co-op are the knockdown offerings that erpg mentioned. If you have high life, you might also consider bringing Area Heal and Arboreal offerings to help your partners in co-op.

You can import your SS save file into SSD.

Ok, thanks. Really looking forward to getting into this again! The atmosphere and creepiness of this game cannot be beat.

ramyeon

The only thing I can recommend for not being a bother in co-op is to avoid offerings that knock enemies into the air, because they'll do the same to your allies. Stonefist and Summons are some examples.
It's surprising how many people still use these in online though. As a melee user it's really frustrating playing with anyone that does :/

It's surprising how many people still use these in online though. As a melee user it's really frustrating playing with anyone that does :/
Well I've seen people use Fists to unmerge Alice from the floor. That's one use.
So glad eggs don't knock teammates back anymore. :)

ramyeon

Well I've seen people use Fists to unmerge Alice from the floor. That's one use.
So glad eggs don't knock teammates back anymore. :)
Oh using them for utility in certain situations is fine, I've played with a few people who just spam fist offerings and for someone who's always up close with a spear it just leads to me spending half the fight on the floor :p

Randomly came across the Bomb and Carpet combo in ad-hoc. This game is so good.
It's like your very own pet plant. :3
Oh using them for utility in certain situations is fine, I've played with a few people who just spam fist offerings and for someone who's always up close with a spear it just leads to me spending half the fight on the floor :p
I know how you feel, Terrwyn has been doing that to me. >_>

Kurod

Banned
Finally got my Gargoyle SE+++ and LE+++ for the Demon V sigil. As a nice bonus I got the Rockman Arm too. Also, as if to spit in my eye, I got a Gargoyle +++ rumor from Vidiara when I was done...

I think the lesson is to farm a crap-ton of essence from the weakest versions until you finally get +++ rumors :mad:

Anyone here know what exactly the requirements are for this trophy;

The Right Arm's New Powers
Triggered resonance using your faction's seal during quest.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do to fulfill that, and I'm like 80% done all quests in the game.

ramyeon

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do to fulfill that, and I'm like 80% done all quests in the game.
Faction sigils (Sanctuarium I, Avalon I, Grim I etc.) give resonance that boosts the effects of other sigils at a cost (Usually lowers the effectiveness of others). In my case I'm Sanctuarium and mine boosts the effectiveness of my Spear and Blitz sigils while lowering Throw.

To get the trophy you just have to equip the Faction sigil with ones that give resonance I assume.

I hope that makes sense.

baekshi

Banned

i think you have to sacrifice your mate

thats how i got it

or that ^

i dont know how i got it actually

Rurunaki

Question here guys. I remember being able to boost 2x 3stars (S) offerings to make 1x (M) offering, now I can't seem to do that and I'm stuck with a bunch of 3stars (S) offerings. Did they change the way to acquire (M) and (L) offerings?

Seil

Question here guys. I remember being able to boost 2x 3stars (S) offerings to make 1x (M) offering, now I can't seem to do that and I'm stuck with a bunch of 3stars (S) offerings. Did they change the way to acquire (M) and (L) offerings?

Yeah, it's been changed. You can still upgrade offerings, but through Fusion instead. It requires you have a Testament offering of the appropriate tier and faction for that offering type. Grim for Weapons or Mines, for example.

I may be wrong, and please correct me if so, but it seems to me the number of S and M testaments are limited... However, I hear L can be farmed.

Edit: I really would like to know if it's possible to continue obtaining S and M rank testaments, as so far I've only seen them from hidden pacts and reaching certain INT levels... Which would be bad considering you need all three factions for Ars Magica x.x

Rurunaki

Thanks thanks. I was worrying if my offerings were becoming obsolete. Took me a while to finish the last part of the Grim faction intro. I didnt even get to break all the parts :/

ZeroAKA

Edit: I really would like to know if it's possible to continue obtaining S and M rank testaments, as so far I've only seen them from hidden pacts and reaching certain INT levels... Which would be bad considering you need all three factions for Ars Magica x.x
Near might work. They could also appear as rewards for logging in faction points, I think.

Top Bottom